Can Airsoft translate to real firearm skill?

Diemaco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Unless your doing it day in day out for hrs on end me personally I don’t think you’ll get THAT MUCH of an improvement in your skills with training , but then again any improvement is better than nothing ? 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Unless your doing it day in day out for hrs on end me personally I don’t think you’ll get THAT MUCH of an improvement in your skills with training , but then again any improvement is better than nothing ? 

Fuck that I am naturally gifted 😜

Can Airsoft translate to real firearm skill?

noun 1. the ability to do something well;

In that case, I would say yes - although mainly applying to use of GBB rifles and pistols.
When I first shot with real guns, my sole experience of any kind of weapons was airsoft.
Poland being the wonderfully laid back country it is, the safety briefing was minimal, we were given glocks, magazines and rounds and left to get on with things.
Instructor came back a while later and asked how long I'd been shooting - he was very surprised to find out it was my first time.
The only way, I suppose to find out if the question is true would be to take a number of non airsofters with no RS experience and the same number of airsofters without RS experience.
Then put them through a basic course and see who performs better at the end...

Who practices Airsoft drills?

I do.

action air pistol shooting unfortunately requires it to be any good.

plus it takes the same skill set, if you shoot real steel and understand the effect of power factor with compensators then you can train in the uk with an identical gas pistol and the recoil is negligible.

plus all the belt kit is shared.

couple of guys who shoot pistols abroad do airsoft for this reason

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Who practices Airsoft drills?

I do.

action air pistol shooting unfortunately requires it to be any good.

plus it takes the same skill set, if you shoot real steel and understand the effect of power factor with compensators then you can train in the uk with an identical gas pistol and the recoil is negligible.

plus all the belt kit is shared.

couple of guys who shoot pistols abroad do airsoft for this reason

Practical pistol shooting is different as practicing for competition is understandable same as speedsofter teams who train together.

General airsofters though while it is their choice to me it all seems a bit odd.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Fuck that I am naturally gifted 😜

Well played sir , well played ! 😂

Airsoft for training makes more sense in the broader scheme of things when the focus is not solely on slinging BBs around.

It has its place like simunition and lasers/miles, it can't be all things to all men.

The trick is finding what it can do and pushing that forward.

7 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

What are we all training for? The Russians aren't coming and the zombies, well the zombies ain't going to be a thing.

For something to do in their free time. 

Wanting to get better at something that has a competitive nature to it isn't strange. Darts players, sprinters, race car drivers, golfers, swimmers etc etc etc.  

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

What are we all training for? The Russians aren't coming and the zombies, well the zombies ain't going to be a thing.

we're training for the post-brexit economy, it's gonna be survival of the fittest once boris is done with the eu.....

:P

3 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

I think I'm lost, what are we bitching about here :P 

Training for the apocalypse, or shooting at paper targets from about two inches away.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Mad Rag said:

I think I'm lost, what are we bitching about here :P 

About how some delusional fuckers think airsoft is in someway like real life. You know the type, they daydream about how one day they will called up to defend their country with all their airsoft experience. Those that believe shouting tango and holding onto their mates shoulder while entering a room makes them the airsoft equivalent of the sas.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Those that believe shouting tango and holding onto their mates shoulder while entering a room makes them the airsoft equivalent of the sas.

21 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

About how some delusional fuckers think airsoft is in someway like real life. You know the type, they daydream about how one day they will called up to defend their country with all their airsoft experience. Those that believe shouting tango and holding onto their mates shoulder while entering a room makes them the airsoft equivalent of the sas.

I am sure that's same for every gun nut in the good old US of A (except that they think they are all DevGru)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

The Russians aren't coming and the zombies, well the zombies ain't going to be a thing.

In either scenario, I for one will be welcoming our new overlords and defecting to the winning team while the pickings are still good.

26 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

shouting tango and holding onto their mates shoulder while entering a room makes them the airsoft equivalent of the sas. 

My local site is running a chaaaridy weekender featuring Phil Campion teaching... urgh... real world SAS tactics.

The thought of our Walts dry humping his leg while ejaculating[1] "BREACH! BREACH! BREACH!"[2] fills me with equal parts amusement and pity.

[1] noun: an abrupt, exclamatory utterance.

[2] It's jolly sporting of them to constantly broadcast their location and intentions to half the site.

55 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What about if I fall over in a puddle can I be the airsoft SBS? 

Archived