SSX-23 GNB Novs new pistol.

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

23 minutes ago, Skara said:

On the website you can see the recommended gas according to the temperature.

2.0 should be bog standard green gas, so I guess you're good to go!

it actually recommends 1.0 from what I have seen. Confuses me but it's NBB only really propelling the BB. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what's confused me. When I emailed them he said any green gas should be fine. It mantions high pressure etc and with the recommendation being 1.0 I asked if the green 2.0 would be OK and they guy emailed to say any green gas should be fine. 

48 minutes ago, Mojo-jono said:

That's what's confused me. When I emailed them he said any green gas should be fine. It mantions high pressure etc and with the recommendation being 1.0 I asked if the green 2.0 would be OK and they guy emailed to say any green gas should be fine. 

From the site bud

Using High-Pressure Gas at more than 10°C can break your magazine’s seal.
Follow this chart to make sure your magazines will last for a long time and to get the best performance out of your SSX-23.

Temperature Ideal Gas Recommended BBs
-10°C – +10°C Gas – High Pressure 0.28g
11°C – 50°C Gas – Low Pressure 0.36g

I'd say 1.0 untill sub 10°C going from their site saying it can break the magazine.

Mhm, did he get a lemon?

1 minute ago, Samurai said:

Sucks.

What BBs?

received less than an hour ago. Tested 8 mags through it total with .32’s , .36’s , and .45’s. All BLS. Cleaned as well before firing.

10/10 novvy

https://imgur.com/a/4c01JGM

his response? I’m pulling the trigger incorrectly..

Tis what he said in the comments.

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

received less than an hour ago. Tested 8 mags through it total with .32’s , .36’s , and .45’s. All BLS. Cleaned as well before firing.

10/10 novvy

https://imgur.com/a/4c01JGM

his response? I’m pulling the trigger incorrectly..

Tis what he said in the comments.

I'm sure we can find a few militray men to tell him how to pull the trigger like a real man and avoid such imbarresement in the future.

Here's the thing. Even the best products can come broken. It's how support resolves the issue for you. If support just blame you and are just generally unhelpful then avoid them not worth the risk of having to deal with them.

Just now, heroshark said:

could be an issue with the feed lips

Exactly, I heard mk23 replica magazines have this problem, which is easily solved by slightly filing down the lips.

Shame CS tells people to basically git gud instead of being welcoming and helping.

Just bought one, get ready to print me a suppressor :P @Samurai

12 minutes ago, mirinjawbro said:

where can I get just the metal slide for this?

On the website, under the "parts" category.

You're welcome :P

• Supporters

Not for me , theres way too many players saying how there customer service sucks if you have a problem  .

So I’ll steer clear of anything that has that shitspeckledmonkeyfarts name on it .

On 10/08/2019 at 12:44, Cipher-032 said:

Cam man has uploaded a good video:

The big issue is I think people dont understand what they get in the package. They all think its just got his name on it. But heres the facts:

• It comes with a Metal slide, with fibre optic sights. And pre-drilled holes for the mounting of a RIS rail.
  • The inner barrel is a 6.02mm preciosion barrel, likely Edgi. (its not 6.03 as cam man states)
  • 50 Degree ML Autobot bucking. Which is a sound choice. Ive used them, and they do perform well. Specially in my own MK23.
  • Has a TDC cover, with a metal H plate, rather than plastic.
  • The slide catch saftey has been removed to stop accidental application. 
  • The magazines have a harder gas route to aid/prevent sticky trigger issues.
  • Comes with a egg shell hard case

For the money, yes you can do it on your own for a similar price. But the ASG/STTI suppressors are barrel extension, and take FPS up 400 occasionally. And I know this as mine is a ASG! (removed and baffled now). But I think looking at the features. You can see Nov has done his research and testing. On the prototype, you can see he was using a Hadron designs TDC.
Yeah its annoying that you dont get the suppressor, It would of made more sense to have in come with the gun, and mark up the price to match.

