Newbie from Hull.

Shaun
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening guys, I’ve just joined the forum today and spent most of the day reading around the forum. Great forum and information for a Any new players who haven’t played before👍🏻

I’m based in Hull and my closest site is Humber airsoft so over next 6-8 weeks going to buy the basic clothes and protection then get my self booked on for my first session. Is there any players around my area who wouldn’t mind me tagging along with them on the day to help me settle in.

look forward to meeting players. 

Thsnks. Shaun. 

Welcome to the forum Shaun, you just missed me yesterday, would have been happy to show you the ropes. Unfortunately I can’t go again for the next several weeks due to holiday and work commitments.

The Marshall team is a good lot, and don’t worry too much about kit to start with, jeans and shirt are fine.

You will need boots with ankle support, and you will need gloves, there’s a big patch of prickly bush that you will be going through on a regular basis on some games.

They have a bring & buy sale on the 25th, the last one had a small selection of bits n bobs but I did see some decent eye pro for sale, several masks, couple of i4’s at a good price. 

Otherwise just get yourself down there and enjoy it! Add to the kit as you go and get an idea what you like.

Hi Steve thanks for the reply and advice. I have been looking around at cheap kit and found some decent stuff to get started with. Might just concentrate on head and eye protection and boots and gloves if I can get away with some jeans and shirt/hoodie. 

7 weeks ish might work good for me to tag along with yourself as I’m busy with work etc for a little while. Closer to the time when your next going let me know if you don’t mind and can arrange to meet you there or something. 

Thanks. 

Yeah, no problem fella, will let you know. There’s a good mix of guys with all the proper kit and some with just regular clothing. Do invest in good eye pro from the off, can’t stress that enough.

Thanks Steve. Sounds like I will enjoy my first visit then. You got any recommendations for eye protection, I have been looking for like a full face mask type but haven’t found anything that seems decent yet. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Archived