G&Gs Supposed new line

Aengus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I try to explain what airsoft is to people at work a lot of the time I get the response "so it's like paintball but without the paint, right?" and this is all those things made me think of😂

10 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

When I try to explain what airsoft is to people at work a lot of the time I get the response "so it's like paintball but without the paint, right?" and this is all those things made me think of😂

So you're saying you don't explain it as paintball without the paint? How even 😂.

• Supporters

The one aspect I genuinely don't understand is the hinge point for the stock being lower down than on any other similar weapon and the fact it folds down, but only part way because then the pistol grip stops it.  No idea if there's some aspect of speedsoft that makes it desirable.

Then again if you want a gun this unrealistic I don't really get why you'd not just design something from the ground up that's has nothing to do with any real firearm but is cheap and easy to make with plenty of room inside to allow for easier performance increase, bigger mags/faster reloads etc.  At this point in a guns' transformation in to a pure competitive implement there's no reason to hang on to the realistic appearance of the AR it began with.  I know that G&G are already turning out loads of AR bits so its' easy in that sense which is probably why these guns exist, but they should definitely make them IFs instead of RIFs for the UK market.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

What Would Stoner Do - Airsoft edition.

i take offence to that, my m4 is the true wwsd airsoft edition, none of this heretical nonsense with weird ass stocks that make no bloody sense.

i will also be miffed if it's actual carbon fibre, because then i won't be able to lord it over the peasants :(

24 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

The one aspect I genuinely don't understand is the hinge point for the stock being lower down than on any other similar weapon and the fact it folds down, but only part way because then the pistol grip stops it.  No idea if there's some aspect of speedsoft that makes it desirable.

It’s so it’s supported in your shoulder while you’re blind firing an entire high cap over the top of a barricade, duh! 

28 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Then again if you want a gun this unrealistic I don't really get why you'd not just design something from the ground up that's has nothing to do with any real firearm but is cheap and easy to make with plenty of room inside to allow for easier performance increase, bigger mags/faster reloads etc.  At this point in a guns' transformation in to a pure competitive implement there's no reason to hang on to the realistic appearance of the AR it began with.  I know that G&G are already turning out loads of AR bits so its' easy in that sense which is probably why these guns exist, but they should definitely make them IFs instead of RIFs for the UK market.

Think the bit above has space for a battery or something can't really know without seeing one. Having your stock a bit lower than usual helps with aiming along the barrel when you're wearing a mask (same effect as a riser on an optic but just lowering the stock). You want the top of your rail to be as close to your eye level as possible so you can expose less when peeking and get away with no sights or a low profile one.

No company wants to spend the time and money on "r&d" to have their gun potentially flop since the "market" has never really been tested with something like this. Much safer to go for an adaptation like this, who knows if it's successful we might see something designed purely for airsoft. 

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Needs a white version covered in manga stickers. :P

it'l be covered in white when it arrives at the weebs house. 

I hope it's using the G2 gearbox need more stop on empty guns.  

I think most sites will ban it because of the "blade" trigger so seems a bit pointless. 

6 minutes ago, Musica said:

I think most sites will ban it because of the "blade" trigger so seems a bit pointless. 

Don’t think it’ll even be allowed in speedqb (closest thing to competitive speedsofts governing body) since double triggers aren’t allowed 😂.

• Supporters

is there something i'm missing in the description here? is this one of those stupid fire on pull and release style triggers or just a regular speed trigger?

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

is there something i'm missing in the description here? is this one of those stupid fire on pull and release style triggers or just a regular speed trigger?

Just a double trigger (one pull = one shot but you can shoot vfast with two fingers) until more info comes out

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i take offence to that, my m4 is the true wwsd airsoft edition, none of this heretical nonsense with weird ass stocks that make no bloody sense.

i will also be miffed if it's actual carbon fibre, because then i won't be able to lord it over the peasants :(

My SUPREME apologies for the offence caused.  Never seen your shooter tbh mate, is there an airsoft AR 1-piece lower made of plastic?  Did you import a faxon handguard?  I nearly have a few times.

1 hour ago, Aengus said:

Think the bit above has space for a battery or something can't really know without seeing one. Having your stock a bit lower than usual helps with aiming along the barrel when you're wearing a mask (same effect as a riser on an optic but just lowering the stock). You want the top of your rail to be as close to your eye level as possible so you can expose less when peeking and get away with no sights or a low profile one.

