New CQB Site in Kent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

21 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

Love the suggestions. Will see what we can do ;)

Sweet.

A couple more for you.

A coke/meth lab.  Lots of nice metal equipment for cover which would make a racket getting pelted with BBs.

Just a shit load of full body mannequins dotted about.  They always give me a fright when I come across them in FPSs.  I imagine it would translate well over into real life.  Getting people to question their target identification skills.  If you can find a shop going out of business or being renovated, I imagine they could be had pretty cheap.  Would be a nice and easy one.

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Great to hear that you've thought it through!  One staircase per team sounds like a decent, simple solution.

Something more complicated might be to put a riot shield in each staircase, which can only be used in that staircase.  So once it's been used to push up, it gets left at the top, and can be grabbed by the other team and used to push back down again, rinse and repeat.

Getting airsofters to listen though... ;)

Great suggestion! We thought of this too but the hardest part is to make sure people listen like you said! 

Just now, MrWilson said:

Great suggestion! We thought of this too but the hardest part is to make sure people listen like you said! 

Attach to rail on the wall via a cable or something? 

8 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Sweet.

A couple more for you.

A coke/meth lab.  Lots of nice metal equipment for cover which would make a racket getting pelted with BBs.

Just a shit load of full body mannequins dotted about.  They always give me a fright when I come across them in FPSs.  I imagine it would translate well over into real life.  Getting people to question their target identification skills.  If you can find a shop going out of business or being renovated, I imagine they could be had pretty cheap.  Would be a nice and easy one.

Oh good one! We would ideally like abit more of a "destructible" enviroment. We will have an office floor and you can throw the desks over and have all the stationary go every where etc. But atm this is just an thought we havent really got the funds to pull it off just yet due to the costs of the building. But we'll do it eventually! 

We have loads of ideas for each floor and although atm only 9 are usable we will hopefully change the theme of floors every now and then. Keep em coming!

1 minute ago, E21A said:

Attach to rail on the wall via a cable or something? 

I dont think they would like us doing that haha I'll trust people not to steal the riot shield and marshals will be on the stair wells to enforce what rules we decide on. At the end of the day. You the players make the rules as long as its covered by insurance :)

Yeah.  Cable would be a bit of a dangerous trip hazard on stairs.

You could do some sort of wireless proximity sort of thing with a base station in the stairwell that transmits to the shield over Bluetooth.  When the shield is in range, i.e. in the stairwell, some part of it lights up to indicate it's in play and "receiving power".  Take it too far away and it's no longer in play.  Or maybe like those security devices you can fit on bags/luggage.  If they move too far away from you they let off a siren.

26 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

I dont think they would like us doing that haha I'll trust people not to steal the riot shield and marshals will be on the stair wells to enforce what rules we decide on. At the end of the day. You the players make the rules as long as its covered by insurance :)

It was more to stop people taking them out of the stair well. 

14 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yeah.  Cable would be a bit of a dangerous trip hazard on stairs.

Not if done properly, but was just an off the top of my head suggestion 

20 minutes ago, E21A said:

It was more to stop people taking them out of the stair well. 

Not if done properly, but was just an off the top of my head suggestion 

Appreciate the idea I dont think we need to worry about it at this point almost 70% of the site is empty need to figure that bit out first :D any other idea's though please suggest

4 hours ago, AJC said:

Great news! Are you still planning on getting the other 2 sites up and running? If so you're going to be very busy..!

I dont think we will put the effort into the Sheppy site as its not worth the effort compared to the new one and the Hextable school. We do plan on opening both though! Might not seem like it but we have actually got about 320 properties that we can select from. Then they need the usual checks etc. But we went for the second biggest (the first is to expensive lol)

Just now, MrWilson said:

I dont think we will put the effort into the Sheppy site as its not worth the effort compared to the new one and the Hextable school. We do plan on opening both though! Might not seem like it but we have actually got about 320 properties that we can select from. Then they need the usual checks etc. But we went for the second biggest (the first is to expensive lol)

Great. I was particularly looking forward to the Hextable site and this looks like another great place

1 minute ago, AJC said:

Great. I was particularly looking forward to the Hextable site and this looks like another great place

Hextable is an absolute beast. Its just a shame Brexit and a section 77 is holding bits up (dont ask me why, Stupid council workers!) As soon as we get word we are allowed to get in there we will be dont you worry! The new site. Not revealed yet is just as beastly although its alot more CQB as hextable had some open areas. We're recording on Thursday a reveal video should be done within a week.

