G&Gs Supposed new line

Aengus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

No problem with that.  It doesn't do anything that you can't make any other airsoft toy do with enough fiddling.  And at least it's going to catch the marshals' attention and get you watched like a hawk, unlike some hair-triggered generic M4.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

No problem with that.  It doesn't do anything that you can't make any other airsoft toy do with enough fiddling.  And at least it's going to catch the marshals' attention and get you watched like a hawk, unlike some hair-triggered generic M4.

there's nothing wrong with an m4 with a hair trigger and no safety

except when tapping the buttplate is enough to make it fire, then you might have gone too far......

tbf i've always wondered why speed gamers bother with "semi auto" surely allowing a mechanically capped full auto would (ironically) be safer.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbf i've always wondered why speed gamers bother with "semi auto" surely allowing a mechanically capped full auto would (ironically) be safer.

All the paintballers that are involved in it say exactly that. Similar to how tournament pb has rps caps ramping etc.

• Supporters

One reason might be the fantasy that it will become a professional sport with sponsorship for the top teams, which means an arms race of super-pew-pew guns from sponsoring manufacturers.

Evidence: this thread and this gun.

On 19/07/2019 at 15:22, TheFull9 said:

The one aspect I genuinely don't understand is the hinge point for the stock being lower down than on any other similar weapon and the fact it folds down, but only part way because then the pistol grip stops it.  No idea if there's some aspect of speedsoft that makes it desirable.

The point of the stock is so you can use big masks easily.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

there's nothing wrong with an m4 with a hair trigger and no safety

except when tapping the buttplate is enough to make it fire, then you might have gone too far......

I run a pretty standard looking M4 but with a Gate Titan set up for precocking and the most sensitive trigger setting. What people don't seem to get is that just because it's set up for instant trigger response doesn't automatically mean I'm going to abuse it. I bet if I set it up in a more traditional "speedsoft" layout I'd get a lot more scrutiny

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I run a pretty standard looking M4 but with a Gate Titan set up for precocking and the most sensitive trigger setting. What people don't seem to get is that just because it's set up for instant trigger response doesn't automatically mean I'm going to abuse it. I bet if I set it up in a more traditional "speedsoft" layout I'd get a lot more scrutiny

Same thing with mine, polarstar'd with pretty much a mouse click trigger, although ironically mine does have the whole tubular carbon frontend speedsoft look to it (my ghetto interpretation of what would stoner do), ironically it gets used mostly as a dmr (1j flat limit here means its a hilarious counter sniper gun)

Same thing with mine, polarstar'd with pretty much a mouse click trigger, although ironically mine does have the whole tubular carbon frontend speedsoft look to it (my ghetto interpretation of what would stoner do), ironically it gets used mostly as a dmr (1j flat limit here means its a hilarious counter sniper gun)

Mine shoots 1.1j on the dot and can still put the wind up a sniper. I had one come find me after a game to tell me how terrifying it was to be shooting at the limit of his range only to get a burst his way in return

On 19/07/2019 at 17:13, Aengus said:

asg shadow pistol competition type thing which seems to have flopped considering I’ve never seen one outside of a shop. 

I have an ASG CZ SP-01 Shadow and it rocks! Always getting man handled by other Airsofters admiring. The Pistol that is is, not me 😨. Also was playing at the Prison down in Portsmouth and there were 3 guys there with them. Maybe Combat South are the only guys who have sold them??

Unless you are talking about the Shadow 2 but I haven't even seen one of those in a shop.

Aesthetically... they're horrid. They've taken a step back and made them look like unfinished paintball guns with normal mags.

On a practical front.. is "Speedsoft" really enough of a thing to warrant a dedicated range of speed guns? Been doing airsoft for a fair few years and outside the forums; nearly never heard of it.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, XanderShadow said:

is "Speedsoft" really enough of a thing to warrant a dedicated range of speed guns? Been doing airsoft for a fair few years and outside the forums; nearly never heard of it.

Well do you reckon a large corporation like G&G does research and studies before the plow money in to new moulds and production lines?  I'd guess they probably do.

I don't specifically follow it at all, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing is orders of magnitude larger in the US than it is in the UK.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Well do you reckon a large corporation like G&G does research and studies before the plow money in to new moulds and production lines?  I'd guess they probably do.

I don't specifically follow it at all, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing is orders of magnitude larger in the US than it is in the UK.

tbf how much of that product is really new? the trigger, stock mount and the handguard?

everything else is just from their big bucket o' m4 bits.

but then that's a general problem for airsoft- slap a new handguard and stock on an m4 and act like you've somehow managed to create something new and interesting.

5 hours ago, XanderShadow said:

On a practical front.. is "Speedsoft" really enough of a thing to warrant a dedicated range of speed guns? Been doing airsoft for a fair few years and outside the forums; nearly never heard of it.

Not so big in Britain. Generally does better in places with a younger average age due to what I'd assume is less strict laws keeping kids out. Far bigger in the US than anywhere else.

• Supporters

tbf how much of that product is really new? the trigger, stock mount and the handguard?

everything else is just from their big bucket o' m4 bits.

