JG Bar10 cylinder in a Cyma cm701

Win Dage
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,as you know I bought a complete my Bar10 cylinder assembly few days ago.Its a good quality cylinder and I thought it would just be a straight drop in swap for my crimped end Cyma cylinder assembly,but,on fitting it theres a slamfire problem that I could only fix by using the Cyma piston,spring,etc inside the JG cylinder.Now don't get me wrong as it's a nice silky smooth docking action and I am quite happy with it,but, I can't understand why the JG internals didn't want to work correctly.The only difference I can see is that the Cyma piston is a slightly different dimension at the rear as apposed to the JG piston.The tech of it all is still newish to me but I would like to try and understand where and why there was a problem,appreciate any advice as I still have a long road ahead of me in the upgrades department,thanks in advance๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Guest Yukarin

Different tolerances for different guns, even if they are following the TM VSR spec, should be fine when you start adding aftermarket triggers and pistons, providing you do the correct research.

Bit of a problem,bought an Action pro spring guide but it doesn't catch the Sears with my standard piston.Am I correct in assuming that I will need an Action pro piston and trigger box now?๐Ÿ˜—

Cancel that.lol,problem sorted,beginning to get a grip on the tech now.edit I will just verify that the complete jgbar10 cylinder and it's internals are a straight drop in swap for the Cyma 701,quieter too as the JG has an air brake piston.Useful to know as the JG cylinder has a stronger construction at its rear end.๐Ÿ˜Ž

Archived