RPG-7 40mm Rockets/ barrle extensions

svman730
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently found and bought a 40mm rpg-7 launcher that I had been searching for for years. I was instantly disappointed with the barrle length as I like to fire foam projectile grenades and home made sabot/ buckshot rounds so I decided to start this little project. All I've basically done is cut some 40mm pvc20190714_161430.thumb.jpg.c58f1c487a6d79274dda057732155411.jpg waste pipe to length and tap the ends to except the threads on the bottom of tag launcher shell gas bases. I've then dressed the rest of the pipe to look like an rpg rocket. Thought it worth sharing as anyone else with an rpg may wish to have a lot more range when firing off different projectiles. It's also nice to be able to run a rocket pack with the launcher.

20190714_160741.jpg

20190714_160752.jpg

20190714_160805.jpg

20190714_161430.jpg

• Supporters

Mate they are fecking awesome ! I’d give my left neutered bollock for a TAG firing RPG ! 😍

well done bud VERY well done ! 👍

Cheers dude, I wont actually be using this to fire tag rounds though as they are too expensive for me to be able to afford. Cant be spending £7 every time you pull the trigger unless your mega rich or don't pull the trigger very often. I'll be using this site up to fire foam grenades and mcbuckshot.

1520293891881.jpg

20170512_172221.jpg

16 minutes ago, svman730 said:

Cheers dude, I wont actually be using this to fire tag rounds though as they are too expensive for me to be able to afford. Cant be spending £7 every time you pull the trigger unless your mega rich or don't pull the trigger very often. I'll be using this site up to fire foam grenades and mcbuckshot.

1520293891881.jpg

20170512_172221.jpg

McBuckshot!! hahahah that is epic :D

Well McDonalds provide the paper souffle cups free of charge so they deserve some credit. They work great though, the front opens up like a flower about a meter from the muzzel and the back cup provides a perfect air seal under pressure allowing for maximum energy transfer from the compressed gas to the bbs which translates into great range

1 hour ago, svman730 said:

Well McDonalds provide the paper souffle cups free of charge so they deserve some credit. They work greater though, the front opens up like a flower about a meter from the muzzel and the back cup provides a perfect air seal under pressure allowing for maximum energy transfer from the compressed gas to the bbs which translates into great range

Love to see it in action, any videos? 

Not yet but I have a vietnam weekender on the 26th so should be able to get some footage then

Dear god, this is some genius level creativity right here!! 😮

8 hours ago, svman730 said:

1520293891881.jpg

20170512_172221.jpg

can you explain how the mcbuckshot works sorry if im being stupid 

I make them using those little paper souffle cups that they have at mcdonalds sauce stations. If I'm passing by a McDonald's I nip in and pocket a small stack of them. I glue two of them together using a hot glue gun and fill one half with around 80 bbs before capping it off with a paper disc and crimping the edges closed. The end with the bbs Inserted into the barrle first and a gas grenade or moscart behind it. When the gas Is released the empty paper souffle cup is pushed against the sides of the launcher barrle forming an excellent air seal. This makes it very hard for any gas to escape past the sabot meaning all of the energy released as the gas expands goes into accelerating the bbs. When you think about firing a normal moscart or one of the single hole versions most of the gas rushes past the bbs rather than pushing them forward. This design  also means  that you get to take advantage of the total barrle length of your launcher for accelerating the bbs rather than just the length of your grenade shell/ moscart. Once the mcbuckshot leaves the barrle of your launcher the front end opens up like a flower and stays behind whilst all of the heavier bbs continue to fly forward at speed. Same basic principle as a real steel shotgun cartridge. The souffle cups are made of wax paper and the glue stick I use in the hot glue gun are biodegradable too. Although I do try to pick up the litter as much as possible as I play.

FB_IMG_1563218115219.jpg

I've even made some tracer versions for night games with a little UV LED.

FB_IMG_1563218215213.jpg

FB_IMG_1563218220875.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love a bit more detail on the manufacture of the RPG 'rounds', just got my RPG-7 Delivered today and love what you've done!

• 2 months later...

Archived