Upgrading vfc Avalon calibur cqc

Andy2113
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys looking for some advice im still quite new to Airsoft and I’m looking to upgrade my calibur cqc . what upgrades should I do ? I’ve been told some of the parts are quite good and don’t need upgrading but I’m looking to get a better rate of fire  I have a good budget to spend. Any advice will be helpful thanks ! 

596F0088-0CD0-4888-B7CE-44FFC2A45F76.jpeg

1 hour ago, Andy2113 said:

7.4 v LIPO buddy 

For a cheap and modest ROF upgrade, get a 9.9v LiFe battery. This gives you a boost to ROF without needing to install a mosfet. Converting from Tamiya connectors to Deans will help imperceptibly as well. 

If you want to boost your ROF to hair trigger style then the gearbox would need to be opened up, either short stroke the gears or install a set of 13:1 gears combined with a high torque motor, mosfet and 11.1v lipo. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

For a cheap and modest ROF upgrade, get a 9.9v LiFe battery. This gives you a boost to ROF without needing to install a mosfet. Converting from Tamiya connectors to Deans will help imperceptibly as well. 

If you want to boost your ROF to hair triffer style then the gearbox would need to be opened up, either short stroke the gears or install a set of 13:1 gears combined with a high torque motor, mosfet and 11.1v lipo. 

Ok matey that’s great thanks for the info 👍🏻

It comes with a mosfet as standard but only a simple one to prevent it short stroking (correct me if that's the wrong terminology @Asomodai - was going for when the trigger isn't fully pulled and it locks up)

If you're looking to do anything other than ROF like increasing range and accuracy I'm going to be putting a prometheus barrel and purple bucking and nub in my Avalon Saber Carbine so would recommend those for you too 😃

3 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

It comes with a mosfet as standard but only a simple one to prevent it short stroking (correct me if that's the wrong terminology @Asomodai - was going for when the trigger isn't fully pulled and it locks up)

If you're looking to do anything other than ROF like increasing range and accuracy I'm going to be putting a prometheus barrel and purple bucking and nub in my Avalon Saber Carbine so would recommend those for you too 😃

Lock up is fine. So its an AAB Mosfet in theory, though I tend to think they actually encourage locking up on semi if you have a crap trigger technique like mine. 

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

Lock up is fine. So its an AAB Mosfet in theory, though I tend to think they actually encourage locking up on semi if you have a crap trigger technique like mine. 

Come to think of it, short stroking is definitely something else!

So far, I haven't had any lock ups or any other technical difficulties with my Avalon and it's just over a year that I've had it now so I reckon it's just down to you 😉

21 minutes ago, Andy2113 said:

Cheers for the advice guys what you guys think to dsg? 

Pointless, not reliable and not easy to do. Maybe if you have a few other rifles and dont mind sacrificing this one. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Pointless, not reliable and not easy to do. Maybe if you have a few other rifles and dont mind sacrificing this one. 

I took it to my local where I play cqb and I paid about £300 in parts  if I’m wrong about anything I apologise but I got new gears , metal piston , new spring , new high torque motor, hair pin trigger  some other bits I had no idea what they where lol and a gate Titan version 2 advanced . The gun tech is fitting it this week or latest next and he’s making it dsg and it’s £100 labour so £400 all in   . Did I make a mistake ? It’s what he recommended

13 hours ago, Andy2113 said:

I took it to my local where I play cqb and I paid about £300 in parts  if I’m wrong about anything I apologise but I got new gears , metal piston , new spring , new high torque motor, hair pin trigger  some other bits I had no idea what they where lol and a gate Titan version 2 advanced . The gun tech is fitting it this week or latest next and he’s making it dsg and it’s £100 labour so £400 all in   . Did I make a mistake ? It’s what he recommended

If the tech is any good then hopefully it will be fine, I assumed you were going to do it yourself. I would suggest a backup rifle though if you haven't already got one. The faster something goes, especially a DSG the far quicker it burns out. It basically makes parts that shouldn't break, turn into regular replacements! 

PS: You will get stick for the stupid high rate of fire though. I cant stand playing against DSG auto players. 

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

If the tech is any good then hopefully it will be fine, I assumed you were going to do it yourself. I would suggest a backup rifle though if you haven't already got one. The faster something goes, especially a DSG the far quicker it burns out. It basically makes parts that shouldn't break, turn into regular replacements! 

PS: You will get stick for the stupid high rate of fire though. I cant stand playing against DSG auto players. 

Yeah I have a back up rifle , and the tech is pretty good I’ve been told . I’m not a trigger spammer so won’t be going crazy on full auto think I’m going to get it set to burst thanks for the advice pal 👍🏻

Archived