From the looks of it, newly made parts for this rifle would be the trigger, trigger guard, the handguard and associated attachment parts, whatever outer barrel is setup in there, the 'muzzle device', the hinge system for the buffer tube and the entire lower which is a very serious investment in moulds.  No idea on the upper, stock and grip as I don't own/follow anything G&G, but obviously there will have to be some new bits inside and a bit of tweaking vs their standard V2 gearbox.  From a factory building setup standpoint it's also a non-trivial investment/change in terms of putting any new model in to production when you're talking a comparatively small industry like airsoft, even if the product is a minor departure from previous offerings.  It's the sort of thing most players have no understanding of and a lot of the reason people whinge about prices constantly (both RIFs and gear) as they simply lack any understanding of what things cost to make.

I'm not a G&G fan here I don't care one iota if these sell or not, just stating facts.  Not saying companies don't make decent profits either, but the number of people getting rich off airsoft is bloody tiny in the grand scheme of things.

• Supporters

Lower looks straight arp556 to me.

I'm not saying there's no investment in tooling, reprogramming machines etc but compared to making a completely different gun like, well, pretty much anything that isnt an m4, it's nowhere near as much to change up an m4.

I mean to g&g's credit they do a half decent range of more strange stuff, and they do it pretty well on the whole, so they're not that bad.

I suppose they're looking at the sales for things like the firehawk/arp9/arp556 which seem to be popular enough amongst speedsoft types (by which i mean literally every actual speedsoft video i've seen has an arp9) so they're probably thinking they're on safe enough ground.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Lower looks straight arp556 to me.

Looking again yeah I think I can see a join line, so the blob on the back for the stock hinge is the new part rather than the lower.

22 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'm not saying there's no investment in tooling, reprogramming machines etc but compared to making a completely different gun like, well, pretty much anything that isnt an m4, it's nowhere near as much to change up an m4.

Entirely correct and exactly why it's great business for them to churn out AR variants that will actually sell versus going to all the massive effort of producing the uber niche guns that people on the internet say they want then never actually buy and the companies have to eat the costs.

• 11 months later...
  • Supporters
On 19/07/2019 at 16:05, Musica said:

I hope it's using the G2 gearbox need more stop on empty guns. 

Nope, it stops when your trigger fingers cramps up from spamming.

I think this chap might want some alone time with it, based on the sounds he's making.

11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I think this chap might want some alone time with it, based on the sounds he's making.

Showed this to boss man at Depot one day I was there sweeping bbs for a free game day. He said he wouldn't allow it on site based on the binary trigger. 

Also FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU didn't remember this thread thought this was some new gun I hadn't seen before.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Don't like it, but worth watching just to see the faces he's pulling lol

and-i-jizz-in-my-pants.jpeg

• Supporters

Best innovation was a lowered/angled stock to enable you to get ya mush into the sights a bit

SSG - presume it is a Single Sector Gear, likely short stroked a few teeth perhaps ???

could be high speed set of gears ECU bollox so likely running on 11.1v with 25k ifrit motor

looks under 295fps or 90m/sec to produce just over 30rps - 35rps tops me thinks

could be like the DSG HC05 FireHawk - only did 22rps on 7.4v or 33 on 11.1v

bit of a tweak, can't see it doing over 35rps on either dsg or ss ssg 12:1

or if you like - running a snappy 20~24rps on 7.4v SS setup - done right & run on 11.1v

40rps on 300fps ssg setup, even ss you will be getting ready for PME I reckon

(I ripped a rack out using a beefy 11.1v 33c + lipo testing/taking the piss on a snappy 7.4v build)

So if G&G had any sense they kept just into low 30's

unless they went DSG on a m150 spring - but then it would be dsg not ssg you would have thought

nowt new, but stock is weird but innovative all the same I guess

• Supporters

He said he wouldn't allow it on site based on the binary trigger.

Looks like they haven't gone with a binary trigger, unless there's a programmable fire mode that I'm not seeing:

20 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

SSG - presume it is a Single Sector Gear,

I believe that it's literally Speed Soft Gun.  They're being pretty clear about the intended market, although the naming is confusing for the technically minded.

looks under 295fps or 90m/sec to produce just over 30rps - 35rps tops me thinks

Yup, they're claiming a whisper under 90m/s.  Curiously, no ROF test.  I'd guess that it's DSG, but my Japanese is a bit rusty.

nowt new

The chap actually says "higha cycleu" so it's not like they're claiming the idea of a high ROF gun is hugely original.  I think the TM Higha Cycleu AUG is about 30 rps on 11.1V?

Well if you want to come out at an Airsoft game.  These guns will do it for you. 

Speedsofters need to be banned at all sites, along with HPA guns. Backpacks at games are for spare ammo, water and haribo. 

Nobody needs a HPA Airsoft gun with their ROF, unless it is a heavy, bulky support weapon build. 

Angry Old Man | Meme Generator

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Groot said:

Well if you want to come out at an Airsoft game.  These guns will do it for you. 

The TM P90 Higha Cycleu has been out for years if you wanted to do it in flamboyant style.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.