Could you share your experiences with the TM HK45

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been thinking of acquiring one of these for some time. Either this or the FNX45 when I have seen the reviews, but I lean towards the HK.

All the reviews I have seen were positive, but one from a bloke who knows a lot about airsoft worried me a little. Although he says lots of nice things about the gun, he has some serious criticisms. Only one of those criticisms bothers me - that the size of the slide with all the empty space inside it, and the way the rear sights are attached with two screws through plastic, make it vulnerable to cracking. The bloke is based in Hong Kong and I get the impression he may be into speed softing, but he is the sort who works a lot on guns and fits custom parts, whereas I keep my Maruis as they come and only use 144a in the summer and Ultra if it is cold. So I wouldn't be putting the strain on the gun that he does, and I wouldn't even be using it for skirmishing.

The whole video is worth watching but the part I have referred to starts at about 23 minutes. 

So, given my modest requirements, I thought I would ask owners of this popular gun if they have encountered any problems with the slide, since I am not intending to upgrade it to a metal one and then get into all the other expense of changing parts to support that.

Anybody have a slide crack or the rear sights fly off their HK45?  Does it feel any more fragile than other TM blowbacks?

The rear sight on the TM G18c is held on with a single screw and has taken a years worth of propane with no issue’s whatsoever. 

Ive ordered the FNX so when it eventually arrives I’ll do a proper review on it. I believe you’re local to me too, so if you want some hands on you can have a play with it for a weekend if you want. If Defcon ever send it that is...

29 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Very kind of you Wolf.

I look forward to your review.

Have you kept the plastic slide on your G18s then? That is impressive for a full auto gun.

Yep. Bought it second hand from @rocketdogbert completely standard. Everything is still standard apart from a maple leaf bucking I’ve had in for about a month. I’ve had it come out of a holster mid sprint and go bouncing across hard ground but it’s all still in one piece. 

Had the TM HK45 tactical for a little over a year and a half now and it is absolutely spot on. Love the ergonomics of it, and the performance is amazing as you expect from all TM guns.

2 years no issues for me. I also use the LPE route shims, 9ball mag routes on green gas so a little more punch than what was intended for its design. The reason I chose it in the first place was I had friends running them pretty much since they came out without issue and still running to this day.

Had my HK45 for just over a year which is pretty unique for me. Its my primary side arm and have used it in wood lands as a  primary. Completly stock other than fitting a TM threaded barrel and 3d printed compensator.

On 14/07/2019 at 21:40, Wo1f said:

The rear sight on the TM G18c is held on with a single screw and has taken a years worth of propane with no issue’s whatsoever. 

Ive ordered the FNX so when it eventually arrives I’ll do a proper review on it. I believe you’re local to me too, so if you want some hands on you can have a play with it for a weekend if you want. If Defcon ever send it that is...

Got myself the Tm FNX the other day and in my mind its one of the best pistols I've ever owned range is incredible, blowback is snappy (as always with aTM :) ) managed to fit an rmr to it with little trouble and I'm in love with it so far :) 

@emilianoksa Can't speak for the HK-45 but the FNX is definitely worth a look 

Archived