We've exhuasted a massive amounts of money on both these sites now. almost 150k and we havent even played a single game. So we need the new site to open with a bang :) Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, MrWilson said:

Hextable is an absolute beast. Its just a shame Brexit and a section 77 is holding bits up (dont ask me why, Stupid council workers!) As soon as we get word we are allowed to get in there we will be dont you worry! The new site. Not revealed yet is just as beastly although its alot more CQB as hextable had some open areas. We're recording on Thursday a reveal video should be done within a week.

We've exhuasted a massive amounts of money on both these sites now. almost 150k and we havent even played a single game. So we need the new site to open with a bang :) Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you mate and hope it goes well

On 03/12/2019 at 20:27, MrWilson said:

Did I read that right? You've spent £150,000 pounds so far? 

On 03/12/2019 at 20:27, MrWilson said:

I'm sure many people from this forum are willing to play regular at the site. With the Mall closing down, a lot of us are trying to find a CQB fix. I anticipate myself and my friends will come down, I may be able to tempt @Albiscuit @Keldon @Asomodai and a few others with a lift worst case. 

Do you have a rough estimate of game prices/packages? Will you be hiring privately I.e charity events, forum meet ups etc

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

I'm sure many people from this forum are willing to play regular at the site. With the Mall closing down, a lot of us are trying to find a CQB fix. I anticipate myself and my friends will come down, I may be able to tempt @Albiscuit @Keldon @Asomodai and a few others with a lift worst case. 

Do you have a rough estimate of game prices/packages? Will you be hiring privately I.e charity events, forum meet ups etc

At minimum it will be £35 due to the sheer cost of the building. We can offer private games, event games, charity and even forum meetings as long as we get the numbers in order to cover the costs.

We got some great news today just need to get 1 more thing signed.

12 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

At minimum it will be £35 due to the sheer cost of the building. We can offer private games, event games, charity and even forum meetings as long as we get the numbers in order to cover the costs.

We got some great news today just need to get 1 more thing signed.

£35 is I think more than reasonable. Does this include lunch or is there an area/whereabouts to lunch where it's based? I believe the mall was £35/37? 

34 minutes ago, Robert James said:

£35 is I think more than reasonable. Does this include lunch or is there an area/whereabouts to lunch where it's based? I believe the mall was £35/37? 

We are looking at it in more detail later. 40 would include parking (which we pay £4.00 per car) and lunch (greggs?) It all depends on how we run the games.

We might run 3 games per day for £30 a head for 4 hours (similar to other sites) But all of this again needs to be looked at abit later as we're fighting council rates etc.

From what we gather people are happy to pay that kind of money for Bunker 51 which is tiny.

18 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

From what we gather people are happy to pay that kind of money for Bunker 51 which is tiny.

I don't know if it's a case of happy to pay, more like not really any other options in the area.  Like the price of milk at a petrol station heh.

59 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I don't know if it's a case of happy to pay, more like not really any other options in the area.  Like the price of milk at a petrol station heh.

Fair point haha. Regardless If we dont charge enough to keep the lights on so to speak we wont be able to do it.

It will be between £30-40 each but we will see :) 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MrWilson said:

We might run 3 games per day for £30 a head for 4 hours (similar to other sites) But all of this again needs to be looked at abit later as we're fighting council rates etc.

Bunker 51 has a captive audience in a very large heavily populated catchment area, & is supported by an immense public transport system.........you could literally run games there at midnight & people would have no problems attending, I doubt the same could be said of ANY towns in Kent, personally I wouldn't travel for an hour or more for just four hours of gameplay at £30, no matter how short your briefing or how fast the turnaround between games.

I realise your overheads so far have been astronomical, but your not going to recoup them with your only real selling point being "it's cqb innit".

IMHO, maybe it's just me ?

12 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Bunker 51 has a captive audience in a very large heavily populated catchment area, & is supported by an immense public transport system.........you could literally run games there at midnight & people would have no problems attending, I doubt the same could be said of ANY towns in Kent, personally I wouldn't travel for an hour or more for just four hours of gameplay at £30, no matter how short your briefing or how fast the turnaround between games.

I realise your overheads so far have been astronomical, but your not going to recoup them with your only real selling point being "it's cqb innit".

IMHO, maybe it's just me ?

Not just you. 35 quid for a full day is reasonable, 30 for 4 hours is not imo. It's the difference between going to the site regularly or just on a special occasion. 

Great feedback tbh. Like I said we're still looking into it, Appreciate peoples honesty.

Current idea that is sticking is a full game day. The 4 hour games were just an idea on the table. Whats your thoughts on Night games and Pistols and shotgun nights for 4/5 hours for £25? 

I can however confirm there is a train and bus line within 5 minutes walk that runs up until Midnight ;) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.