Overspin I think, double, triple fire on semi?

TommyH88
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m getting overspin problems I think. As gun double, triples fires on semi. Not all the time but every 3 or 4 shots. And I can’t figure out why.

spec is as follows

gate Titan advanced mosfet

229mm 6.02mm barrel

M130 Spring

13.1 SHS gears, short stroked 4 teeth (340 FPS)

SHS HT motor

11.1v LiPo.

even with active braking on 100% just to see what would do it is still double firing on semi.

any ideas on what to do would be much appreciated. 

• Supporters

Why did you use a M130 and short stroke the gears? That set up is similar to mine.

I’m using:

Titan

225mm(ish) 6.03 Prommy barrel

Modify M100 spring

13:1 gears

ASG 40k motor

11.1v Lipo.

This set up I have no issues with double feeds or anything. 345fps +-2.

I would suggest the Titan needs setting up correctly. 

Is this a gun you’ve built from scratch? Or modified an existing one? 

On 15/07/2019 at 13:24, Prisce said:

Why did you use a M130 and short stroke the gears? That set up is similar to mine.

I’m using:

Titan

225mm(ish) 6.03 Prommy barrel

Modify M100 spring

13:1 gears

ASG 40k motor

11.1v Lipo.

This set up I have no issues with double feeds or anything. 345fps +-2.

I would suggest the Titan needs setting up correctly. 

Is this a gun you’ve built from scratch? Or modified an existing one? 

Yes I built this gun from scratch as wanted a high ROF for CQB, used a 130 To eliminate the risk of PME so fitted it then short stroked the sector to bring FPS down to 340. As on a m100 with 13.1 and a 11.1 I would def have got it. Surprised you haven’t to be honest? 

Fixed it now. Took apart and cleaned all the sensors and now works fine again. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TommyH88 said:

Yes I built this gun from scratch as wanted a high ROF for CQB, used a 130 To eliminate the risk of PME so fitted it then short stroked the sector to bring FPS down to 340. As on a m100 with 13.1 and a 11.1 I would def have got it. Surprised you haven’t to be honest? 

Fixed it now. Took apart and cleaned all the sensors and now works fine again. 

I did the same. Took some advise from a couple of techs on here, put it all together, sorted all the shimming and the like and it worked perfectly. Have had no issues, just need to work on getting the hop perfect now, as I haven’t got it where I want it.

So your saying that the sensors being covered were causing double and triple feeds.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

So your saying that the sensors being covered were causing double and triple feeds.

It possibly could as the cycle sensor counts the teeth which is why you have to tell it which gear type you are using. Will  have a play and try it out but I am now wondering what effect short stroking has on that sensor.

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It possibly could as the cycle sensor counts the teeth which is why you have to tell it which gear type you are using. Will  have a play and try it out but I am now wondering what effect short stroking has on that sensor.

Yeah, I agree with what your getting out. Just hadn’t heard of it before so was more a question of is it possible.  

The titans are highly advanced, I would like to find out more about what they have incorporated Into the chip set. Just nosey like that. 😁

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Yeah, I agree with what your getting out. Just hadn’t heard of it before so was more a question of is it possible.  

The titans are highly advanced, I would like to find out more about what they have incorporated Into the chip set. Just nosey like that. 😁

Not something I have come across before either as when they are dirty it normally just stops working. 

Never put one in a gun with short stroked gears either but then I never short stroke gears because it's just urghh

Archived