Another idiot

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good job he had his UKARA licence. Thatll stop drugged up thugs using the phoney excuse of "ive got the mental elfs innit m8" as a crutch for being a complete cunt from getting hold of anything vaguely gun shaped and acting like cunts with it.  

The saddest part of this story is that the police didn't remove him from this mortal coil. Would have been doing the world a favour. 

Bought it for hunting rabbits ? there is a hare at our local site, he is huge ! if anyone was daft enough to shoot him he would just take the gun away and feed it to them !

We don't need this kind of publicity , it does seem that the Scots are very anti airsoft  though.

Personally I think that the guy is an idiot but what I find most interesting is the language used in the article. Up until the very end of the article they call it a air pistol which is very very different from an airsoft pistol. It just makes me wonder how legitimate the rest of the article is when they cant get one simple name correct. 

It's interesting the regional take on these things. we had a similar thing in Barnstaple a few weeks ago, some idiot walking around waving a gun about. Now we have one of the biggest ARU's in the country apparently 'cos of all the shotguns in the area, and sure enough they turned up together with the police chopper and had a 'word' with the idiot in question. They impounded the 'gun' obviously. I happened to be speaking to a friend who works at the local station a day or two later and asked about it, the response was 'Meh'  The cops weren't overly bothered and it didn't even make the local press , there may have been something on the on line version. No idea if it was an airsoft gun , an air pistol or a water pistol. Fortunately we have a very good rapport with the local police, there have been several zombie events in local towns where airsofters have turned out to act as guards, all kitted up and armed to the teeth, the police were duly notified in advance and were very supportive . 

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

Bought it for hunting rabbits ? there is a hare at our local site, he is huge ! if anyone was daft enough to shoot him he would just take the gun away and feed it to them !

We don't need this kind of publicity , it does seem that the Scots are very anti airsoft  though.

not sure if i should take offence to that haha as a Scot

37 minutes ago, Nick G said:

It's interesting the regional take on these things. we had a similar thing in Barnstaple a few weeks ago, some idiot walking around waving a gun about. Now we have one of the biggest ARU's in the country apparently 'cos of all the shotguns in the area, and sure enough they turned up together with the police chopper and had a 'word' with the idiot in question. They impounded the 'gun' obviously. I happened to be speaking to a friend who works at the local station a day or two later and asked about it, the response was 'Meh'  The cops weren't overly bothered and it didn't even make the local press , there may have been something on the on line version. No idea if it was an airsoft gun , an air pistol or a water pistol. Fortunately we have a very good rapport with the local police, there have been several zombie events in local towns where airsofters have turned out to act as guards, all kitted up and armed to the teeth, the police were duly notified in advance and were very supportive . 

Is this the idiot that's caused all the Sw Airsoft groups to clamp down on rules and such?

We had a couple armed response officers turn up at our last game, just a friendly hello see how things were some etc.

Naturally the real reason came up, some idiot waving a gun around no doubt.

6 minutes ago, Huxley said:

Is this the idiot that's caused all the Sw Airsoft groups to clamp down on rules and such?

We had a couple armed response officers turn up at our last game, just a friendly hello see how things were some etc.

Naturally the real reason came up, some idiot waving a gun around no doubt.

I think that was something at Exeter uni, that one did get everyone a bit excited

Not that clamping down is a bad thing, even sensible airsofters need reminding occasionally . Something as simple as arriving with guns not in a bag when the car park can be seen from the road, it happens. Personally I've made a point of telling all my neighbours about airsoft and shown them the guns, that way they know they may spot me in the back garden setting something up and not be concerned.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Good job he had his UKARA licence

<low-quality-bait.gif>

But yes, questions very much ought to be asked about where a junkie lag got a RIF.

If the State doesn't go after the rogues who sell to rogues, then sooner or later the Daily Rant will demand that they pass more laws which will hammer the law abiding, while bothing said rogues not one jot.

7 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Good job he had his UKARA licence. Thatll stop drugged up thugs using the phoney excuse of "ive got the mental elfs innit m8" as a crutch for being a complete cunt from getting hold of anything vaguely gun shaped and acting like cunts with it.  

