SSX-23 GNB Novs new pistol.

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well he has finally released his new Mk23 Clone...

Wait for all the vids and excuses as to why it’s the best!

0872A920-0F19-4CEA-8A22-F20E9CCA7599.jpeg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks gash

E: Bit more of a reply - Pretty much the sole selling point is that it's pre-upgraded - which is great, but they better be sure of the performance because if people need to do anything else (like with their GBB pistol) to get things working, it's a waste of time buying theRIF.

I'm really not a fan of that rail on the top - RDS on top would be great, but seems like an inelegant way to do things. Quite high sight-over-bore too, no cowitness etc.

My personal opinion I'm not interested in any aspect of it. A lot will jump at a metal slide and a solid rmr mount. Tbf its not mounting plate style low but the lowest most secure rail set up I've seen. Fiber sights are a nice touch but look potentially easy to break. Suppressor is a good design. The base gun is not totally unreasonable for the price. Considering its replaced parts and minor home brew mods ready done that many users of the platform perform themselves. Great for the non techie minded. The tdc and nub is less advanced than hadrons design but I'm glad he hasn't ripped off hadron. A wise move considering hadrons is a copyright protected design. A few are going "it doesnt even come with a suppressor" but I think people are missing the point. The idea is you buy the elements you want. Many will want to use a different suppressor or even no suppressor. Take the TM version for exsample if you could buy it without the suppressor an lam at a reduced price many would because they don't use those elements. The co2 mags could be a nice option for users providing they last more than 5 min before they start pissing gas but I'm yet to come across an airsoft co2 mag that manages that.

Have to say looks wank. Which is enough for me to say no ta. 

I have bought one, I was after a replacement NBB pistol after mine was damaged beyond repair. 

For me the price was reasonable and worth it for the pre-upgraded parts as I don’t have the time or knowledge to do those things myself. 

I own the SSP which has only had 1 issue which was fixed after an email from the Nov team with a video. For me that was really convenient and great service. I know most wont agree but for me I’ve had great experience so far and the product has performed better than expected. 

im not a nov fan boy, i dont own any of his products but my opinion is fair play too him , i think airsoft is missing this attention to detail and the level of detail hes bringing to his products for the price is really good for us as players , ok fair enough he isnt creating anything new but is making it better then what the original product is { what im led to belive anyway} for the price , only thing i dont like is the fact its not true to the real steel varient's but this is airsoft , dont like it then dont buy it ,  i lost my Tm mk23 which was upgraded and shot like an absolute gem , the ssx23 is tempting me for the price

• Supporters

TDC hop, maple leaf rubber and 6.02mm barrel in what I'd hope is brass.  Fibre optic sights are a nice touch. The price isn't crazy even compared to an STTI with all those parts.  I'm sure that'll find a market.

Disappointed that it uses legacy 6mm BBs though. ;) 

Wtf is the point of a metal slide on a nbb?
And co2 mags, when the thing sips gas as it is?
The mk23 is the simplest gun on the planet to upgrade. You can't get it wrong, unless you try really, really hard.
And if you build your own, then when it breaks, you can fix it easily and if necessary in the field.
Or you can rely on Nov's customer service...
I quite like his SSG, as a team mate has one - sniper rifles are difficult to fettle for a lot of people.
But a barrel, rubber, nub and tdc? They're a doddle.
The only advantage I can see of this over doing it yourself is that you don't need to source the upgrade parts - and as there's high demand normally, there can be a wait for them. But, you pay a hefty premium for it.
I wouldn't have one, I'll stick with my TM and ASG.

