School me on batteries

ziontrain
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need some new batteries for my CA MP5 - I bought one a year or so ago but I think my crappy charger might've borked it.

so, I need batteries and a charger - is there any point in going for a LiPo or should I stick to the old-school stuff? I am looking to pick up another AEG in the future (probably a G&G M4 or ARP9) if that makes a difference?

Treat well Lipos are superior to NiMH and have a longer life span with more reliability.

Don't go cheap on the charger if you can, I highly recommend chargers by Sky RC https://www.modelsport.co.uk/skyrc-s60-ac-charger-60w-6a/rc-car-products/395139

I have one that has double charging so it can balance 2 Lipos at once - and it can also storage charge the batteries for long periods of down time.

Honestly the simple plug in chargers with a red/green light on them will crap on your Lipos after a short time and aren't safe.

Archived