Asomodai

SE Tour Review: Erebor: Black Ops (Surrey)

I had a cracking (half) day - was great to meet you too. 

Its a great place - it is quite small, sure but its quite dense too. The lighting and sound was a great touch.

I will be feeding back my thoughts to the organiser but can't wait to visit again!

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

😢

IMG_4506.JPG

1 hour ago, BibbsOnTour said:

I was invited but couldn't make it... Reading this was a tough one😥

Sounds brilliant though! Well done @Seth_Erebor

Plenty of dates coming up soon :)

Well done Seth for organising it 👍

Sounds like it has potential to be a great CQB site.

Looking forward to going...

Will be running another day in 3 weeks and more after that :)

28 minutes ago, Seth_Erebor said:

Will be running another day in 3 weeks and more after that :)

Nope the insult has been dealt, I could of come over and given you pointers on playing and marshalling but obviously @Asomodai attempt at giving you good PR was more important. How much are you paying him? Actual cash, free games or are we talking sexual favours in your nice porcelain toilet cubicles?

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope the insult has been dealt, I could of come over and given you pointers on playing and marshalling but obviously @Asmodias attempt at giving you good PR was more important. How much are you paying him? Actual cash, free games or are we talking sexual favours in your nice porcelain toilet cubicles?

That would be telling ;)

I didn't actually know he was going to do a review.

Nice one, always good to see new sites opening up.  Even if it's a little pricey you probably only play the morning or afternoon.  I've been to small indoor / cqb sites which have been rammed to capacity and no fun at all

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope the insult has been dealt, I could of come over and given you pointers on playing and marshalling

On 24/06/2019 at 21:22, ImTriggerHappy said:

You are missing the point.

You get to spend all day shooting him 🥳

Image result for what are you gonna do stab me#

Not that I didn't slate Seth in that thread too - either way fair play @Seth_Erebor sounds like your hard work played off, interested to see some videos of the site if anyone at the next game has cams!

22 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Not that I didn't slate Seth in that thread too - either way fair play @Seth_Erebor sounds like your hard work played off, interested to see some videos of the site if anyone at the next game has cams!

You do realise every post I made on this thread is a pisstake right?

4 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Ah thanks, it's all fun and games :)

Yeah, it's been in the works for a while so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Not taking my eyes off my other goals though, but this gives me a testbed of sorts.

57 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Nice one, always good to see new sites opening up.  Even if it's a little pricey you probably only play the morning or afternoon.  I've been to small indoor / cqb sites which have been rammed to capacity and no fun at all

We're looking at two very intense 3-hr sessions, you'll feel like you've played a whole day. 

I really want to have a mixture of sessions, fast-paced for "that" crowd and also slower more tactical sessions.

In time I'll see if we can host a similar setup to what Battle Arena broadcasts. The eSports (can I call it that) setup we have in the works (pending approval from the company holding the patent) will look great, run smooth and be clearcut as fencing (I assume fencing is pretty binary).

Not that I'm a fan of Call of Duty but this new Gunfight game mode looks interesting. I will be testing a 5v5 version, see how it goes. For those that can, as in the game, the loadout changes each round. I think that's a cool dynamic.

I think we all gave Seth stick in the past, it became a bit if a "sport", am I right in thinking, according to Asmodias's review, this "new" site has been up & running for quite some time, in use by a number of third parties, & seemingly not Seths brainchild, just a location he's managed to secure for airsofters to also use.

Just sayin is all 😉

Just now, Tackle said:

I think we all gave Seth stick in the past, it became a bit if a "sport", am I right in thinking, according to Asmodias's review, this "new" site has been up & running for quite some time, in use by a number of third parties, & seemingly not Seths brainchild, just a location he's managed to secure for airsofters to also use.

Just sayin is all 😉

I enjoy it, just a bit ;)

They have an escape room, parkour, laser tag and other groups that were only alluded using it. Airsoft will only be another feather in their cap so to speak.

But what I will do with it will have Seth written all over it. Did I just refer to myself in the third person? Time for bed.

If you guys have another game please hit me up!!! An hours drive from me but its closer to a lot of my friends so we would love to play in a CQB place (The south needs more, too many woodland).

2 hours ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

If you guys have another game please hit me up!!! An hours drive from me but its closer to a lot of my friends so we would love to play in a CQB place (The south needs more, too many woodland).

You're closer than I am! haha

I'll let you know

Sounds like a nice little place you got into @Seth_Erebor will be keeping an eye out for the next game day as also only an hour away

Come on guys. I dont particularly agree with the way Seth has presented himself on the forum in the past. But then again how many of you have acquired a site to run for airsoft use? Its a big undertaking and should be applauded.

All this simmering sexual tension towards Seth doesn't particularly fit in with the narrative of a review thread, let's stick with that general theme eh? 

TLDR: Site is good, needs to be well run to be a success, let's see what happens. 

13 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I am now waiting to see how many people who gave him shit start trying to be all matey now.

Now Seth is potentially a site owner the sycophants will come out in force. Airsoft groupies who would of thought they would be a thing?

As I said earlier it's not like I didn't slate him just as you or others did - but, come on - you've got to admit that the self-styled AFUK dreamer has actually managed to kinda move forward on his dreams a little - I def feel a little bad about trying to shoot him down despite him clearly putting quite a bit of work into finding an interesting location etc.

I remember reading an article yonks ago, which came to mind when I heard of the good news re: Pilgrims - Jony Ives from Apple talking about how trying to work in a creative environment in the UK can be quite shite owing to how the default approach from people is to pick holes in someone's idea, shoot it down, tell them it'll never work. It's good to an extent because finding issues can improve the outcome, but not to that degree. Conversely in the US people just tend to be more supportive - will paste the article here once I've found it.

Anyway yeah to sum up - I read that article, agreed with it, then years later did the very thing I disagreed with - sorry Seth!