Mid caps not feeding

Callum Hornsby
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys sorry to make this post I’ve read through all old posts that I can find but none resolve my issue. 

My cm16 raider feeds and functions fine using the standard G&g hi cap however I’m looking to use mid caps from now on. I’m using a pro win hop up chamber and a prommy purple bucking and nub as well as this a nuprol air nozzle.

I first tried using a ares amoeba mag (140 round) it fit lose and fed horribly if at all, I figured it was the mag so then tried a G&g gr16 mid cap fed slightly better but still unusable for a skirmish. 

Puzzled I decided to look in my parts bin and dig out an old generic metal hop up unit and a generic soft black bucking and nub I tried with that and same issues I even tried using the pro win with the black bucking etc.

As far as I can tell there is a good seal being made between the air nozzle and bucking on all setups, the only way I could get the gun to feed consistently is with the gun turned upside down for some reason, which is leading me to believe possibility mag spring tension has something to do here?

I read on some other posts that cm16’s have a reputation for being bad with mid caps so that might be at play as well.

Ive also tried the ol give it a wiggle and push forward and back and jam a spacer in the magwell and it was to no prevail.

Any help is appreciated.

cheers

• Supporters

Are they actually securing in the magwell properly?  You can't just pull them out without pressing the mag release?

The reason that I ask is that Workmate Eddy bought a bunch of different mid caps to use with his G&G CM16, and half of them needed the release catch window on the mag filed out slightly to get the catch to engage properly.

Even at that, he's still got a couple that feed poorly, but they feed OK in my CYMA M4.  I can only assume that STANAG isn't that Standard, at least when it comes to airsoft toys.

• Supporters

might also consider the ammo you're using, i've had this issue more with ak mags but poor quality ammo just binds the mag up bad, chuck some geoffs in there and they all feed fine.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Are they actually securing in the magwell properly?  You can't just pull them out without pressing the mag release?

They’re  in there nice and tight, good solid click when engaged and will not wiggle free. As for ammo I’m using zeroone bio 0.25, sadly I’ve got nothing else laying around to test with.

• Supporters
On 15/07/2019 at 11:45, Callum Hornsby said:

zeroone bio 0.25

Mmm.  The only BBs that I've thrown in the bin were a batch of kilo9 .25 bios that would not hop at all and regularly misfed in all my guns.

I'd definitely suggest putting some other BBs through there before assuming that the gun or mags are to blame.

Archived