DHL/UKMail - Bunch of useless *&^£%£$%

Smooth_Operator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently dealing with ongoing hassle with DHL/UKMail over an AEG that was sent to me that they've 'lost'.

Most frustratingly it's not something that'll be easily replaced, as no one else in the UK currently has one for sale...

The saga so far:

1. Parcel was shipped on Friday last week for next-day Saturday Delivery.
  2. Text comes through from UKMail saying that it will be delivered on MONDAY.
  3. I contact seller, who checks their system and reprints the label - definitely marked SATURDAY.
  4. 2nd text from UKMail - my parcel will be delivered on TUESDAY.
  5. Seller contacts UKMail, who confirm that my delivery depot is closed on a Saturday and that next-day deliveries to my postcode aren't possible (only 48 hour).
  6. On Monday I get a text from UKMail - my shipment has been delayed, expect delivery on WEDNESDAY (today).
  7. Yesterday, I speak to depot manager at my local depot - he checks their system and is puzzled that it hasn't had a departure scan from collection depot in Basildon - figures it's still there, but will phone me if it arrives in the morning as expected.
  8. Today, I speak to depot manager at my local delivery depot. He says it hasn't turned up on the trunk lorry this morning (as I expected)
  9. Today, seller contacts UKMail - parcel still shows on their system as at the collection depot in Basildon.
  10. I contact UKMail who say that they'll search the Basildon depot tonight to see if it has been 'lost' there.

I don't hold much hope of it ever turning up. Either they've genuinely lost it, or some thieving toerag has pinched it.

Throughout this, the seller has been absolutely brilliant - can't fault them at all.

UKMail/DHL however... 🙄

• Supporters

damn man, hopefully it still shows up.

tbh given the amount of mail that gets shipped all over these days i'm amazed more stuff doesn't go missing, of course that's no consolation when you're on the recieiving end.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

course that's no consolation when you're on the recieiving end.

Or NOT on the receiving end in my case 😂

31 minutes ago, Huxley said:

Well that really sucks.

Fingers crossed for you, does sound like some scum has pinched it, what do you expect with what they pay.

I'm hoping against hope that it is found tonight with half the label missing or something. At least then it'll get either returned to the shop or sent to me...

• Supporters

Thing that really boils my piss with these sort of situations is the way these courier companies get all defensive and act as if there doing us a favour by carrying our parcels for us when we ‘dare’ to ask “what the f**k have you done with my parcel ? “ so yes useless twats springs to mind ! 🤬

20 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Is UKMail a subsidiary of someone else? Not seen anyone use UKMail in a few years (and I am a buying whore). Only person who I used to get stuff from with UKMail was the odd bill coming through.

They were bought out by DHL (part of Deutsche Post) a couple of years ago. 

Anything you receive from DHL Parcel UK has likely got to you using old UKMail infrastructure. 

1 minute ago, Smooth_Operator said:

They were bought out by DHL (part of Deutsche Post) a couple of years ago. 

Anything you receive from DHL Parcel UK has likely got to you using old UKMail infrastructure. 

Ah... that explains the shit-ness of you're parcel being lost then, If I could go the rest of my life not having to deal with DHL I'd die a happy man.

On that note... If anyone spots a brand new in box G&P M16A1 for sale somewhere around Essex (private sale) please let me know...

I'm currently mulling over whether it's worth contacting the local police station to see if they've had any reports of theft from the depot. 

• Supporters

I feel for you, but would commend this alternative strategy:

1) Wait until the indicated delivery date.

2) Initiate a chargeback process against the seller.

3) Don't give it another thought.

It's their problem, not yours.

That said, I hope that it is a unicorn "lost" parcel that does actually get found again.

Update:

The depot say the parcel definitely isn't in their bays.

Customer services are now getting access to their CCTV to see what happened to it.

Watch this space! 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Not a good sign.  If it's someone there that has pinched it, I cant see them doing it on CCTV unless they're really dim.

