New CQB Site in Kent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Glad to see everyone is still keen,

I'll update you all here with a bit more info then facebook

We've negotiated a time frame which is November 11th however! This could easily go past that as they have asked for more money. Thankfully not to much however we are re-negotiating the price and as soon as that has been accepted we will be in. This is for Hextable! Sheppey site will be available now at the same time as Sheppey..

16 hours ago, MrWilson said:

We've negotiated a time frame which is November 11th however! This could easily go past that as they have asked for more money. Thankfully not to much however we are re-negotiating the price and as soon as that has been accepted we will be in. This is for Hextable! Sheppey site will be available now at the same time as Sheppey..

There is a big lack of CQB, especially in the south East since The Mall closed its doors, Zed said they were trying their hardest to find and reopen another CQB site but nothing has materialised yet so we are all keen for some room clearance!!

16 hours ago, MrWilson said:

Push it to December the 1st....... I dont want to miss out :P

I will post it here first... in Short. Hextable wont happen until January. This is all because of a section 77 that is unique to schools. So we have changed tactic and are going for a few hospitals we have had made available to us in the Kent area (Dartford / gravesend and Maidstone). Everyone is now getting a refund and we will open up bookings when we got a confirmed date.

Hi everyone, thanks for being patient.

Unfortunately the landowners of Hextable school have put a delay on our contract until January next year.

We feel that we owe you an explanation as you’ve all been understanding and patient with us, and we’re able to share the reasons for the long delays now.

‘Section 77’ is how Councils dispose of old schools, making them available for other uses.  The Brexit saga peaked just as the Hextable schools S77 was submitted to the Government, causing the long delays and unpredictable waiting times we’ve been experiencing.

The Land Owners have apologised to us, and if permitted we will share the body of text with you to be as transparent as we can.

We will also be contacting everyone with an existing reservation via the email address you provided with further information.

While we wait for the Hextable site and keep chasing it (it's still happening), we’re actively pursuing other great indoor sites such as old hospitals in the Kent region, and we’re in talks with the LandOwners to start using them (these other sites don’t have the Section 77 issue as it only applies to old schools)

18 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

I will post it here first... in Short. Hextable wont happen until January.

Gutted for you mate, especially considering how much time and money you’ve invested so far. Is sheppey in a similar situation? 

Just now, DopeYourScope said:

Gutted for you mate, especially considering how much time and money you’ve invested so far. Is sheppey in a similar situation? 

Its okay. Like we said its not... not going to happen its just a long process. We're nearly 15,000 in the hole but we should recop that when we finally get the site.

The good news is the section 77 holds are only for school sites. It wont apply to the warehouses & hospitals we are looking at. First one being this Tuesday. But with time scales now things wont happen to the new year..

32 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Well @Asomodai will definitely make it to the first game now then. 

Being the selfish bugger I am, I am dead happy :P. But I feel sorry for the organisers :(

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I've just been refunded so I assume the handbrake is firmly on now then. Damn it!

Glad there’s a lot open honest dialogue about the site. 

I know your posting on here etc, but in all honesty there was no way I was going to pay for a ticket to a site that was uncertain of opening. I’m glad I didn’t, but I’m glad Dave got his refund and you guys are as genuine as your coming across.

Cant wait to play, and happy to miss the first few game if I don’t prebook etc due to my cynicism and be proved wrong by a cracking site!!

• 3 weeks later...

Appreciate it @Albiscuit The pre-orders were only opened when we got a contract written up after a few weeks they didn't sign it. It didnt feel right holding peoples money over the Christmas period.

We haven't given up we've been really busy working on something big. Biggest in the UK infact. 12 floors big. We've just been given a yes to use the site and given the floor plans but now on the negotiating table to work out ££££. 

1 minute ago, hitmanNo2 said:

12 floors?  Intriguing.  There can't be many properties like that around.  Basement and sub basement?

Its a multi level carpark with american killhouse style wooden paneling thoughout...

Jeeezz that would be awful mind! 

1 minute ago, hitmanNo2 said:

12 floors?  Intriguing.  There can't be many properties like that around.  Basement and sub basement?

Neg all above ground, I wont say more as I don't want to into to much detail incase it doesnt happen..

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

Its a multi level carpark with american killhouse style wooden paneling thoughout...

Jeeezz that would be awful mind! 

Nope not a car park :D 

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

Appreciate it @Albiscuit The pre-orders were only opened when we got a contract written up after a few weeks they didn't sign it. It didnt feel right holding peoples money over the Christmas period.

We haven't given up we've been really busy working on something big. Biggest in the UK infact. 12 floors big. We've just been given a yes to use the site and given the floor plans but now on the negotiating table to work out ££££. 

12 floors, gonna be an office block, block of flats would be too pokey 

before I get too excited, without giving anything away, can I ask an approximate location, town or district ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.