Most compact gearbox for an smg build

HuttArmouries
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently working on an airsoft version of the gun below. Im trying to find a decent gearbox to put in it. Looking at some of the more compact ones like l85s and p90s but I need to find dimensions for them. What are the most compact types of gearboxes which might fit in this. 

1583610962_1280px--_2_-__02.thumb.jpg.1b79debcadb82f314e8cafc8f07dc744.jpg

8 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

NPO's veserk aeg apparently uses an aep gearbox from a cm030...

Yeah. Using an aep gearbox is kind of a last resort as I play woodland and want to use it as a primary or at least a sniper backup. right now the g&g style l85 gearbox is the most likely candidate. Just getting measurements of someone.

• Supporters

If you want i can measure up the f2000's box, its a v6 so basically the same layout as a p90.

I suspect it wont be ideal though as it's quite tall

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If you want i can measure up the f2000's box, its a v6 so basically the same layout as a p90.

I suspect it wont be ideal though as it's quite tall

Thanks but ive ruled out v6 gearboxes in the meantime. they are the right length but 2cm too tall. Im waiting on someone to measure an l85 gearbox for me.

I'm waiting for VFC to start selling replacement internals and gearboxes for the MP7 AEG so I can start making my own externals for them.

Archived