Selling a rif and Paypal

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As it is an offence to sell a rif to somebody who is not 18 years old or over, I thought I would check to see if the statement below is right:

If a buyer pays with Paypal, I can be sure that he/she is at least 18 years old, since you have to be 18 to open a Paypal account.

However I believe that minors can have a special Student Paypal, and I wonder how this works. Does the ultimate responsibility for this type of account reside with a parent?  Would I be liable if unbeknown to me the rif was bought by a minor using Paypal?

Or is it best when selling a rif to demand proof of age in the form of a driving license or passport photo copied to email?

As far as UKARA numbers are concerned how can I check that they are still valid?

I just get them to send me a message with name, address and DoB (& UKARA if they have it) Stating that they intend to use the purchase for airsofting and within the law.

I believe you can check UKARA by calling Fire-Support 01733 247171

Say you want to check a UKARA number and give them the name & address buyer gave you.  They will tell you if it matches the records.

Archived