ASP SVU

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome to the craziness that is the ASP SVU. Brought to be a DMR for Urban Assault, this gun has had a SHS mp5 nozzle fitted (so it has an o-ring), a maple leaf crazy jet nub and hop up rubber and a crazy jet inner barrel (I forget the length, but its shorter than stock, hence the non-accurate flash hider).    All original parts are available and will go with the gun, the picture of the packets are said parts, including the switch that would give this gun a full auto mode.  This was removed to lock it to semi as it fires at an fps of 400-405 on 0.2g bbs.  This can be reattached easily without opening the gearbox.  Beyond that the gun is stock, no gearbox or spring upgrades at all.

Now the elephant in the room.  I am a perfectionist when it comes to zeroing scopes, and the fact the SVU is fatter than a normal SVD and AK meant that all the side mounted kits left the scope unzeroable.  So I committed further heresy and drilled a ris rail onto the upper receiver which actually lines up fairly well.  This is easily removable, though there will now be a couple of holes in there.  The only knock on effect this has is that the bolt catch will no longer pull back, fouling on the bolts.  Though, this is only an issue when adjusting the hop up, which now can be got to by popping off the upper receiver by turning a lever.

The gearbox was put together by zeroone and tested, it does fire fine, though full disclosure, its never been the sexiest sounding gun.  On 0.33g bbs theres the occasional double feed that I never got to the bottom of.  In all, the gun likely need further fettling at a skill level I dont posses. 

So im thinking of selling it, as it will be left unloved by me, and it may help fund my upcoming wedding.... or next loadout which will be urban greys or full on 'nam

New it cost me £220, its currently £230 on gunfire (probably +£10 because the exchange rate has tanked).  Im guessing with the unorthodox scope fitting and it needing further work, about half that? 

Make/brand: ASP SVU

Any accessories included: up to 4 cyma midcaps and 1 highcap (that came with).  I could be persuaded to include the scope and the side mounted rails that I got for it but arnt pictured

Pictures:

photo_2019-08-07_19-21-09 (2).jpg

photo_2019-08-07_19-21-08.jpg

photo_2019-08-07_19-21-09.jpg

photo_2019-08-07_19-21-10.jpg

Archived