UKARA qualifying skirmish tomorrow.

Stevo4345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I’ve been counting right tomorrow  I will be able to apply for UKARA membership.

As much as I would like to dash out and blow the holiday fund on a new TM I’m going to go steady and figure out what direction I want to go into.

Some of you guys have amazing collections, but given my circumstances I’m going to have to be happy with a select couple of rifles, so I need to be sure what I want to do before taking the plunge.

A TM 416 one of the guys had last week had me drooling onto my chinstrap, as did the Type 89. Just so much choice out there, though I plan to stick with AEG for now.

Looking forward to getting something in black though!

It’s burning a hole in my wallet right now, my only saving grace is that I still have to wait for the e-mail from UKARA which I must say it is an excellent ‘cool off’ tool even if unintended!

The chap with the 416D was there again today, he must have been wondering why it was always me reviving him, just followed him about listening and watching it shoot!

Cool off period over, Ukara e-mail received, must resist changing the holiday euros into airsoft tokens!

Have you been scanning the internet looking at all the options. The 416D TM you were looking at, was it a recoil series? Happy to offer input on them as have a SCAR L recoil. I'll be the first to recommend them, but they are by no means the only option out there as I'm sure your well aware. And when it comes down to purely the performance, you can get the same without spending close to TM recoil money. 

Cheers Luke, am sorely tempted by the TM aura, though am well aware for the same money i could get an LMG for loadsa pewpew and s couple of cheap 'ratters'. Not rushing it though? will see how it pans out. But those NGRS, the sound of them, the functionality, its very tempting.

What kind of bb throw weight can you expect with a stock NGRS? 0.3's, 0.28's? If i went down the TM route it would be staying stock bar a lipo mod.

I put .28s through mine, both before and after upgrading it. Only thing is with .28s shots do seem just a little on the slow side with TMs 290fps limit, hence why I opted to upgrade it. The accuracy and range was brilliant, just shots with anything over .20s seemed a little slow. 

On 04/08/2019 at 16:30, Rogerborg said:

Maxed out the credit card yet? ;)

Credit card? I sold one of my kidneys!

It was worth it though.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Just the one?  Didn't go for a Systema then?

I wanted a GBLS but the Mrs would have told me off for selling our first born child.

Well, short of spending the hard earned holiday money on a TM AEG, risking the wrath of wife, I picked a safer route and bought my first RIF from a fellow forum member, will be gettingy hands on a Krytac LMG-E shortly.

In my defense i could argue a good deal, and can safely say my health and wellbeing survived the purchase confession! 

I am however interested in kidney values right now, though after 10 days on hols in sunny Mallorca I think mine will fall in the 'used and abused' catagory and not be worth so much!

Archived