Gate Aster new Titan killer??

Callum Hornsby
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just been looking on the gate website and saw they have released a new product going by the name “ASTER” looking through the specs it looks just as good if not better than the Titan.

The best bit? The unit costs £65.

anyone got any hands on experience with these yet? Would be interesting too see how they square up to the titans and btc spectres out there.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Callum Hornsby said:

Just been looking on the gate website and saw they have released a new product going by the name “ASTER” looking through the specs it looks just as good if not better than the Titan.

The best bit? The unit costs £65.

anyone got any hands on experience with these yet? Would be interesting too see how they square up to the titans and btc spectres out there.

Yeah because Gate are really going to release an on par or better unit for less money than their top of range extremely popular fast selling mosfet..........🙄

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah because Gate are really going to release an on par or better unit for less money than their top of range extremely popular fast selling mosfet..........🙄

Well this is from gates website itself.

20F5BF7C-8C98-4E28-8581-B46D8D555070.jpeg

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Callum Hornsby said:

Well this is from gates website itself.

20F5BF7C-8C98-4E28-8581-B46D8D555070.jpeg

Yeah I know all that and other than reverse battery protection which is fairly pointless what is better?

The Aster is a cheaper mosfet for a reason and it isn't that much cheaper as your £65 is for the basic where the Titan can be got for £76 for the basic.

20 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah I know all that and other than reverse battery protection which is fairly pointless what is better?

The Aster is a cheaper mosfet for a reason and it isn't that much cheaper as your £65 is for the basic where the Titan can be got for £76 for the basic.

I’m no expert nor do I have any experience with any of these systems hence why I made the thread, I couldn’t see personally any reason why the Titan would be more appealing due to the aster having an improved trigger sensor, Better compatibility with different gearbox designs and a cheaper price. Yes it does lack some of the ultra fine adjustment that the Titan has but that’s about it. The aster seems to have all the same features and extra just slightly less adjustability.

12 minutes ago, Callum Hornsby said:

I’m no expert nor do I have any experience with any of these systems hence why I made the thread, I couldn’t see personally any reason why the Titan would be more appealing due to the aster having an improved trigger sensor, Better compatibility with different gearbox designs and a cheaper price. Yes it does lack some of the ultra fine adjustment that the Titan has but that’s about it. The aster seems to have all the same features and extra just slightly less adjustability.

Think you need to re-read the table you posted

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Callum Hornsby said:

The updated trigger sensor will be next to nothing as the Titans is basically perfect.

Yes the Aster is an easier fit to some gearboxes but even the most awkward which is the ICS split only takes a few minutes to modify.

Everything else about the Titan is superior and there is a lot more than just fine adjustment involved. Do you actually understand what all the stuff on that table means?

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Everything else about the Titan is superior and there is a lot more than just fine adjustment involved.

You’d still recommend the Titan over any other device then? Seems like I might have fallen for the marketing hype around the new products.

8 minutes ago, E21A said:

Think you need to re-read the table you posted

To me it seems a lot of the things the Titan has an advantage on isn’t very useful I’ve never seen anyone use anything more than an 11.1 nor have I seen anyone who would actually want over 50rps for a skirmish gun. That being said I don’t really know much about pre-cocking which the titan seems to have an improved system over the aster.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Callum Hornsby said:

You’d still recommend the Titan over any other device then? Seems like I might have fallen for the marketing hype around the new products.

To me it seems a lot of the things the Titan has an advantage on isn’t very useful I’ve never seen anyone use anything more than an 11.1 nor have I seen anyone who would actually want over 50rps for a skirmish gun. That being said I don’t really know much about pre-cocking which the titan seems to have an improved system over the aster.

Better precocking and the fact it counts gear teeth not just single cycle are two major points.

Battery and 50 rps vs a 100 rps you are correct on as I only know one person who runs higher than an 11.1v and yeah 50 plus in aeg is basically just always one trigger pull away from eating its own gearbox.

Gate like giving people options which is a good thing but for the sake of a small price difference and a slightly easier install the Aster doesn't really seem worth it to me personally.

12 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Gate like giving people options which is a good thing but for the sake of a small price difference and a slightly easier install the Aster doesn't really seem worth it to me personally.

Looks like I’ll be getting a couple titans then 😂

Put it this way, I used to think people were insane to buy gate titans. Stupid amount of money for tech you don’t need. My trigger unit wore out in one of my guns and I had the cash so thought, sod it i’ll get one and see what the fuss is about. 

Im a solid convert now, brilliant things! I still maintain that if budget is an issue then the money is better spent elsewhere, but if you can afford it, go for it. It won’t be a decision you regret. 

Archived