Why we chrono

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
On 16/07/2019 at 14:58, gasman said:

What is it the police would say ignorance is no excuse. Druid spoke about people asking questions which are basic and covered here on this forum in so many places I do not find I don,t understand an excuse

I do agree you probably can find most answers on here BUT as we also see on here time and time again with the number of “link me I can’t find it” questions , a hell of a lot these days just seam incapable of performing even the simplest search online for shit ! 🤦‍♂️

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It amazes me how people seem to think a few fps will be a game changer.

I used to play private games with no limits and I am trying to get them going again. We all regularly ran ridiculous guns firing over 500fps and they were full auto and guess what no one died. You would get a few more bleeders if like me you played in short sleeves but nothing major.

I wish we could run a lot higher in this country because it would be simpler in the long run.

Would have to convince people that £5 mesh isn’t a good idea for that to ever work 😕. What do you mean by simpler in the long run?

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

a hell of a lot these days just seam incapable of performing even the simplest search online for shit ! 🤦‍♂️

Part of the "want it, want it now" generation, mainly youngsters who've had everything too easy, never had to pick up a book or go to a library to research something, I blame the poxy t'internet 😏

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Would have to convince people that £5 mesh isn’t a good idea for that to ever work 😕. What do you mean by simpler in the long run?

One worldwide standard fps (say 450) would mean that manufacturers can build to that standard instead of the constant downgrading.

Once there is a benchmark that it isn't so low less guns are likely to be naturally over.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I wish we could run a lot higher in this country because it would be simpler in the long run.

Feck that, I squeal like a piglet 🐷 now, if it goes up I'll prob be crying for me mummy 😭

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Feck that, I squeal like a piglet 🐷 now, if it goes up I'll prob be crying for me mummy 😭

‘if’ ? 🤔

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

‘if’ ? 🤔

hypothetically speaking 😜

seriously though, why do I only ever get shot in the kidneys, inner thigh, ears & throat ?............nobody ever hits my gun, pouches or lid.

Gits😈

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

What would you rather take a hit from , an ‘illegal’ sniper that’s delivering a bit more energy on impact or a burst from some cockwomble with a ridiculous rate of fire M4 thats firing at 348.5fps and so perfectly legal ?

Depends if the flangeclanger with the sniper is pumping out 3J+ more-ceramic-than-plastic 0.5g BBs, and I'm wearing mesh.

If you tolerate this, then your children's eyeballs will be next.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

If you tolerate this, then your children's eyeballs will be next.

🎵 will be next , will be next !🎵😉

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Aengus said:

Cheater 100% confirmed 😠😂. Filthy admittance.. tsk tsk

Lol, I wish I could ignore the hits, then I wouldn't look like such a wuss😢

On 22/07/2019 at 12:46, ImTriggerHappy said:

It amazes me how people seem to think a few fps will be a game changer.

I used to play private games with no limits and I am trying to get them going again. We all regularly ran ridiculous guns firing over 500fps and they were full auto and guess what no one died. You would get a few more bleeders if like me you played in short sleeves but nothing major.

So you want rifs the police would consider firearms, that is one way of killing a sport. Perhaps you would like to shoot .22 rimfire at your mates!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, gasman said:

So you want rifs the police would consider firearms, that is one way of killing a sport. Perhaps you would like to shoot .22 rimfire at your mates!

Where did I say that? Don't go getting on your high horse and trying to make a point by making shit up. 

As I said I wish we could run higher which means I wish the laws were different. At no point did I say we should ignore them to run higher.

I quoted you saying you ran guns on full auto firing over 500 FPS that made them fire arms in the eyes of the law!

• Supporters
19 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Where did I say that? Don't go getting on your high horse and trying to make a point by making shit up. 

As I said I wish we could run higher which means I wish the laws were different. At no point did I say we should ignore them to run higher.

Trig, not stirring shit but agreed, your last paragraph was obviously hypothetical, but in the paragraph before that you mention private games at a higher (illegal) fps & that you'd like to start them up again !.

unfortunately the law wouldn't give a fuck if its a private game or not (not that the average bobby knows the law on airsoft fps limits), but mass arrests/convictions could be a game changer for the rest of us.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, gasman said:

I quoted you saying you ran guns on full auto firing over 500 FPS that made them fire arms in the eyes of the law!

Yeah we did pre 2017 when the laws changed. 

The couple of games after that everything was set to semi. 

Everything was always legal and if it starts again will be as one of the players is civi police and a couple are mod. They would never take the chance of going outside the law.

19 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Trig, not stirring shit but agreed, your last paragraph was obviously hypothetical, but in the paragraph before that you mention private games at a higher (illegal) fps & that you'd like to start them up again !.

unfortunately the law wouldn't give a fuck if its a private game or not (not that the average bobby knows the law on airsoft fps limits), but mass arrests/convictions could be a game changer for the rest of us.

As I said we "used" to play full auto but that was before all the 2017 ammendments when the laws got adjusted and clarified. 

People need to remember that a couple of years back other than the two tone side of things the legislation on airsoft guns was very wooly. Only since the VCRA changes and the Lord Shrewsbury debacle have people really started to push the fps limits. Even a year back it was still common to find shops selling un-downgraded aegs shooting 400+fps.

So yeah hopefully starting up again but everything that is above 370 will be semi locked. As stated above we had already done that which is why I bought a Krytac to use for the last few games.

I wonder if the change in law has affected retailers selling Chinese guns that historically were all 4-500fps. I've bought a few cyma guns lately that all come in at UK friendly FPS limits that never would have previously done so. Someone is downgrading them, wonder if it's the manufacturer or the retailer.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

I wonder if the change in law has affected retailers selling Chinese guns that historically were all 4-500fps. I've bought a few cyma guns lately that all come in at UK friendly FPS limits that never would have previously done so. Someone is downgrading them, wonder if it's the manufacturer or the retailer.

A mixture of both I believe 

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

10 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

A mixture of both I believe 

Lol, about time, been a very contentious subject for a long time, the whole idea that a retailer could get away with selling products "not fit for purpose", & probably illegally, yet as consumers we put up with it.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Everything was always legal

Depending on whether airsoft guns could be considered "lethal barreled" for purposes of the vaguely worded S57, thus triggering Section 5.

You assumed, fairly reasonably, that a 2.3J airsoft gun shooting plastic BBs would not be.  I suspect the man on the Clapham omnibus would have agreed - after all, we regularly get hit with BBs with that amount of energy, and I'm not aware of a single fatality.

However, the PCA 2017 decided that anything capable of producing over 1J is a firearm - but then explicitly exempted airsoft guns designed to sling plastic at under 1.3J auto / 2.5J otherwise.  Why being hit with 2 x 1.31J could be "lethal" when being hit by 1 x 2.5J is not is one for the legislators to explain, because it's beyond me.

It is an absolute clusterfrack of an Act at this point, and as evidence of that, even the CPS doesn't seem to have noticed that "lethal barreled" has been well defined for 2 years now: https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/firearms#a14

Archived