Just for fun, where would you organise a game

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Slow Tuesday morning at work, soooooo, just for fun, if you could have a game day anywhere, where would you like to play. Personally I think a theme park would make an awesome location, especially a place like Alton Towers. A huge game day where each hour the objective changes and both teams have to make their way across the park as quickly as possible and secure different locations and hold them from the other team. Moving from rides, to the castle, areas in the garden etc, would be epic. Whilst I'm writing this too does anyone remember the Camelot theme park. Last time I drove past (some time ago) that was all abandoned and over grown, just imagine if an airsoft company bought the grounds...I mean its nice to dream 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I'm thinking Dover castle, including the ww2 tunnel network, be an awesome site plus its not far from me, winner winner chicken dinner 😁

• Supporters

i guess it's a case of how big do we want to think.

within the realms of viability there's plenty of places i see that i think "ooh that would make a good site".

few years back we had a couple of events based at an old TA barracks, it was all overgrown and absolutely fantastic, a real chernobyl feel (well, minus the radiation).

there's also a few abandoned buildings, including an old hospital that could make for interesting games, although granted the place is probably a bit too decrepit to be safe to use.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

AWE Aldermaston

Porton Down

de_dust2

Grand Central station, NYC

Any suitable idyllic UK village

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Easy - Nakatomi Plaza

Everyone with M9's, Augs and MP5s. 

Damn, I think you just won

Caspian Border from Battlefield 4.

I love the fire-red autumn colours, I wish they could re-re-master it with a more lush landscape.

There is a sweet spot between dense jungle/no visibility and open plains.

Just off Edinburgh is an island (Cramond Island) 

Accessible  twice a day by a causeway (tidal)

This was an old WW2 gun emplacement , infact there are a few islands in the River Forth , but would need boats to access

This place would be AMAZING! , google it  😉 

7 minutes ago, MikeMarden said:

Alcatraz seems like an ideal place for a shoot!

Sounds like something from a 90s action movie 😏

• Supporters

yup your right , this has won close it down and switch the lights off this discussion is done ! 

6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Easy - Nakatomi Plaza

Everyone with M9's, Augs and MP5s. 

BUT if we’re still playing ? 

Any Silicon Valley ‘type’ compound , they’ve all got offices , outdoor wooded areas , warehouse space and lots and lots of corridors . 

An old cruise liner .  

A cruise liner crossed my mind too, would make for an awesome venue...especially if it was actually out at sea.

This - just down the road from me.

Would make an awesome CQB location.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Luke85 said:

A cruise liner crossed my mind too, would make for an awesome venue...especially if it was actually out at sea.

Did hear a rumor from a trustworthy and reliable source that a certain site organizer who’s well known for ‘unusual venues’ to run games at was well advanced on getting hold of an old cross channel ferry (won’t be at sea though just moored in the docks!) for a couple of yrs to run games on before it gets scrapped ! 😍

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Did hear a rumor from a trustworthy and reliable source that a certain site organizer who’s well known for ‘unusual venues’ to run games at was well advanced on getting hold of an old cross channel ferry (won’t be at sea though just moored in the docks!) for a couple of yrs to run games on before it gets scrapped ! 😍

Well known that UCAP is getting this. On it's way from Cyprus. 

• Supporters
Just now, Asomodai said:

Well known that UCAP is getting this. On it's way from Cyprus. 

Was told a good few mths ago and wasn’t too sure how public it was hence being a bit ‘cagey’ over details .👍

This sounds pretty juicy. An details on where it will be docked? 

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

On it's way from Cyprus. 

54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Was told a good few mths ago

Is it being rowed here? ;)

If we know what it's called, or what's towing it, we can track it here: https://www.marinetraffic.com/

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Luke85 said:

This sounds pretty juicy. An details on where it will be docked? 

Portsmouth.

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Was told a good few mths ago and wasn’t too sure how public it was hence being a bit ‘cagey’ over details .👍

Saw this as a news piece a while ago then didn't hear anything else. Stoked it is till happening. Will definitely make it down for this

Archived