The saddest part of this story is that the police didn't remove him from this mortal coil. Would have been doing the world a favour. 

Thats a little harsh but in the news today Scotland 1200 dead from drug related issues and stupid plod want to legalize drugs. I suppose it keeps them in a job finding all the cannabis farms arresting drug drivers.

Now if Scotland really want independence having a population suffer drug induced psychotic events and staying in the euro zone says it all.

17 minutes ago, gasman said:

Thats a little harsh but in the news today Scotland 1200 dead from drug related issues and stupid plod want to legalize drugs. I suppose it keeps them in a job finding all the cannabis farms arresting drug drivers.

Now if Scotland really want independence having a population suffer drug induced psychotic events and staying in the euro zone says it all.

The hope is that with legalisation comes regulation and is therefore safer, also taxed so some of the costs from drug use are paid for. That’s the theory at least.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

It just makes me wonder how legitimate the rest of the article is when they cant get one simple name correct. 

If a ‘reporter’ (and I use the term VERY loosely) told me my arse was on fire I wouldn’t believe them until I smelt smoke ! I most definitely do not buy in to the trump style ‘fake news’ bullshit that’s starting to appear over here like in the states but I do think it’s safe to say the days of the press having even a hint of integrity are long gone . 

• Supporters

Oh, so very true.  They're in the business of selling offence and prurience, with a large slice of agenda pushing on the side.

A lady of my acquaintance describes herself as a survivor of the media bubble who got out before it rotted her soul.  The thing that pushed her over the edge was catching the mainstream and award winning Scotsman newspaper photoshopping slogans on to pictures of protest signs at an anti-Bush II rally in Edinburgh back in 2005 to jazz them up a bit.  In the early edition, they tucked "Bush uses his flag as a cum rag" into one corner, just for a giggle.

STV once used stock footage of me taking part in a re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn in a piece on the swivel eyed end of Scottish nationalism, stating as a fact that "many of these people hold strong xenophobic views" based on interviewing one "English oot!" nutcase they'd found there, who'd attended not as a participant, but as paying punter.

Laugh was, I was a Scot participating on the English side.  So, I'm xenophobic against myself? :D

It's all fiction at best, propaganda at worst.  Dirty, dirty smear merchants, they can get bent.

On 17/07/2019 at 09:12, Rogerborg said:

Oh, so very true.  They're in the business of selling offence and prurience, with a large slice of agenda pushing on the side.

A lady of my acquaintance describes herself as a survivor of the media bubble who got out before it rotted her soul.  The thing that pushed her over the edge was catching the mainstream and award winning Scotsman newspaper photoshopping slogans on to pictures of protest signs at an anti-Bush II rally in Edinburgh back in 2005 to jazz them up a bit.  In the early edition, they tucked "Bush uses his flag as a cum rag" into one corner, just for a giggle.

STV once used stock footage of me taking part in a re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn in a piece on the swivel eyed end of Scottish nationalism, stating as a fact that "many of these people hold strong xenophobic views" based on interviewing one "English oot!" nutcase they'd found there, who'd attended not as a participant, but as paying punter.

Laugh was, I was a Scot participating on the English side.  So, I'm xenophobic against myself? :D

It's all fiction at best, propaganda at worst.  Dirty, dirty smear merchants, they can get bent.

And they're the first to say that they are the voice of the people. Yeah right!

On 16/07/2019 at 18:49, Nick G said:

I think that was something at Exeter uni, that one did get everyone a bit excited

Not that clamping down is a bad thing, even sensible airsofters need reminding occasionally . Something as simple as arriving with guns not in a bag when the car park can be seen from the road, it happens. Personally I've made a point of telling all my neighbours about airsoft and shown them the guns, that way they know they may spot me in the back garden setting something up and not be concerned.

They mentioned some guy driving down past Okehampton pointed a gun at a couple and dragged them from the car.

But the impression I got it was some guy running around his local woodland with a blue two tone Rif 

But the police were a good bunch, and hung around for quite a while.

Plus locals are used to us running around, is only when you get the emmets coming down you have to be careful.

Archived