Spring upgrade

Dannyreader
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi 

rather new to skirmishing

curretly running a CAA m4 cqb 7” 

link to gun specs: https://actionsportgames.com/en-gb/productcatalog/products/guns/rifles/caa-m4-cqb-7

which is shooting 285-290fps with 0.2g bbs. 

Im looking at increasing my FPS to 335/340 to keep with my site rules. 

Currently have an

aSG Ultimate Mil-Spec AEG Spring M95 fitted which is giving me my current FPS

Been advised to try and go for a m105 spring as this would give me a FPS just under the site limits 

since my last chrono I have install a Rhop bucking to help with range due to reviews but also think that my FPS need a boost. 

As at my last skirmish which was outdoors I was struggling with range but also some player not calling their hits I think this was due to them where thicker clothing or gillies and not feeling the hot as majority were calling hits throughout the day. 

I would be looking at your air seal components. You should be getting more FPS then that on an M95. 

16 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I would be looking at your air seal components. You should be getting more FPS then that on an M95. 

Ok so should I be looking at more the air nozzle cylinder head and the fitting into the Hop up unit? 

ideally you need to test the compression of the piston, cylinder, cylinder head and nozzle, here's a quick YT to show, there are plenty others

if you don't want to open the gearbox up then you can just place in a stronger spring to compensate but this will cause slightly more strain on the gearbox

As everyone says, check your compression and seals. I run an M95 spring in one of mine and it chronos  at about 300 on .25's ( our site Chrono's on Joules using game weight BB's) which is about 335 ish on .2's Springs do vary, some are stronger than others at a given rating , but I would expect you to see comfortably over 300 fps

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

As everyone says, check your compression and seals. I run an M95 spring in one of mine and it chronos  at about 300 on .25's ( our site Chrono's on Joules using game weight BB's) which is about 335 ish on .2's Springs do vary, some are stronger than others at a given rating , but I would expect you to see comfortably over 300 fps

Thanks, so should be good with a m95 spring providing air seals are good. 

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

ideally you need to test the compression of the piston, cylinder, cylinder head and nozzle, here's a quick YT to show, there are plenty others

if you don't want to open the gearbox up then you can just place in a stronger spring to compensate but this will cause slightly more strain on the gearbox

Thanks for the link, I will give it a go and see what I find. Idealy I don’t want to put more wear on the gear box so will go and check for air leaks, is it worth checking between the hop and gear box as well 

Archived