New CQB Site in Kent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

Anyone aware of any hospitals or blocks of flats disused in the southeast?

There plenty about. Guessing it’s still somewhere in Kent 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

12 floors, gonna be an office block, block of flats would be too pokey 

Dunno, could be made pretty unpokey with a sledge hammer. There’s not many supporting walls in blocks of flats 

11 minutes ago, E21A said:

Dunno, could be made pretty unpokey with a sledge hammer. There’s not many supporting walls in blocks of flats

I can't see it be being a long term thing though so I doubt the owners would be too happy about putting walls through, even naff partition walls.  Unless of course the building is earmarked for demolition in which case, smash away.

1 minute ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Unless of course the building is earmarked for demolition in which case, smash away.

That was my thinking, the mall was ear marked for demo from day one. Was open for about 9 years wasn’t it? 

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, E21A said:

There plenty about. Guessing it’s still somewhere in Kent 

Blocks of flats 12 story's high tend to have a fairly small footprint, think 4x2beds per floor, or 6x2beds at most, based upon the average age of blocks that may now be becoming derelict, whereas office blocks of a similar age/criteria would have a floor footprint probably at least 4-6 times those of flats, possibly bigger ?.

Sounds a bit like the "Nakatomi Tower" that zed (?) were planning about 9 years ago, located in the Midlands, but can't actually remember if it came to fruition & the site ever opened ?🤔

56 minutes ago, E21A said:

That was my thinking, the mall was ear marked for demo from day one. Was open for about 9 years wasn’t it? 

I think we got exceedingly lucky with the Mall.  Due to the nature of the site I gather there was loads of prep work and something with the drains running underneath? which delayed redevelopment works massively.  I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work to get approval to get an old, knackered office block taken down.

2 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I think we got exceedingly lucky with the Mall.  Due to the nature of the site I gather there was loads of prep work and something with the drains running underneath? which delayed redevelopment works massively.  I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work to get approval to get an old, knackered office block taken down.

As far as I can remember there was another building linked to the Friar's Walk redevelopment which was first on the chopping block - had that one been demolished according to plan, The Mall would've gone far sooner. The delay for that building was down to some classic demolition issue, Asbestos etc.

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work to get approval to get an old, knackered office block taken down.

Knocking shit down isn't the issue (unless it's listed/protected), but having something appropriate go up in its place might be, especially as residential is at a premium, but not if it's in a commercial or business district.

& paying for all aspects of demolition/rebuild isn't always cut & dried either, especially as has already been mentioned, anything more than 30 years old is probably chockablock full of asbestos & other nasty shit, all of which costs an arm & a leg to dispose of properly.

As excited as I am for another cqb site, this is the third site they are talking about opening and haven’t got the smaller ones open yet.

I will get properly excited when at least one of the sites is running and we can see some progress.

Yes I’m a bit cynical tonight but also very happy to be proven wrong and for all three to open, be successful and blow me away with their awesomeness :D  

5 hours ago, E21A said:

Gotta be a hospital or block of flats 

5 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

Anyone aware of any hospitals or blocks of flats disused in the southeast?

5 hours ago, Tackle said:

12 floors, gonna be an office block, block of flats would be too pokey 

before I get too excited, without giving anything away, can I ask an approximate location, town or district ?

Haha gotta hand it to you lot for attempting. We will start advertising before December ;) Its privatly owened and was an office block. Downside for us they want alot more then we would normally go for and ticket prices might creep to 40 per game and 30 for a night game. At this time I wont say any more about the building or location until they sign any type of agreement of use and the exclusivity deal for airsoft :)

26 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

As excited as I am for another cqb site, this is the third site they are talking about opening and haven’t got the smaller ones open yet.

I will get properly excited when at least one of the sites is running and we can see some progress.

Yes I’m a bit cynical tonight but also very happy to be proven wrong and for all three to open, be successful and blow me away with their awesomeness :D  

I even agree with you. We had a signed contract with KCC for the two schools and they pulled out due to a section 77 change of use application and that wont change till the new year... I'd be sceptical too which is why we arnt going to pre sell any tickets until we have concrete dates :)

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I can't see it be being a long term thing though so I doubt the owners would be too happy about putting walls through, even naff partition walls.  Unless of course the building is earmarked for demolition in which case, smash away.

From the initial reports we've been told its due to be knocked down by 2030 for flats.

