Grazing shots

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Callum Hornsby said:

Now that is a tricky one. I’d say it’s situational if your in a engagement and a teammate hits you intentionally or not your out.

If your not actually “in” the gunfight eg it’s a bigger game and your defining a compound and your mate whips out his pistol and shoots u in the nuts id laugh and not take it.

If that makes sense.

yeah, i'm thinking mostly of the latter, where the situation allows you to know for sure that it wasn't any kind of enemy contact and they very deliberately shot you for a joke.

7 minutes ago, Musica said:

It all depends I never shoot my friends for a laugh MID game but I do shoot at them occasionally if we are defending and it's a bit dull.  If it wasn't someone I knew and it happened more than once I would tell a marshal.

You can't not take hits because you think it was a team mate trolling a hit is a hit unfortunately. 

yeah, this is purely banter between mates outside of actual firefights i'm referring to, in our case we have a penchant for shooting them in the backside with their own pistols.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

here's one as a question for the wisdom of the forums.

friendly fire when it's blatantly obvious it's a team-mate trolling you for a laugh rather than intended as part of the game.

yea or nay?

If its game on Yep it counts.

1 hour ago, Luke85 said:

I thought someone might have picked up on the satire when I posted a picture of my arm hair....never mind. Maybe my girlfriends right and I'm just awkward and weird. 

Shite patter my man.

On the topic of friendly firing your mate; do it when they're already hit if you're so inclined, removes all confusion and you're being irritating anyway so it makes no difference them already being dead.

8 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Shite patter my man.

No idea what Shite patter means, but I think I'm offended.

39 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Is this another thread that needs my trademarked 17mm gelatine filled BBs?

Isn’t this an airsoft forum where a hit is a hit and a miss is a miss?

As opposed to a paintball forum where a splat mark is a hit ?

AAE981D9-5873-4512-AC9F-B6A252FE9DDF.gif

17mm gelatine filled BBs....like a gumball gun?

Hit is a hit. A certain someone got called out because the leaves on his tree suit were getting hit and he didn't call it. If you're wearing it, its attached to you're body or even grazes you regardless of where it does its a hit. Yes sometimes people don't feel the hit (usually because they are wearing way more shit than they need) but its still a hit.

Ive lost count of the amount of n00bs that will turn up in full osprey kit and wonder why they get complaints all day because the 50000000000000000000000 layers of cordura they are wearing makes it nigh on impossible to feel anything (not to mention it looks shit).

Pet peeve of mine re earlier comments about not taking hits cos 'Duh IRL my armour/plate carrier' would have stopped it.  Obvious cheaters argument but I would also like to see a plate carrier stop a 7.62 AK round at 200m....good luck with that one.  There is this civilian perception that armour will stop a round. Most times it wont but it will hold you all together till they get you to medical aid.

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Hit is a hit. A certain someone got called out because the leaves on his tree suit were getting hit and he didn't call it. If you're wearing it, its attached to you're body or even grazes you regardless of where it does its a hit. Yes sometimes people don't feel the hit (usually because they are wearing way more shit than they need) but its still a hit.

Ive lost count of the amount of n00bs that will turn up in full osprey kit and wonder why they get complaints all day because the 50000000000000000000000 layers of cordura they are wearing makes it nigh on impossible to feel anything (not to mention it looks shit).

True airsofters wear a morph suit. High speed low drag. 

My site lets you wear what you want but if your not calling it then your playing a game of strip for the boys. 

1 minute ago, Musica said:

True airsofters wear a morph suit. High speed low drag. 

My site lets you wear what you want but if your not calling it then your playing a game of strip for the boys. 

Morph suit... a sports cup and belt rig is all thats needed for airsoft saying that gimp suits work well if you want to sweat some unwanted pounds off

9 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Morph suit... a sports cup and belt rig is all thats needed for airsoft saying that gimp suits work well if you want to sweat some unwanted pounds off

the only guy in the safe room taking clothes off instead of layering up 🤣

• Supporters

The rule of the game (and rightly so) is a hit is a hit end off .

not involving any of the other points (wound hits/kit hits/gun hits/etc/etc) just body hits .

BUT anyone who says they’ve NEVER consciously made the decision to not taken a hit is lying through there teeth !🤥

Now I’m not saying it right or ok to habitually ignore hits that’s just out and out cheating but everybody at some time or another has had one of those hits that more than likely anyone who had seen it would think it ‘just’ missed you but you know it didn’t , but you still chose to ignore it and act as if it did miss and carry on for what ever reason .

All this thread has done is bring the reality of it in to the light , and it would appear a lot don’t like the ‘guilty secret’ in the daylight ? 😉

• Supporters
On 08/08/2019 at 13:37, Luke85 said:

Well Im sorry you think that. I would like to point out that in over 4 years of airsofting I've never had any issues or complaints made against me for none hit calling. Like I've said, might seem like Im talking SHIT,but when you've hairy arms and play in t shirts most of the year, you get those shots that tickle the hairs on your arms but don't actually directly hit you more than you'd think. And yeah, most of the time I won't call a shot that's just disturbed my arm hair. Sorry if that's cheating to a lot of you but I just call it really close but no cigar.

There you go, fixed that for you 😜

Seriously, you made a thread about this, a hit is a hit, if it whizzed through the hair on your arms without changing direction then yeah, it was just close, in much the same way you can hear a bb whizz past your ear, you think "feck that was close", but you don't call a hit, you duck & run away lol.

to be fair, many of us may have experienced it without actually being aware, in the heat of "battle"😏 I'm sure most of us aren't aware of every bb that comes close, BUT I cry bullshit to anyone that says they dont recognize the familiar "thwack" of a bb on webbing or material, even if it's not impacting the skin below...........their just cheating cnuts.

And yet still people are taking this seriously 😂

2 minutes ago, Luke85 said:

And yet still people are taking this seriously 😂

Thats because you were serious then backpeddled when no one agreed with you. 😂

Just now, E21A said:

Thats because you were serious then backpeddled when no one agreed with you. 😂

OK, if you say so sweetheart 🙄

Some of you still thought I was serious after I posted pictures of my arm hair....let that sink in and lighten the fuck up

14 minutes ago, Luke85 said:

OK, if you say so sweetheart 🙄

No need to get upset hun, we’ve all made ourselves look a wally at some point 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
7 minutes ago, Luke85 said:

Some of you still thought I was serious after I posted pictures of my arm hair....let that sink in and lighten the fuck up

What you're doing is old as time, mate

image.png

Call it what you want, my shits given are minimal. Maybe taking yourself a bit too serious though if you cant spot a genuine (though innocently intended as a bit of fun) wind up.

Archived