Do LCT AKs Take Real Parts?

_Piz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if LCT AKs can take real AK parts? I was planning on buying a LCT AIMS and converting it to a MPi-KMS-72 for my East German Loadout.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, E21A said:

Which parts do you mean? 

Handgaurd, Pistol grip, Butt-stock,Top Cover, Back sights, Compensator, ect.

Flash hider, foregrip, stock, & rear sight should fit with some modification. Pistol grip will require an ares or lct slim line motor, again with some modification. Real top covers are too short for the airsoft reciever. 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tssr/mpi-km-72-conversion-guide-pic-heavy-t959.html

• 2 months later...

8 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Some RS muzzle devices (flash hiders, iirc) come under firearms certificates. Be careful what you import ;)

Not strictly true, under UK law it tends to be the gas bearing parts of a firearm that are restricted not the furniture.  So things like gas blocks and bolts/bolt faces.  The exception to this is strangely enough deactivated firearms.  You can import a bipod from a Bren for instance but you aren't allowed to modify a deac to be an airsoft gun.  Very strange.

On 05/08/2019 at 17:13, _Piz said:

I was wondering if LCT AKs can take real AK parts? I was planning on buying a LCT AIMS and converting it to a MPi-KMS-72 for my East German Loadout.

Thanks!

Firstly, try this guide http://www.operationeastwind.com/forum/index.php?topic=2707.0

Secondly, get yourself registered on the WARPAC Cold War Airsoft FB page.  I am the Admin on there and semi organise the WARPAC side of things for attendance at the Guman Filmsim Cold War games - which are excellent.  Any q's ask.

3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not strictly true, under UK law it tends to be the gas bearing parts of a firearm that are restricted not the furniture.  So things like gas blocks and bolts/bolt faces.  The exception to this is strangely enough deactivated firearms.  You can import a bipod from a Bren for instance but you aren't allowed to modify a deac to be an airsoft gun.  Very strange.

Firstly, try this guide http://www.operationeastwind.com/forum/index.php?topic=2707.0

Secondly, get yourself registered on the WARPAC Cold War Airsoft FB page.  I am the Admin on there and semi organise the WARPAC side of things for attendance at the Guman Filmsim Cold War games - which are excellent.  Any q's ask.

I agree except flash hiders are actually restricted where compensators and thread protectors are not . I've found it's down to the wording on the paperwork usually . AKs don't generally have flash hiders so no issues there anyway as most are compensators or muzzle breaks 

Archived