Cam man has uploaded a good video:

The big issue is I think people dont understand what they get in the package. They all think its just got his name on it. But heres the facts:

• It comes with a Metal slide, with fibre optic sights. And pre-drilled holes for the mounting of a RIS rail.
  • The inner barrel is a 6.02mm preciosion barrel, likely Edgi. (its not 6.03 as cam man states)
  • 50 Degree ML Autobot bucking. Which is a sound choice. Ive used them, and they do perform well. Specially in my own MK23.
  • Has a TDC cover, with a metal H plate, rather than plastic.
  • The slide catch saftey has been removed to stop accidental application. 
  • The magazines have a harder gas route to aid/prevent sticky trigger issues.
  • Comes with a egg shell hard case

For the money, yes you can do it on your own for a similar price. But the ASG/STTI suppressors are barrel extension, and take FPS up 400 occasionally. And I know this as mine is a ASG! (removed and baffled now). But I think looking at the features. You can see Nov has done his research and testing. On the prototype, you can see he was using a Hadron designs TDC.
Yeah its annoying that you dont get the suppressor, It would of made more sense to have in come with the gun, and mark up the price to match.

Personally I think the people crying out that he is a nob and just trying to cheese people off need to look at the facts. See the performance in the video above.

The greatest weakness he will face is that base plates of the mags will leak. Those who own the clone guns will know for a fact this is a massive weak point. And a lot of newbies will probably struggle with fixing this issue.

Failing that feel free to spend the same money on a TM Mk23, get the suppressor but no upgrades, and a magazine that will leak if use Nurpol 2. Only to spend more money getting the upgrades that the SSX-23 already has.

Just my 2 cents.

Apologies for the potential ignorance but how exactly will this out perform an AEG? Seen as that is apparently a selling point.

28 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Apologies for the potential ignorance but how exactly will this out perform an AEG? Seen as that is apparently a selling point.

Heavy ammo

28 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

It’ll shoot further, much like a tuned MK23 (which is all it is anyway) 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Range and silence, which in the right hands can be a great combo.

The issue is, specs might be good, reviews might be good, but is the actual product people will end up getting going to live up?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

This toy will outperform an AEG toy shooting under 1.1J, or using 0.2g if you shoot 0.3j+ from this toy.

An AEG toy shooting at 1.1J, capable of hopping 0.3g+ and using it, will shoot as well or better than this toy.

It's the usual tiresome airsoft axiomatic argument that a more better toy will perform more better then a less better toy.

• Supporters
On 10/08/2019 at 12:44, Cipher-032 said:

The big issue is I think people dont understand what they get in the package. They all think its just got his name on it. But heres the facts:

• It comes with a Metal slide, with fibre optic sights. And pre-drilled holes for the mounting of a RIS rail.
  • The inner barrel is a 6.02mm preciosion barrel, likely Edgi. (its not 6.03 as cam man states)
  • 50 Degree ML Autobot bucking. Which is a sound choice. Ive used them, and they do perform well. Specially in my own MK23.
  • Has a TDC cover, with a metal H plate, rather than plastic.
  • The slide catch saftey has been removed to stop accidental application. 
  • The magazines have a harder gas route to aid/prevent sticky trigger issues.
  • Comes with a egg shell hard case

*suppressor sold separately.

I may have gone crazy, but this thing actually looks interesting!

I am considering buying one, price doesn't seem to be that high, given it comes with a few mods.

Shall I drop the money on it?

I guess you don't need rof when you have quietness :)

It's a shame it doesn't come with a suppressor by default and the can itself is rather expensive at €47

I may just buy the gun + spare mag and mill one of the spare cans I have to 16mm clockwise thread, just to save some money on the suppressor, and make my own slide rail to save another €16

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Skara said:

the can itself is rather expensive at €47

That looks like the CYMA branded one that ran me £16.88 delivered from Bullseye, plus £10 or so for whatever thread converter you'd need.

So, here's my shopping cart:

Gun €135

Extra mag €25

DTD holster €40

DTD molle attachment for the holster €13 nop, out of stock

DTD paddle thingy €8

Total is €208

2 mags are more than enough for my needs, the only thing i'd need is a suppressor, @Samurai's one looks great (it's tiny compared to the TM or Nov ones) and is really convenient at just €31 shipped (thanks Brexit for the exchange rate :P)

shall I go for it?

1 minute ago, Mojo-jono said:

Can the 2.0 green gas be used in this? ... I'm new to airsoft and just brought the SSX-23. 

Thanks in advance 

On the website you can see the recommended gas according to the temperature.

2.0 should be bog standard green gas, so I guess you're good to go!

Archived