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I live near there 😮

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Blocks of flats 12 story's high tend to have a fairly small footprint, think 4x2beds per floor, or 6x2beds at most, based upon the average age of blocks that may now be becoming derelict, whereas office blocks of a similar age/criteria would have a floor footprint probably at least 4-6 times those of flats, possibly bigger ?.

Sounds a bit like the "Nakatomi Tower" that zed (?) were planning about 9 years ago, located in the Midlands, but can't actually remember if it came to fruition & the site ever opened ?🤔

I can confirm its 90,000 square feet or around abouts that.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MrWilson said:

I hope you lot like stairs :D 

Shit, I forgot about stairs, maybe I'll have at least one new knee by the time this opens ?🤞

14 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

drive past there quite often, been waiting for them to turn it into flats for years. I think the lack of parking is putting them off. 

10 hours ago, MrWilson said:

I hope you lot like stairs :D 

It’ll be some good cardio I suppose. 😂

Before someone beats me to it :D

Airsoft site usage confirmed, Signed agreed all that jazz. We're going in this Thursday throughout till Tuesday to outfit the site. Games will be bookable once the site is ready.

We'll be annoucning the site, its location and all its glory via Airsoft Nation (not totally agreed) either end of this week or next.

20 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

Before someone beats me to it :D

Airsoft site usage confirmed, Signed agreed all that jazz. We're going in this Thursday throughout till Tuesday to outfit the site. Games will be bookable once the site is ready.

We'll be annoucning the site, its location and all its glory via Airsoft Nation (not totally agreed) either end of this week or next.

wouldn’t happen to be near a small local airport by any chance would it? Only place I can think is 4 miles from maidstone and a mile from the M2. 

5 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

wouldn’t happen to be near a small local airport by any chance would it? Only place I can think is 4 miles from maidstone and a mile from the M2. 

Nice try. try bigger :D

• Supporters

How many staircases?  Got plans to stop them getting choked?

I ask because it can become an issue at the Depot even with 5 staircases in play over 2 floors.  It only takes a couple of defenders per staircase to lock them down pretty effectively.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I ask because it can become an issue at the Depot even with 5 staircases in play over 2 floors.  It only takes a couple of defenders per staircase to lock them down pretty effectively.

that’s a very good point actually

Can some of the floors be themed?  A jungle floor for instance would be pretty cool.  Dim lights, loads of artificial ferns/plants etc.  Like something from an overgrown city a la I am Legend, The Last of Us etc

John Wick club type neon floor.  Loads of pink and blue fluorescent lighting, music etc

Hospital themed floor.

Creepy floor with loads of occult markings, fake blood on the walls, bloody drag stains on the floor, alters, rituals etc.  Like something out of Doom.

Supermarket floor.

Prison floor.

Containment floor.  Think Labs level from Escape from Tarkov.  Decontamination tents, PVC linking tunnels, temporary lab type setups etc

And yes, I'll take free membership as payment for my helpful suggestions 😄

14 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Can some of the floors be themed?  A jungle floor for instance would be pretty cool.  Dim lights, loads of artificial ferns/plants etc.  Like something from an overgrown city a la I am Legend, The Last of Us etc

John Wick club type neon floor.  Loads of pink and blue fluorescent lighting, music etc

Hospital themed floor.

Creepy floor with loads of occult markings, fake blood on the walls, bloody drag stains on the floor, alters, rituals etc.  Like something out of Doom.

Supermarket floor.

Prison floor.

Containment floor.  Think Labs level from Escape from Tarkov.  Decontamination tents, PVC linking tunnels, temporary lab type setups etc

And yes, I'll take free membership as payment for my helpful suggestions 😄

Love the suggestions. Will see what we can do ;)

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

There are two main stair cases. and 5 elevators. The other stair cases are linked to a AFA (Automatic fire alarm) We are trying to see if we can disable this but might not be able to due to its classification as a "high rise"

We've talked this over alot infact as we know this will be a serious problem in gameplay. We will just need to see how it unfolds in gameplay but some of the ideas are to have 1 stair case per team and your not allowed to go in the other teams. We might block the stair wells going up to certain floors forcing players to go through the building. Or just take the elevator 😜 

Any suggestions would not fall on deaf ears!

• Supporters

Great to hear that you've thought it through!  One staircase per team sounds like a decent, simple solution.

Something more complicated might be to put a riot shield in each staircase, which can only be used in that staircase.  So once it's been used to push up, it gets left at the top, and can be grabbed by the other team and used to push back down again, rinse and repeat.

Getting airsofters to listen though... ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.