Is this guy for real?

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Check this guy out. Seriously who argues that you're better off with less range because you're saving a couple quid? I really hope he's taking the piss.

Screenshot_20190729_125916_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Supporters

it is some people's attitude.

i can sort of see the logic in a ww2 russian "no retreat" kind of way, but sadly for them it's precisely these kind of tactics give me something to shoot at.

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Some people are in it just to spray box mags of .2g downrange.  We're all having fun, right?

I get that but is it really any cheaper than buying decent BBs and picking your shots? I get 3 bottles of 3000 .28s for about £30 and use maybe half a bottle for a full game day. I probably spend less than someone dumping .2s everywhere

Some people just play “differently”

I enjoy playing with my aeg, going out for a few games and carrying 5 midcaps

i can be out for an hour or so and get a satisfactory amount of hits

Some folk just want to spray bb’s everywhere

its a stupid game we are all playing , whatever gets you off 😂

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I get that but is it really any cheaper than buying decent BBs and picking your shots? I get 3 bottles of 3000 .28s for about £30 and use maybe half a bottle for a full game day. I probably spend less than someone dumping .2s everywhere

depends on your play style, for sure the argument that the range/accuracy advantage of good quality heavy ammo can make up for the offset in cost if you play right.

that said, with more range comes more opportunities.

.2's for sure have their place, in support guns or a cqb environment where range is not in any way critical, and if people want to use them outdoors that's fine too, as long as when they get hit by ammo of any weight they call it.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I probably spend less than someone dumping .2s everywhere

But they can't hear you over the sound of their electric drum Firehawk and their own laughter.

Wouldn't it be dull if we all played the same way?

43 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

But they can't hear you over the sound of their electric drum Firehawk and their own laughter.

Wouldn't it be dull if we all played the same way?

True. Gives me someone to outrange

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I wouldn't sweat it, to be honest.  As Dog says, all different styles of play are good for the game

indeed, someone on your team who likes rushing in and getting all close and personal draws the enemy out for us to shoot at.

To be honest as a support gunner I often use .2 s and overhop it a bit. thing is I just need to suppress and area and when you are using 10k bbs a game it really does save me a fair bit of money. 

See if he'd said any of this I wouldn't have laughed at him but his only argument is saving a couple of quid per bottle it just seems short sighted

2 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Had run ins for lack of a better term with that guy on fb before. He’s either an extremely good troll or genuinely an idiot and/or prick 😂. I wouldn’t sweat it.

It had occurred to me but he's so convincingly stupid 😂

I vary my BB weight a lot as at our site distances vary with each game (Airborne Airsoft at Longmoor, Liss, fun site, smaller distances and lots of shorter games)

For CQB village, 0.25's are my go to, not to expensive and faster than heavier rounds so they get less time to dodge back. run a SRC G36c (modded) for that. 450 round mag and we tend to run 30 min each way games so 1 mag normally just covers it

Smaller woodland games with 50m range max, again SRC G36C running 0.25's. But I carry 0.4 in my side arm (SRC B92 or SSP1 depending on day), same for the larger village

We have one unique game on a steep hillside, with a landing craft attack from base to a rapier missile base at top with trenched defenders. That I mix it up. For defence I plug a 2000 round drum mag on the G26, extend the tripod and run it as a SMG on full auto, I run 0.2's for that cos easy to get through 2000 round in 30 mins, its just suppression fire down the hill so range and accuracy are not the issue, its just plastic in air!

On the attack I will use my SSG24 with 0.4 (optimum energy weight with M140 spring to meet site limit at 0.2) and snipe the defenders from a safe spot. max distance is around 70m so the SSG24 is very effective while I can hide in Landing craft. Or else I will use the G36C, with 0.3 to give me a bot more range and accuracy up the hill

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Aengus said:

Smh at anyone not recycling bbs from the floor in cqb 😤

I saw someone scooping up random BBs from the booth tables in the shooting range at the Depot weekend before last.  I just... urgh.

1. Get interested in Airsoft

2. Spend 3 months as a member of a site to get my defence for purchasing a RIF

3. Spend hour upon hour researching what is the best RIF within my budget

4. Blow 100s of pounds on brand new, shiny fantastic RIF that you are immensely proud of and is obviously the best rifle in the world.

5. Anally keep afore mentioned rife clean and immaculate.

6. Finally scoop up a load of damaged and dirty BBs off the floor and feed them through your pride a joy then complain about crap it fires and that xxxxxx manufacturer is shit and no one ever again should buy them.

......joking for anyone who does this and takes offence😎

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I saw someone scooping up random BBs from the booth tables in the shooting range at the Depot weekend before last.  I just... urgh.

Should've gave them a few beer tokens donation towards a bottle of 0.2s 😔

• Supporters

To be fair(ish), it was to feed into their pistol mag on the spot, and they were all likely to have been 0.2 or 0.25g and unshot.

Still, crustier than a burnt pie.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

It had occurred to me but he's so convincingly stupid 😂

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

In defence of recycling i often reuse the spent ammo that accumulates in me chronotube

But that's just for the 40mm shower shells- them bad boys laugh at poor quality ammo.

Archived