Bringing sniper rifle from Czech to england

ItsNotSpaghetti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, I'm traviling to the czech Republic and I'm planning to buy a sniper rifle there. I then want to bring it back into the UK. I know it cant be hand luggage but, when brining it back would I need to declare it and or put on the rifle bag stating that it is an airsoft gun? Thanks

If you're buying from Anareus they will ship anything for free that is over 200 euros EU wide. 

Yeah but I'm buying it from a store inside. Then on the 19th of August come back to England and bring the gun with me

44 minutes ago, ItsNotSpaghetti said:

Yeah but I'm buying it from a store inside. Then on the 19th of August come back to England and bring the gun with me

It would be easier to just to have it shipped over for free then dealing with the airline and having to pay more for baggage. Any particular reason you dont want to ship?

I'd advise you contact the airline and confirm in writing that they are willing to carry a RIF. Then I would contact border force with details of your flight. But it would be easier and far less risky to have it posted. 

https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=102 - border force guidance which may be of use.

Hope this helps.

It's been sorted out by customs. I've decided not to do it as it is too much hassle. My dad has the ukara and I asked customs if I would be able to bring it on board and they said no. And besides I have found a different sniper in the UK which I'm going to get. Thanks for all of your replys

Archived