Just for fun, where would you organise a game

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The ship is the former MV Horsa now Penelope A if you want to track it. A group called Sealink Historic Ferries is seeking to purchase it (not sure if they have yet) and restore it, with UCAP presumably using it meanwhile.

http://ucap.co.uk/ucap-airsoft-venues/coming-soon-ucap-vanquish/?fbclid=IwAR2tqx32RjOb1LjZYQZ9h1y8DrYRftTBg_rm2X2xOqk6XOiZRTe5jltehrs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/08/2019 at 10:04, Luke85 said:

Slow Tuesday morning at work, soooooo, just for fun, if you could have a game day anywhere, where would you like to play. Personally I think a theme park would make an awesome location, especially a place like Alton Towers. A huge game day where each hour the objective changes and both teams have to make their way across the park as quickly as possible and secure different locations and hold them from the other team. Moving from rides, to the castle, areas in the garden etc, would be epic. Whilst I'm writing this too does anyone remember the Camelot theme park. Last time I drove past (some time ago) that was all abandoned and over grown, just imagine if an airsoft company bought the grounds...I mean its nice to dream 

Cam Man Did a day a few years ago at Pleasure Island, Cleethorpes

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Deserted town of Pripyat, Ukraine, near Chernobyl.

As a side note, I have a mate who lives out there and has license to take people around the area (he's an ecologist), but it might not stretch to airsoft skirmishes 😉

One for my bucket list.

spacer.png

pripyat looks cool but I could probably do without coming away with a "healthy glow" lol, I'd go with a similar location without the rads, famagusta in Cyprus, ghost town in the zone between North & South, literally instantly abandoned mid tourist season in '74 when the Turks invaded.

Ghost Town Famagusta - Picture of Ghost Town Famagusta ___.jpg

“Occupied Territories”_ What About Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet ___.jpg

Knew Pripyat would get a mention somewhere. 

• Supporters

Save fannying around with links’n’shit here ya go !

3FD13BE6-0E5B-46E8-8016-C2474623F638.jpeg

Portsmouth is a long way from Yorkshire, but this could be well worth the trip.

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

pripyat looks cool but I could probably do without coming away with a "healthy glow" lol, I'd go with a similar location without the rads, famagusta in Cyprus, ghost town in the zone between North & South, literally instantly abandoned mid tourist season in '74 when the Turks invaded.

Ghost Town Famagusta - Picture of Ghost Town Famagusta ___.jpg

“Occupied Territories”_ What About Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet ___.jpg

My wife is Turkish Cypriot and because her uncle is in the police we can get free day passes there!

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

My wife is Turkish Cypriot and because her uncle is in the police we can get free day passes there!

You're probably about to become the most popular member of this forum!! 🤣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

lets do this, afuk shoot everyone?

• Supporters

Cyprus, my favourite place, home of ice cold Keo lager.

you sort a game out there & I'll be there, I'll even dig out all of the bullpups 😉

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

you sort a game out there & I'll be there, I'll even dig out all of the bullpups 😉

good thinking, lets bribe him with bullpups, i'll bring the f2000

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

good thinking, lets bribe him with bullpups, i'll bring the f2000

yep, ill dig out the f2010, the tavor, the UAR & the pdr-c.

in fact, make it a bullpup only event, @Asomodai will cream his jockeys 😜

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

yep, ill dig out the f2010, the tavor, the UAR & the pdr-c.

in fact, make it a bullpup only event, @Asomodai will cream his jockeys 😜

this sounds like a plan, there's at least a uar and a ksg in our squad too

24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Cyprus, my favourite place, home of ice cold Keo lager.

Unfortunately the Turkish police would take a dim view of realist looking replicas. I asked my wife, it's a non starter :-(.

Next AFUK meet should be bullpup only 😛

8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Want to buy a type 97 for it?

Depends... I am in the market for one :)

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Might have one coming up, if it happens will service it and give you first shout.

Sounds good. I have been eyeing up a new one on the continent, I just cant justify the £440 for it at the moment. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Sounds good. I have been eyeing up a new one on the continent, I just cant justify the £440 for it at the moment. 

This is one I sold before and now the buyer apparently needs to thin his collection (skint).

They are good and have been my favourite for a long time.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Unfortunately the Turkish police would take a dim view of realist looking replicas. I asked my wife, it's a non starter :-(.

Next AFUK meet should be bullpup only 😛

lol, I'm just pulling yer plonker, I know the only way we're getting in to the zone is if we turned up in a highly convincing U.N. loadout, but I can dream can't I 😍.

yeah be good to have afuk meet/game with a theme, at least one side with bullpups & particular camo/black, ideally at a legendary site for another private game, or even a weekender ?.

might be a plan for the spring ?

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Tackle said:

yeah be good to have afuk meet/game with a theme, at least one side with bullpups & particular camo/black, ideally at a legendary site for another private game, or even a weekender ?.

If we can find a site basically central for everyone from around the country I think it could be a go’er of an idea ! 👍

Me personally I’d love to put faces to names , and to see if the bulk of the regulars really are as bad a bunch of social f**kups as I think we are ! 🤫🤪

• 3 weeks later...

Would be up for meeting. I would not confirm to uniform/loadouts, but softer here; also given the team/passion thread....😅

Theatre is key for dream locations right? My thoughts would be abandoned hospital, half built/complete housing estate-can\mid range heaven...

more sites/ideas to follow

• Supporters
On 08/08/2019 at 18:02, Druid799 said:

If we can find a site basically central for everyone from around the country I think it could be a go’er of an idea ! 👍

Me personally I’d love to put faces to names , and to see if the bulk of the regulars really are as bad a bunch of social f**kups as I think we are ! 🤫🤪

On 07/08/2019 at 23:58, Tackle said:

lol, I'm just pulling yer plonker, I know the only way we're getting in to the zone is if we turned up in a highly convincing U.N. loadout, but I can dream can't I 😍.

I can start looking around for something if you want?

What you thinking the midlands somewhere?

Archived