Tokyo Marui MWS Trade query/valuation

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: Tokyo Marui MWS M4A1

Any accessories included: 

• 6 x additional magazines (+ 1 included with the game making 7 in total)
  • PTS Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle (fitted)
  • Madbull Knights Armament Company 556 QDC Suppressor & Flash Hider (fitted)
  • HOGUE AR-15 Overmolded Beavertail Rubber Pistol Grip (fitted)
  • SixG SUPER NUB for Marui GBBR (not fitted)
  • Modify GBB Accurate Tan Hop Up Bucking (not fitted)
  • HOGUE Contoured AR-15 Contoured Trigger Guard (not fitted)

Pictures: 

Can be provided but just a general query for now.

I just wanted to run a quick query by the members of this board, I'm giving consideration to trading my MWS for a Marui NGRS. As such I wanted some feedback on reasonable potential expectations for a trade (such as included magazine numbers etc etc). I realise that most people will state this but I'll throw it in anyway, my MWS has been thoroughly maintained according to the guidance within the MWS thread on this board and maintenance has been performed after each game day without fail.

Any thoughts or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. To be clear this is purely tentative at present and by no means a given.

edit: As an additional, would anyone be able to give guidance on a resale price for the above? As this may prove a better direction for a variety of reasons.

Many thanks.

• Supporters

The MWS holds its value a lot more. Are you sure you want to go through with this swap?

If it was my money and gun I’d be expecting a lot in return for an MWS, and I would be extremely picky about what I was to accept. I’d either want a completely standard NGRS with bags of accessories, and money my way, or a heavily upgraded, by a reputable tech with evidence. 

Mag wise, I’d expect the same number of mid caps as you have for offer here. 

@Prisce - At the moment it's just something I'm considering.

As for it being a swap, this is why I posted my query regarding it's value in relation to the NGRS platform but your feedback has been very insightful to be honest. I'm always a bit conflicted on the upgrade side of things but I completely agree with your assessment that it has to come from a reputable tech with supporting documentation and evidence. Admittedly I'd be of a higher inclination just to get a stock one and seek upgrades myself, that way I know the work is done to my specification and as such it's definitely interesting to hear your mention of potential money involvement which could contribute to such custom work.

Thank you for your feedback on this one, it's greatly appreciated and it gives some more food for thought.

Depends what level of NGRS performance you are looking for, if stock then Recoils can be had for £3-400, but modified upto and over a £1000 is easy done, BUT they are the ultimate airsoft firepower machines, for range, accuracy, rate of fire, reliability and ammo capacity they are very hard to beat. A proper master of all games.

On the flipside the MWS can easily match and exceed the range and accuracy of a Recoil for far less outlay - but at the expense of rate of fire and ammo capacity. Depends on your play!

@Prisce - Updated my original post a bit, to save you reading it's in relation to a direct price.

@Davegolf - Thank you for the response, to be honest your post reads as more of a comparison for a prospective buyer as opposed to my original question but thank you nonetheless. On a side note I hope you're keeping well, the L85 you put together for me is still kicking arse!

That's cool I was trying to give an indication of NGRS values, your MWS I would say should be upto and around £600 especially with 7 mags!

You could sell the MWS with 4 mags for less, and sell the remaining mags individually, you may sell it easier this way.

MWS mags are not cheap as I'm sure you're aware, whereas NGRS mags are only £23 each.

Thankyou always nice to hear gun builds are being enjoyed!

• Supporters

Depends on what your hoping to achieve, quick sale or most money. Quick sale sell it all for about £600. Most money, sell the stock gun for about £540 (with 4 mags) and sell the accessories individually, should get you most money but may take a while to sell it all.

Luckily for you, you have proof in the MWS thread that you know what your doing when it comes to these guns, and hopefully will have detailed pictures, will definitely ease a potential buyers mind when coming to pull the figurative trigger. 

Good luck mate.

Archived