[RESCHEDULED] Kilmarnock, Scotland Namsim-lite, 7th-8th September 2019

Rogerborg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

[UPDATE] This has been rescheduled from the end of July to the start of September.

£40 (£10 + £30) for the weekend, bio BB only (sold on site), camping overnight on Saturday.  Emphasis on the lite, it's camo or period Murcans vs solid black/green/tan NVA/VC, and shoot 1 high cap or 3 mid caps from whatever you bring.  My rice hat is on its way, my PA system is loaded with Hannoi Hannah propaganda, laughs will be had.

https://www.facebook.com/events/275670850005335/

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

£40 (£10 + £30) for the weekend, bio BB only (sold on site), camping overnight on Saturday.  Emphasis on the lite, it's camo or period Murcans vs solid black/green/tan NVA/VC, and shoot 1 high cap or 3 mid caps from whatever you bring.  My rice hat is on its way, my PA system is loaded with Hannoi Hannah propaganda, laughs will be had.

looks good. 

might look into going 

• Supporters

It's a bit of a tracer-shot-in-the-dark as I haven't been to this site before.  It's run by the team who used to run the Nomad site in Fenwick.  The site owner (or renter) Russel is a really decent guy and he's put a lot of time and money into this new site since it opened last autumn.  He ran some one day milsim-lites at the old site which I really enjoyed as a break from the usual "mass charge the objective" game days.  And who doesn't like a bit of Full Metal Apocalypse Platoon Now?

All that said, the site it's still a work in progress and I'm led to believe that car parking can be... interesting... so best to plan on arriving early if you're coming.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

bio BB only (sold on site),

are you only allowed to use bio BBs they sell?

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

3 mid caps from whatever you bring

really stings to have 75 round mid caps for the evo with a rule like.

I can't make this but give me a shout next time/event I am interesting in trying a more structued experience at some point.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Musica said:

are you only allowed to use bio BBs they sell?

Bringing your own is fine.

Someone more cynical than me might suggest that what matters is being able to produce a bottle or bag marked "bio".

15 hours ago, Musica said:

really stings to have 75 round mid caps for the evo with a rule like [3 x mags]

It's pretty relaxed, they just mean around 400 rounds per AEG per deployment.  Bear in mind some AK hicaps hold close to 550.  I'll check with Russell first, but I don't see a problem with me packing 4 x 90 round MP5 mags.

20 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I know its Nam Sim Light, but please please don't wear a rice hat.  The NLF (VC) very rarely wore them, they were mainly an item of peasant farmers dress and are a bit of a Holywood-ism.  A tan or green or black boonie is more correct.  

• Supporters

Thanks, I'm aware of that.

However, this "sim" is very heavy on the light, and the site even recommends rice hats for distinguishing between the sides as much as anything.  The same reason that they appear in films, really.

Bear in mind that the US forces will mostly be wearing modern camo, almost everyone will be toting modern guns and I'd be surprised if most of the VC forces are wearing anything more authentic than black trackies and hoodies, likely with stripes and Nike branding.  It's the first "sim" at this site, and they're keeping it very accessible.

However, I do take your point.  I used to do swords-and-axes historic reenactment and it did grind my gears to see people who were anachronistic through ignorance or lack of effort.  I'll also be taking my green boonie, and if turns out that there are more than a handful of folk there in decent period gear, I'll switch to that.  I'm not wearing sandals though. ;)

Worse case, there's likely to be some peasant-marshals wandering around doing objective based roleplay stuff, so the hat might end up going to them.

If you are interested in Nam sim stuff, look up the following:

Gunman Airsoft Nam

Arclight

Operation Dust Off

Those are the 3 Nam 'filmsim' that I go to and all 3 are excellent and utilise pretty much the same rule-set.  They all have pages over on FB.  They are 'filmsim' rather than 'milsim' and therefore slightly more LARPy but are excellent fun, the levels of kit are superb whilst not being stich countery.  I do believe we have people come down from Jockland for them too.  Playing as PAVN/VC is so much fun as the site they use really does replicate jungle really well, plus there is a full USA Firebase complete with bunkers etc.  I always play VC/PAVN and have a blast just ambushing the Yanks and running away giggling.  Its realistic in that we only ever lose when we try to fight them conventionally.  Firmly firmly recommended. 

• Supporters

Counting stitches is the only thing that separates us from the animals. :P

We'll see how this one goes, it's still early days for the site.

Archived