Personally I think the people crying out that he is a nob and just trying to cheese people off need to look at the facts. See the performance in the video above.

The greatest weakness he will face is that base plates of the mags will leak. Those who own the clone guns will know for a fact this is a massive weak point. And a lot of newbies will probably struggle with fixing this issue.

Failing that feel free to spend the same money on a TM Mk23, get the suppressor but no upgrades, and a magazine that will leak if use Nurpol 2. Only to spend more money getting the upgrades that the SSX-23 already has.

Just my 2 cents.

You make a very valued argument and thanks for the video link.Ok my only gripe with this are the fibre optic sights but that is purely personal I wouldnt have them on anything(I even removed them from my air pistol),I've got a Nov suppressor and I'm very happy with it and the build quality so come the sad sad day when my TM MK23(only upgrade I've done is straw hop) dies or god forbid I loose it I would buy this without hesitation and replace the sights🖖

SSX just arrived.

First impressions: it's HUGE, I saw MK23s before but I didn't remember they were meant for cyclops .-.

Just a quick question, are the magazine springs always so stiff to pull?

• Supporters
On 21/08/2019 at 13:03, Skara said:

Just a quick question, are the magazine springs always so stiff to pull?

No. Nov changed the spring to be stiffer because he thought it will solve a feeding problem. It doesn't. Paired with the shitty mag lips it causes double feed and eventually breaking the feeding ramp thing.

Mod the lips or switch to TM lips to avoid it.

21 hours ago, Samurai said:

No. Nov changed the spring to be stiffer because he thought it will solve a feeding problem. It doesn't. Paired with the shitty mag lips it causes double feed and eventually breaking the feeding ramp thing.

Mod the lips or switch to TM lips to avoid it.

Just bought some STTI mk23 mags they are stiff springs too while the TM one I have is pretty gentle,done a little bit of dremmel work to the mag itself so I dont have to top load anymore,do I need to go look for a video on how to mod the lips too?

• Supporters
5 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Just bought some STTI mk23 mags they are stiff springs too while the TM one I have is pretty gentle,done a little bit of dremmel work to the mag itself so I dont have to top load anymore,do I need to go look for a video on how to mod the lips too?

Try the mk23 facebook community or https://www.onmymk.com/

I haven't done it myself, I have TM, but I heard that you need drill a dent in the lip so the BB sits in it and doesn't move forward too easily.

Well, around 1000 rounds through my SSX23 now with 4 diiferrent mags and absolutely no probs what so ever. there are about 20 people reporting feeding issues (very easy fix) v thousands who have no issues. I've personally found Novritsch's customer support very helpful indeed. Do those saying its bad even have Novritsch products or is it all third party heresay?

Oh and yes the mag springs are bleeding stiff and hard to hold down unless you have the printed gadget off ebay to hold it down.

Quiet, accurate, impressed with mine

1 hour ago, MadMole said:

Well, around 1000 rounds through my SSX23 now with 4 diiferrent mags and absolutely no probs what so ever. there are about 20 people reporting feeding issues (very easy fix) v thousands who have no issues. I've personally found Novritsch's customer support very helpful indeed. Do those saying its bad even have Novritsch products or is it all third party heresay?

Oh and yes the mag springs are bleeding stiff and hard to hold down unless you have the printed gadget off ebay to hold it down.

Quiet, accurate, impressed with mine

Purely out of interest what kind of range are you getting? 🖖

• Supporters

Well then. Here we go.

12 hours ago, MadMole said:

Well, around 1000 rounds through my SSX23 now with 4 diiferrent mags and absolutely no probs what so ever.

This should go without saying.  It's saying something that it needs to be said.

there are about 20 people reporting feeding issues

How do you know how many people are reporting feeding issues directly to Novritsch?

(very easy fix)

How do you know that it's an easy fix if you haven't had to do it?

v thousands who have no issues.

How do you know how many people have bought an SSX-23?

I've personally found Novritsch's customer support very helpful indeed.

How do you know what his support is like for problem guns if you don't have a problem gun?

Archived