Sodastream to GBB mag - HOW?

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I read somewhere about using Sodastream Co2 cans to fill GBB mags conventionally but cannot find the old thread or what im looking for with google.

Anyone got any info or pointers?

Cheers

39 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hi, I read somewhere about using Sodastream Co2 cans to fill GBB mags conventionally but cannot find the old thread or what im looking for with google. 

Anyone got any info or pointers?

Cheers

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you're talking about the "Devilhunter CO2 mod" for conventional GBBR mags - it involves changing the fill/output valves to CO2 spec to allow for charging from Sodastream etc.

I’ve done it to a GHK AK. You can pretty much only do it to GHK mags because of their tubular mag reservoirs. I imagine doing it to a WE mag would make an impressive pipe bomb. 

For the ghk you needed (to convert a GG mag) a GHK co2 outlet valve for the mag, a kjw m9 inlet valve (has a pin hole in the side to let the liquid co2 enter the mag). That’s your mag done. 

For the bottle you need the soda stream bottle obviously. A madbull fill adapter. Called an XM something. And a palmers pursuit adapter to go between the bottle and the madbull filler as it won’t thread directly onto a soda stream bottle. 

Pretty sure it will only work on GHK mags though because of their chamber design as well as their valve design.

the co2 is unregulated going into the mag

Cheers, the Madbul XM looks to have a gauge and control valve, at least on the one I'm looking at.

Good to know on the GHK mag front, il have to strip one of these mags to check its construction.

I don't ultimately want C02 power just the ability to get more fills from a can.

Any loving links to the palmer adapter? 😁

@Davegolf yeah that’s the one. I never used the regulator part though. It’s damn near impossible to buy one without it. 

https://palmerspursuit.com/collections/soda/products/soda-stream-bottle-refill-adapter

• 1 year later...

Hi folks I have the older (ancient!) soda stream tanks which are smaller to carry round, is there an adapter which covered these? I don't know what the thread is called just that it's considered Au/Nz fitting. Even if these could be removed and swapped for the newer ones that would be great. Anyone had any success with either? (An adapter or swapping the threads). Thanks. (Sorry about image orientation, don't know why it turned and can't seem to edit it)

F9409ADC-F1FD-4A03-87F0-BA33AAF73D33.jpeg

Edited by Saimurai

28 minutes ago, Saimurai said:

Hi folks I have the older (ancient!) soda stream tanks which are smaller to carry round, is there an adapter which covered these? I don't know what the thread is called just that it's considered Au/Nz fitting. Even if these could be removed and swapped for the newer ones that would be great. Anyone had any success with either? (An adapter or swapping the threads). Thanks. (Sorry about image orientation, don't know why it turned and can't seem to edit it)

F9409ADC-F1FD-4A03-87F0-BA33AAF73D33.jpeg

The Palmer link above should still be the same for the old classic sodastream threads

Nice Bejam price sticker

Cheers for the quick response Tommikka, aye I didn't want to mention the Bejam tag to show my age! 😂

Had a look through that link and didn't see a mention of the older ones. Do you know what the fitting is called?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.