SSX-23 GNB Novs new pistol.

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

15 hours ago, MadMole said:

Do those saying its bad even have Novritsch products or is it all third party heresay?

I'm guessing the person who was told they are pulling the trigger wrong has one.

I think it's fair to take people's views, both negative and positive, in to consideration when evaluating a prospective purchase and I would be aprehensive about buying a product where CS tells a customer they're not pulling the trigger properly.

This doesn't mean it's not a good product and I'm glad you're happy with yours.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't put many rounds through mine actually, just a couple of mags and so far no problems, only a jam with a mag that was almost out of gas.

I will file down the mag lips regardless just to be sure.

Also waiting for the suppressor from @Samurai

Will also get an armpit holster and mod it to accept this huge chunk of plastic. Now, don't get me wrong, the DTD holster is awesome, excellent build quality and the system is really clever, but I feel like it's going to be quite uncomfortable to draw the gun when prone.

On 25/08/2019 at 13:50, Samurai said:

I zip tied a holster positioned partly on the chest partly in armpit.

Of what?

A ghillie?

I found my old dropleg holster, wanted to zip tie it to my "sniper" backpack, but I guess strapping it directly to a ghillie would work too!

On 25/08/2019 at 08:26, Rogerborg said:

How do you know what his support is like for problem guns if you don't have a problem gun?

Shit, you feeling ok? you said gun and not toy.

Clearly the hot weather has gotten to you

• Supporters
1 minute ago, SgtTalbert said:

and you double posted, sure the hot weather hasn't affected you either ;):P

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

and you double posted, sure the hot weather hasn't affected you either ;):P

Blame the forum, pressing post seemingly didnt do anything the first time

• Supporters
16 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

It's been crazy hot, I've had to turn the heated grips on my bike down to half power.

This am bestest toy gnu.

027p.jpg

I've got a mate who has just got one of these, he also has the ASG version which we have upgraded a bit. He is very pleased with it, likes the feel over the ASG because of the extra weight however the double feed issue was so much worse than the ASG out of the box, even using the 'approved' trigger pull, however a bit of time spent filing the feed lips has cured the problem completely as it did on the ASG .

The ASG has had the silencer modded to act as a silencer rather than as a barrel extension by cross drilling the barrel extension and fitting foam into the silencer. Having shot both, Performance wise there is nothing in it, both have great range an accuracy, and both are amazingly quiet. I would agree that the Nov feels less toy like because of the extra weight but the modded ASG is every bit as good and with the cost of the upgrade parts ( hop rubber, I key and TDC ) owes him less than £100

9 minutes ago, Samurai said:

A vest.

Can I haz pictures?

Even in DMs if we want to keep the thread on SSX23s rather than holsters :)

On 24/08/2019 at 21:24, StayOnTarget said:

Purely out of interest what kind of range are you getting? 🖖

unfortunately cant tell full range as only been shooting in my garden which is quite short. 3" cluster at 20m on a red dot

On 25/08/2019 at 08:26, Rogerborg said:

How do you know how many people are reporting feeding issues directly to Novritsch?

Nobody does, but I can see exactly how many report them on the SSG24, SSP1, SXX23 user groups

How do you know that it's an easy fix if you haven't had to do it?

Because there are now about 10 video's out by people including Novritch on how to notch the feed lips to fix issue and everyone who's done it says it works.

How do you know how many people have bought an SSX-23?

Because Novritch showed the  piles of SSX boxes in his warehouse and people post order numbers which are sequential

How do you know what his support is like for problem guns if you don't have a problem gun?

Cos I've used them several times for my other guns and for issues around BAC v UKARA

Took it out for a game, great range and accuracy (and somehow the hop was already tuned for .30s but that's irrelevant).

Quite quiet even without the suppressor.

Got one double feed but that was me not knowing how MK23s work. Will still mod the feed lips.

Just one thing, it's a shame that the DTD holster doesn't allow you to holster the gun while cocked (it's the reason why I got the double feed).

Looking forward to see it perform in a woodland field as today it was a cqb day. + I'm getting my hands on a genuine TM suppressor next week, a teammate has one lying around because he broke the gun but kept the can (I'll have 2 suppressors, which may lead to a 2nd mk23 and a carbine kit if I feel stupid enough).

Overall I'm impressed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Small update.

Samurai's suppressor has been mounted and, with great disappointment, the barrel thread is off to the right and slightly pointing upwards. Bbs hit the bottom left part of the suppressor hole.

Will check again with the genuine TM can, but I suspect it's not gonna change anything.

Will send CS a message anyway and see if I can bodge something up for Sunday's game.

• Supporters
On 13/09/2019 at 08:41, Skara said:

Samurai's suppressor has been mounted and, with great disappointment, the barrel thread is off to the right and slightly pointing upwards.

:(

I'll have to change my motto from "It's never the gun!"

to "It's never the gun except when it's a Novritsch one."

5 minutes ago, Samurai said:

:(

I'll have to change my motto from "It's never the gun!"

to "It's never the gun except when it's a Novritsch one."

Of course, Novritsch stuff is perfect and whoever complains about it is just a crybaby.

/s

Since we're here, who makes a good aftermarket mk23 barrel with a straight thread? Just in case Nov's support tells me to get better eyes :P

I've had one of these for a few weeks (yet to skirmish). Overall impressed with how it shoots (albeit just in my 40M garden), the slide and sights are very appealing. My only real gripe is you do get double-feeds and jams using Novristch mags but I've got two stti mags and they feed perfectly - regardless of how you pull the trigger! So it'd be nice if he sent replacement feed lips gratis.

Nov's support is sending me a replacement outer barrel, for once they're being kind even if the evidence I provided didn't really show the issue :)

Person's name is Christian..

Added this to his video. “Nice to see what is needed but to be honest the whole sales pitch of a gun that has already been upgraded, this should not be needed. Will you be sending out the improved part free of charge to the the people that have already purchased the guns? First outing with my SSX23 today and gave up trying to use it, double fed every shot. “

• 2 weeks later...

Replacement barrel has been mounted, it's straight (tested with both Samurai's suppressor and genuine TM one) and for some reason it's half a mm longer than the stock one, which is odd as they most likely come from the same mold.

Satisfied with Nov's customer support so far.

On 22/09/2019 at 19:51, MarkJF said:

Added this to his video. “Nice to see what is needed but to be honest the whole sales pitch of a gun that has already been upgraded, this should not be needed. Will you be sending out the improved part free of charge to the the people that have already purchased the guns? First outing with my SSX23 today and gave up trying to use it, double fed every shot. “

Agree, free updated feed lips would have been top notch customer service but I picked up a few ASG ones for £4 each and have fitted them to the Nov mags. Feeds like a dream now and I'm very happy with the package overall.

Archived