Pistol bought but hasng shown up

Tiswas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi im wondering can i get some advice, i bought a pistol and the gent sent it through parcelforce 24 as i needed it for a game after being scammed in a trade with someone, the pistol was due to be delivered on the 4th of this month, it still hasnt arrived, ive asked the person involved he may need to think about refunding or replacinh said pistol, but he wont do either, wants to wait until pf find the item, he says he dosent want to end up with no pistol and no money for it, but thats how ive ended up; any advice on how to procede would be helpful, 

Open a paypal dispute. 

Also sending a RIF through PF 24 is not allowed. Its stated in their T&C's. Its only allowed using PF 48. So it could have easily been seized. 

As has been mentioned, it could have been seized - but if it has, that's down to the sender for how they sent it, not you.
Hopefully you paid by PP goods and services - If you did, as others have said, open a dispute.

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that you've now lost out twice.

Understand clearly that how (or even if) the seller sent it is their responsibility, and it is not your problem.

They entered a contract to deliver it to you.  They have not done so, and it is unreasonable for them to delay refunding you this long.

If ParcelFarce have seized/destroyed/lost/stolen it, that's between them and the seller.  Don't enter into any discussion with them about that.

So as above, raise a dispute with your payment provider, speak only to them, and cross your fingers.  I really hope that you didn't just send it via PayPal without any sort of invoice.

For future reference, always get a clear, unambiguous contract for delivery from the seller.  I ask sellers to produce a PayPal invoice listing the goods, delivery method and total cost: this also flushes out lazy twunts who just say "delivery and fees extra"  - make them work out the total that they want you to pay.

If the seller baulks at providing an invoice, shenanigans are likely afoot and you should look elsewhere.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/email-invoice

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Did you ask for the 24hr delivery ? If yes then I’d say you also must bare responsibility if the gun has been seized/destroyed and so should equally share the financial burden of its loss if this was the case .

He shouldn’t have sent it 24hr but equally you shouldn’t have asked for it that way ?

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Did you ask for the 24hr delivery ? If yes then I’d say you also must bare responsibility if the gun has been seized/destroyed

<but-why.gif>

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Did you ask for the 24hr delivery ? If yes then I’d say you also must bare responsibility if the gun has been seized/destroyed and so should equally share the financial burden of its loss if this was the case .

He shouldn’t have sent it 24hr but equally you shouldn’t have asked for it that way ?

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

<but-why.gif>

If the buyer has asked the sender to use a specific method and it is inappropriate then some responsibility is taken on by the recipient 

But the ultimate responsibility lies with the sender - there could be an offence committed by using an inappropriate method (eg air cylinder going through air mail)

If you want to use something different then both parties have some responsibility in making sure there is the awareness on restrictions

• Supporters

Not saying all his fault “so ya boo sucks to you !” Was just that if it was the case this had happened then he should bare SOME responsibility as well and not 100% on the seller .

• Supporters

before anyone gets blamed, probably best to establish where it is etc, may be just a case of parcelfarce fucking up & "misplacing" it, wont be the first time 😉

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tommikka said:

If the buyer has asked the sender to use a specific method and it is inappropriate then some responsibility is taken on by the recipient

<but...

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Was just that if it was the case this had happened then he should bare SOME responsibility as well and not 100% on the seller .

...-why.gif>

Are you citing statute law, case law, or pub law?

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Non of the above I’m citing one of the rarest laws these days (and getting rarer by the day) the Law of common sense and fair play .

32 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<but...

...-why.gif>

It cannot really be contract law if due to the Carriage of Goods legislation that ParcelForce 48 is suitable and for example Parcel Force 24 is used but is unsuitable.  If the 'contract' between sender & recipient 'required' an unsuitable method then it would not be legally enforceable.

But in reasonableness (the man on the Clapham omnibus) if the buyer wants a specific method to be used then they are taking on some responsibility.

The contract with the carrier is (normally) made by the sender, and the sender (as customer of the courier) is liable for making sure an appropriate method is used and that items sent are within the legal & policy permissible items.

Advice for distance selling & buying is to use proper payment methods (e.g. PayPal with fees) and proper carriage methods (e.g. insured, with tracking/signature/compliant with restricted & prohibited lists)

But people keep deviating to save pennies and then wonder why things don't get resolved

• 3 months later...

Wait...isn't this the same guy who's been outed and banned as a notorious scammer!?

Do we think he actually got scammed himself or the above is just a ruse?

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Wait...isn't this the same guy who's been outed and banned as a notorious scammer!?

Reading through it, I'm confused too, would be great to think the scammer got scammed lol, but more likely he started the thread to somehow add substance to the fact he did receive it but is now denying it ?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Last post before yours was August...

Blokes a known scammer, leave it at that.

• L3wisD locked this topic

Archived