G&G mosfet trouble 🙄

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So last year I picked up a G&G Tr16 MBR 308, Its one of their higher end models with their new mosfet and ETU. I've just got it back after having a shop put in a stronger spring, tight bore barrel and upgraded hop up unit to turn it into a DMR, took it to a game yesterday though and all it did was beep at me when I plugged a battery in. Tried my 7.4 and 11.1 lipos, all fully charged and all did the same thing. Now I trust the shop, theyre good guys, and said they tested it for FPS when they put the parts in. But it seems the mosfets now throwing a fit. The spring, barrel and hop shouldn't have effected the mosfet at all surely? From what I've read G&G mosfets are notoriously crap, even the new and "improved" ones. The beeping its giving is suppose to signify low voltage, my question is does anyone know any simple solutions or fixes for it or, failing that, can I just cut the mosfet out of the circuit. As I understand it the gun will still work just fine without it, just wont be programmable, but as its a DMR build its going to be locked to semi anyway so that doesnt bother me at all.

20190713_142917.jpg

20190713_142929.jpg

• Supporters
On 15/07/2019 at 13:12, Luke85 said:

Now I trust the shop

Now you trust them?

I'm sorry, I only have memes for this.

gXmQ9U1.gif

milquetoast.jpg?w=873

Yeah I trust the shop, I've used them plenty of times and they are used by all my local fields staff. However, given that I've got back a gun that's not working I will of course be taking it back to them. I was just asking if anyone had any experience with these new G&G mosfets in case it was an easy fix, something I could easily resolved myself. From everything I've uncovered the G&G mosfets are just a bit crap and prone to such issues, don't think its anything the shops done as it was a simple barrel, spring and hop swap, no need to touch any electronics. 

Archived