New CQB Site in Kent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Not in tracers there isn't, can get Geoffs when in stock but can't think of any others.

Longbow

A lot of the team Im in are not put off due to Bio bb's.

And full auto in a CQB is asking for issues. 

Obviously feel free to try it out. But I'd say Full auto out doors, but not inside.

Is the Bio BB only rule due to the site has requested it or a rule you have put in place?

Looks very promising, cant wait to give it a go.

Cant see any issues with the rules really, other than full auto indoors is a bit unecessary really. Like everyone else has said, auto outdoors and semi indoors seems like a sensible and non-complicated way of doing it. 

Bios only, fine, bios have come a long way since I started 10 years ago and they were shite back then. Theres plenty of decent bio options now.

< 0.32 only? Fine, again no real reason to be using anything higher than that in CQB either. No you dont need .4s in your sidearm :P 

4 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

A lot of the team Im in are not put off due to Bio bb's.

And full auto in a CQB is asking for issues. 

Obviously feel free to try it out. But I'd say Full auto out doors, but not inside.

Is the Bio BB only rule due to the site has requested it or a rule you have put in place?

The bio bb was just added for... i dont know why haha

Full auto outdoors and semi indoors - agree on that

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, MrWilson said:

The bio bb was just added for... i dont know why haha

Full auto outdoors and semi indoors - agree on that

How about these rules

Age: 13+, under 18s must wear full face and have waiver signed by guardian.

BBs: Any weight and any type is allowed

Eyepro: Mesh is allowed but the site has the right to refuse any eyepro it deems unsafe for use on the day. Spare hire masks available on site.

Fire rules: Semi Auto indoors, full auto outdoors

Full auto kept to short bursts.

BFGs: Must stay below waist height and same level use only. No blind releasing. Any player deemed to be using them in an unsafe manner will be asked to put it away for the remainder of the day.

Smoke grenades: Outdoor use only.

No bang rules.

Behaviour: Blind firing or riot shielding is an instant ban. 

No cheat calling.

I'll come along!

3 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Couldnt agree more with @ImTriggerHappy

If all guns are limited to 350FPS, why limit the weight? You cant 100% police that rule either I would of thought.

Joule creep? Especially with gas guns.

just chrono with what ever the weight in the gun and measure in joules. Some say you don't need above what ever weight in cqb and that is true but I have some not particularly power full guns with fixed hops that need heavier weights to fly right. Also some with hops that are hard to set or finicky which I don't want to fiddle with non of which go over the joule limit. 

5 minutes ago, heroshark said:

just chrono with what ever the weight in the gun and measure in joules. Some say you don't need above what ever weight in cqb and that is true but I have some not particularly power full guns with fixed hops that need heavier weights to fly right. Also some with hops that are hard to set or finicky which I don't want to fiddle with non of which go over the joule limit. 

Agree...Maybe a good time for a new site to embrace measuring in joules

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, heroshark said:

i'll add to this- instead of constantly changing the chrono settings, print out a strip of paper with the proper fps reading for each weight of ammo and tape it on, then just check that the gun is under that.

of course you'll still get the straight up liars "oh i'm running .2's mate" but cheaters gonna cheat regardless of how you do it so you might aswell force them to lie and follow up with a straight up ban if anyone gets caught in a spot check.

16 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'll add to this- instead of constantly changing the chrono settings, print out a strip of paper with the proper fps reading for each weight of ammo and tape it on, then just check that the gun is under that.

of course you'll still get the straight up liars "oh i'm running .2's mate" but cheaters gonna cheat regardless of how you do it so you might aswell force them to lie and follow up with a straight up ban if anyone gets caught in a spot check.

You can always have a very accurate weighing scale next to the chrono. Never seen it done and is probably a bit of a faff though. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

You can always have a very accurate weighing scale next to the chrono. Never seen it done and is probably a bit of a faff though. 

true, although you're right it is a faff, done it a few times when i wasnt sure what weight i'd left in the speedloader.

i do think a dragons den idea would be to figure out a chrono method that's independant of ammo weight, they used to use pendulums back in the day where you could work out the velocity of a bullet by shooting it and seeing how far it swung, given we care about energy and not velocity it could work, although not sure how accurate it would be.

• Supporters

Would be better just to chrono on site bbs but use 0.3 or 0.32 as they are in the middle ground of weight so joule creep is less of an issue.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

true, although you're right it is a faff, done it a few times when i wasnt sure what weight i'd left in the speedloader.

i do think a dragons den idea would be to figure out a chrono method that's independant of ammo weight, they used to use pendulums back in the day where you could work out the velocity of a bullet by shooting it and seeing how far it swung, given we care about energy and not velocity it could work, although not sure how accurate it would be.

Chrono needs to be as simple and as fast as possible.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Chrono needs to be as simple and as fast as possible.

Yeah, i'm thinking if set up right it would be a simple pass/fail mark on the pendulum based on site joule limit, shoot it from a fixed point and if it swings higher than that it's a fail.

No asking ammo weights or popping ammo into folks mags, just rock up and shoot with whatever you brought.

But like i say the issue is how accurate such a device would be.

I’m excited for this site. Booked on already in hope it’ll land when I can go

As you stated it’ll be tactical hostage rescue missions will there be riot shields game mode / allowed? 

I’m not a user but would be fun to try or make a setup with a riot shield.

I personally don’t see a problem as you can flank riot shielders, throw a grenade which counts as a kill or make a rule that riot shield cannot be bigger than a certain measurement so it helps but not over powered

Yeah, As Grantcollins said. Please check our Facebook page. Its very difficult now to update every area.

We're trying our hardest ;) 

On 13/08/2019 at 16:48, Kix said:

I’m excited for this site. Booked on already in hope it’ll land when I can go

As you stated it’ll be tactical hostage rescue missions will there be riot shields game mode / allowed? 

I’m not a user but would be fun to try or make a setup with a riot shield.

I personally don’t see a problem as you can flank riot shielders, throw a grenade which counts as a kill or make a rule that riot shield cannot be bigger than a certain measurement so it helps but not over powered

Thanks for your booking. If you can't make the first game we'll refund you or you can move your ticket to a day you can do.. Up to you! We'll try and get the first game dates out later next week! We've got alot to do between then so fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

No idea how I missed this thread!! 

@Robert James you know I’m down for CQB!! 

Will read the thread properly later and check out website and travel distance etc!! 

Will try try to book on the first date available. Totally happy to tag along when you boys go too, @L3wisD might be up for this too?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.