No company wants to spend the time and money on "r&d" to have their gun potentially flop since the "market" has never really been tested with something like this. Much safer to go for an adaptation like this, who knows if it's successful we might see something designed purely for airsoft. 

On the one hand I understand your analogy for aiming/high optics etc, but the thing has no recoil and weighs bugger all so you can just hold it up to your eye. Unless trying to cheek against the standard issue Dye mask causes it to slip around while running and you need an anchor point in the shoulder?  I'm entirely open to ideas on that side of things.

This adaption is safer I'd agree, but given all the risky releases I've seen in the past 14 or so years I disagree that no company would ever attempt to make a pure competition type gun.

8 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

On the one hand I understand your analogy for aiming/high optics etc, but the thing has no recoil and weighs bugger all so you can just hold it up to your eye. Unless trying to cheek against the standard issue Dye mask causes it to slip around while running and you need an anchor point in the shoulder?  I'm entirely open to ideas on that side of things.

This adaption is safer I'd agree, but given all the risky releases I've seen in the past 14 or so years I disagree that no company would ever attempt to make a pure competition type gun.

You don’t cheek weld as such it’s more having the stock in your shoulder. You want to be able to pivot the gun in your shoulder which is easier when it’s “in” instead of a standard stock where you have to raise the gun so it’s more “on” your shoulder. Same as a real gun where you want a secure platform but you still want the top edge to be eye level. Apologies if that doesn’t make sense 😂

Never really seen what I’d consider a risky release. You have been around for a lot longer than me though. Only thing that comes to mind is the asg shadow pistol competition type thing which seems to have flopped considering I’ve never seen one outside of a shop. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Aengus said:

Just a double trigger (one pull = one shot but you can shoot vfast with two fingers) until more info comes out

fair enough, i do run a speed trigger in the m4 which you could get some pretty high rof on "semi" but i tend to mostly do double/triple. i reckon it's more a user than a gun issue if peeps are using them to full auto indoors.

44 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

My SUPREME apologies for the offence caused.  Never seen your shooter tbh mate, is there an airsoft AR 1-piece lower made of plastic?  Did you import a faxon handguard?  I nearly have a few times.

it's cool, mine's not a true interpretation as there aren't any decent 1-peice lowers i'm aware of, although i have occasionally contemplated if importing the lower and modding it to take a gearbox might work but i do run an m16 style stock out of preference (dont like adjustables) and recently managed to half-inch some carbon tube out of work to make a ghetto faxon handguard. it is very pointable which is nice and does sort of follow the spirit of the build whilst avoiding going too out of character.

7 hours ago, Aengus said:

Don’t think it’ll even be allowed in speedqb (closest thing to competitive speedsofts governing body) since double triggers aren’t allowed 😂.

kinda seems like a mistake maybe it comes with a regular or something.

7 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

G&G make a licensed cobalt kinetics competition shooting gun and designed a magazine that drops out of the gun when empty. They seem ballsy but with CMs and ARPs everywhere they have consumer loyality so they might be one of the companies who can afford to R&D stuff.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Musica said:

G&G make a licensed cobalt kinetics competition shooting gun and designed a magazine that drops out of the gun when empty. They seem ballsy but with CMs and ARPs everywhere they have consumer loyality so they might be one of the companies who can afford to R&D stuff.

Hm.. partly, there's plenty of companies out there with solid revenue streams from mainstream products who still never do anything different and play it safe.  I've handled the Cobalt AEG at SHOT, frankly if they made mags for it that were super-resilient to drops I'd buy one as I love the real thing, but I don't think it's a gun that'd have any use in airsoft outside of IPSC and other similar style airsoft shooting competitions.

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Hm.. partly, there's plenty of companies out there with solid revenue streams from mainstream products who still never do anything different and play it safe.  I've handled the Cobalt AEG at SHOT, frankly if they made mags for it that were super-resilient to drops I'd buy one as I love the real thing, but I don't think it's a gun that'd have any use in airsoft outside of IPSC and other similar style airsoft shooting competitions.

it's actually just the mags that fall so you can use different mags or use those mags in a different gun and still get the drop on empty effect. From what I understand it has the g2 gearbox so if  you used a g2 mag it would support stop on empty instead of drop on empty. Bit long for my liking even with stop on empty.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.