Most criminals are thick, lazy opportunists.  The problem isn't catching them, it's with deterring them once they find out what a soft touch the courts are.

• Moderators

all you need, no matter what you have ordered....

keep us updated.....

hopefully you'll get it :) 

4 minutes ago, djben9 said:

all you need, no matter what you have ordered....

keep us updated.....

hopefully you'll get it :) 

Thanks boss. 

I'm waiting for a call back from the Operations Manager of DHL UK - this should be interesting...

20 minutes ago, Huxley said:

Any updates?

Slow progress. 

DHL phoned today to say that the seller should now start the claims process. 

The depot were very reluctant to check the CCTV (seems suspicious to me), but when they eventually did they said that they couldn't see a parcel of that description going out. 

There's no exit scan from the depot, so all we have is the depot manager's word that there's no sign of it. He maintains that it went out on the trunk lorry to the distribution hub, but has no evidence to back this up. 

On 02/08/2019 at 11:19, Smooth_Operator said:

Thanks boss. 

I'm waiting for a call back from the Operations Manager of DHL UK - this should be interesting...

Bloody hell........

Escalate this any further and you will get a call from HRH The Queen any minute now 😮👍

15 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Bloody hell........

Escalate this any further and you will get a call from HRH The Queen any minute now 😮👍

She might have the required clout to get to the bottom of this!

I believe my use of the word "theft" and suggestion that I get the local police involved put the wind up them... 

• Supporters

It's a grey area as to who actually owns the goods while they are in transit (if they are actually in transit, it could be a box of rocks for all you and DHL know, even if you have a tracking number).

I mean, you've paid for them, but your contract is with the seller, their contract is with the courier, and it's them that gets refunded, not you.

This isn't an excuse, it's a piss poor situation that I'd like to see rectified so that buyers / recipients have standing to take action against couriers.

15 hours ago, Smooth_Operator said:

Slow progress. 

DHL phoned today to say that the seller should now start the claims process. 

The depot were very reluctant to check the CCTV (seems suspicious to me), but when they eventually did they said that they couldn't see a parcel of that description going out. 

There's no exit scan from the depot, so all we have is the depot manager's word that there's no sign of it. He maintains that it went out on the trunk lorry to the distribution hub, but has no evidence to back this up. 

To be fair to them the CCTV has nothing to do with you.  It’s for them and potentially the police as evidence.

Not seeing “a parcel of that description” going out is not conclusive.   Thousands of parcels go in and out of depots daily. Is it really that distinguishable amongst many boxes?

It will take time, but your point of call is the sender.  But they can do nothing but agree on how long to wait and when to refund you 

The sender has a claim against DHL. They have lost the package

If they have sent it properly then they have the insurance cover to get a refund of postage costs and compensation for the lost item.

Ive been through it with lost & very late packages as both sender and recipient.  It all takes time

You may be eligible to claim via a 3rd party payment process, if so get the process initiated ASAP.  That does not go against the sender (other than the money being taken back off them) and doing so means they get back payment processing fees etc, it’s better to give a refund according to the proper processes, and it also documents correspondence 

DHL are right to refer back for the sender to initiate the claims process, you can refer back to  the time in the interim period that you ‘know’ that it is missing and that DHL have not been able to trace it, but it’s up to the sender if they refund you now or they wait until they get their compensation.  Your only method of forcing that any quicker if they want to wait is via your payment processing .... which will also take time if you have not already initiated it

8 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

To be fair to them the CCTV has nothing to do with you.  It’s for them and potentially the police as evidence.

I agree with that - but it has a lot to do with their own Customer Services department (who requested it), as it's one of their methods of tracking lost items. 

The seller has been good as gold and is sending my replacement AEG out today. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Smooth_Operator said:

The seller has been good as gold and is sending my replacement AEG out today. 

By DHL ? 😳

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived