Ares Kriss Vector/ coyote G2 help

Ohfekjr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

I have an Ares Kriss vector also known as the coyote G2,

I have managed to short out the trigger board, i was told the mosfet was shorted,

Does anybody know where I can get a new trigger board for this gun, if not does anybody know how I convert it into a single shot AEG so I can still use it in CQC,

thank you 

Ryan 

Attached is a picture of the trigger board 

IMG-20190517-WA0000.jpeg

Duno much about them and that trigger board looks more complex than anything I've seen but it might be possible to use an off-the-shelf MOSFET?

Hopefully a tech can help you out.

Hmm looks very proprietary. I suggest taking it to an electronics whizz to look at. Failing that I would contact ARES direct. They are pretty responsive. 

Hey guys, 

I did take the board to an electronics guy to test the components who said they were all fine, then I took it back to the shop where I bought it and they sent it to an airsoft gun repair guy who told me that I have shorted the mosfet, and the part is hard to find but with some electronics trickery it can be converted into a single shot AEG.

I dont know if a standard mosfet will work, the circuit board has hall sensors on which are used for the fire select (single, 2 shot burst and full auto) and also the cycle timing of the gearbox.

Iv emailed many suppliers for help with no joy, if emailed Ares the maker of the gun but they deny all knowledge of it and claim they didnt produce it (which is a lie)

Thanks guys 

I don't think the Coyote is made by Ares as they got sued by KRISS to cease production.  I think its 'Coyote Airsoft'

You'll have to do some digging to find their contact details and see if they can provide a spare board.

Failing that, try and find a tech who can replace it with an available MOSFET.

Ahh is that true? I was lead to believe Ares made all these vectors before they got the licence for it and was supposed to destroy them when they didn't get the licence, but instead they sold them in unmarked boxes to distributors, I will deffinatly look up coyote airsoft and ask them.

Thank you I didn't know that 

I thought Ares was the OEM, Coyote being the "brand". How close the brand is to Ares is anyones guess. 

That may be the case, all I know for certain is this gun is very difficult to to find spare parts for, and that it was very expensive which is the only reason its not gone in the scrap bin.

Looking at these 2 pictures can figure out the mosfet?  

IMG-20190510-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20190517-WA0000.jpeg

20190529_130156.jpg

I may be wrong but I believe the magazines are NOT compatible so either Ares changed the design or they were made by another company.

If Ares are the OEM then you should try and get one of their trigger boards.

Maybe someone with an Ares can send a pic to compare....

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I still havnt had any luck sourcing this part, I believe iv made it worse tbh, when the battery is plugged in the gun is stuck in full auto so I believe a new circuit board is needed, if anyone comes across one I'd be grateful if you could contact me, thank you all 

• Supporters

No help to you bud and I do really feel sorry for your predicament BUT just adds fuel to my own idea that if a gun has one in it then that’s that but if it hasn’t got a mosfet then I don’t add one . 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, looks like the gun is going to be used as an ornament from now on, the board is unrepairable, I sent it to another electronic repair company who have once again told me the board is destroyed.

Could anyone with any knowledge of airsoft electronics guide me to replacing the circuit board with a standard mosfet trigger board? 

Would this be possible?

Can u get programmable ones with adjustable cycle timers built in or does this sort of thing not exist?

There must be a way to add something in that only needs a gear box, a battery, a gearbox and a motor, I have all these components just not a control board.

Iv had a chat withbairsoft technicians who have said it's not possible because of the way the gearing is made up but fee like this was just to fob me off.

Anyone any ideas they could share?

Thank you all 

Landwarrior airsoft sell lots of Krytac spares, you might be able to fit a Krytac Vector board in there, or look on Kaiguys site and see if anybody in Japan/Taiwan is selling genuine area spares

• 3 weeks later...

I have FINALLY managed to source a new circuit board for this gun, thank you all for your replys and help 

8 minutes ago, Ohfekjr said:

I have FINALLY managed to source a new circuit board for this gun, thank you all for your replys and help 

Nice one, where did you find it in the end?

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2019 at 20:36, rocketdogbert said:

Nice one, where did you find it in the end?

I messaged Ares again for the third time but his time instead of calling it a cayote G2 or an Ares vector I called it a G2 AEG which is what they sold it as.

They sent my request to an airsoft shop in Hong King called Tactical Airsoft they sent me an invoice and after they recieved payment they sent out the part which works perfectly, it only took a week to get to me and it only cost me 33 pounds which I was shocked about as I've spent more than that trying to get the broken one repaired.

1 hour ago, Ohfekjr said:

I messaged Ares again for the third time but his time instead of calling it a cayote G2 or an Ares vector I called it a G2 AEG which is what they sold it as.

They sent my request to an airsoft shop in Hong King called Tactical Airsoft they sent me an invoice and after they recieved payment they sent out the part which works perfectly, it only took a week to get to me and it only cost me 33 pounds which I was shocked about as I've spent more than that trying to get the broken one repaired.

That is a result, well done

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,
@Ohfekjr I have read the thread about the whole issue. Nevertheless I wolud like to ask is it worth? I mean looking for magazines, spare parts? Casue I am really into Vector, but won't pay the Krytac's price. Is this gun durable? Is it easy to seal gaps between piston and HU unit? Also I would like to ask about the battery? Can I fit in there 11.1 LiPo? Also could you please link up the shop with spare parts? Thanks for answering.

Dr.Papaya

Archived