Apocalypse Airsoft review

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello I played here yesterday on a Saturday game I loved the Saturday game it was lovely atmosphere only 22 of us I belive but the games were very well structured and the staff were fantastic the food van is the best on site bacon bap I’ve had lol 

we had had an issue with one of those cheating 14yo kids with a toilet mouth and his asshat father who threatened anyone who told his kid not to cheat or to stop mouthing off my god! he was annoying and rude but the Marshals were fantastic at cooling everyone off and keeping the peace so huge respect to them for that definitely stopped the day from being ruined for me 

i have health issues and everyone was so kind and helpful 

the other team had one guy I was facing against we kept high fiving each other when we killed each other ect that was the respect and spirit all day I experienced it was good fun for sure would go again loved it 

had allot of fun will be back for sure would recommend the Saturday game for bigginers the Sunday games number between 120-250 players 

much more hardcore and more brutal than the Saturday games 20-30 is a very fun atmosphere good team work ect I loved it 

Thank you to the Apocalypse Airsoft team for a fantastic day 

But sadly the only huge downside is the toilets they are DISGUSTING using a bucket flush that people refused to use left them with a smell that would make even the toughest stomach turn I feel they should find some solution to this issue as the hygiene is terrible apart from that one and only downside it’s one of the best events I’ve attended 👌🏻Recommend u give them a go for a 6 hour gaming fest you will enjoy it for sure

120-250?! Wow!

This used to be my airsoft site when I played. (Had a couple years break.) It could easily hold that many people and would be pure mayhem. Gonna start up again next month. Come down seth and talk about this new cqb site your doing 😁

4 hours ago, Seth_Erebor said:

120-250?! Wow!

1 hour ago, Lowkeyz said:

This used to be my airsoft site when I played. (Had a couple years break.) It could easily hold that many people and would be pure mayhem. Gonna start up again next month. Come down seth and talk about this new cqb site your doing 😁

Sure thing, I'll see when I'm free next and PM you.

8 hours ago, Seth_Erebor said:

120-250?! Wow!

8 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

A slight exaggeration no doubt but Apocalypse is a massive site, and they don't even use half of it.

I swear honestly the site manager told me they had 220 players booked on the Sunday and he expects another 30-40 on average walking in honestly it’s crazy big 600 acres is a big site they boast the largest games in the south of the uk I belive no exaggeration don’t belive me ring them on the website I have the teams numbers they will happily tell u more

4 hours ago, Lowkeyz said:

Why not come on a Saturday w me n my friend oneday it’s 20-30 people but honestly I find it more fun lol

• Supporters

Played there about 5 times, each time I said I wouldn't go back, the site manager (Martin ?), is full of his own self importance & unfortunately shit rolls downhill so his marshals were no better, big cheating problem that wasn't being addressed, I reckon they have the attitude that "a paying cheat is still paying", as for numbers, never saw more than about 50.

yes, it is potentially a massive site (260 acres approx), but most of it isn't used, if he's quoting 220 booked, I call bullshit on his numbers.

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

the site manager (Martin ?), is full of his own self importance & unfortunately shit rolls downhill so his marshals were no better, big cheating problem that wasn't being addressed, I reckon they have the attitude that "a paying cheat is still paying", as for numbers, never saw more than about 50.

Completely agree with everything stated. I said this in my Apoc review some time ago. I do not want to take out 30 minutes of my day for a UKASA Sales pitch. It's such a shame as the playing area is right up there with the best sites. 

Total shame I didn’t experience that at all and the marshals were very good w cheats making them call hits 

the Saturday game is better tho as they keep more control over it all but the Sunday games I’ve not played yet so idk

17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Completely agree with everything stated. I said this in my Apoc review some time ago. I do not want to take out 30 minutes of my day for a UKASA Sales pitch. It's such a shame as the playing area is right up there with the best sites. 

Ukasa sales pitch ? At the start they did the rules and health and safety mentioned the shop that was it so idk about that

19 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

35 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Played there about 5 times, each time I said I wouldn't go back, the site manager (Martin ?), is full of his own self importance & unfortunately shit rolls downhill so his marshals were no better, big cheating problem that wasn't being addressed, I reckon they have the attitude that "a paying cheat is still paying", as for numbers, never saw more than about 50.

yes, it is potentially a massive site (260 acres approx), but most of it isn't used, if he's quoting 220 booked, I call bullshit on his numbers.

My friend has played the Sunday game last month he said was 193

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Raytd said:

friend has played the Sunday game last month he said was 193

dunno what to say about that, if the numbers are correct then they've either upped their game

OR

there's a lot of easily pleased people about.

I'm not convinced 😉

24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Are you saying that his source may be unreliable?

No offence to Raytd but he is a little too positive about the site and seems to have not seen/experienced any of what multiple other commenters have witnessed.

I'll play devils advocate & state this is my local haunt & go to site, visited other sites in Kent which have their own plus & minuses, but enjoy Apoc on a regular basis which keeps me coming back & being part of their regular Milsim series.

As stated site is huge, they only use Zone 1 for Sundays - Zone 2 is opened for Milsim events, good that the site owners have a vision to continually reinvest & develop the site, also for us regular Milsimmers who attend the site there's been some great FOB development as well.

Numbers have regularly been +100 for some time, a quieter day is more around the 50-60 mark, was there recently & were 200+ in attendance

UKASA pitch not as much now

Shame about the comments regarding Martin - He can be quite a marmite chap & I get it, that being said I like the guy & always got on with him. Marshals are good guys & generally if something is bought to their attention they deal with that on a case by case scenario. Equally us Skirmishers / Players are often a unique breed, maybe Martin has succumbed to that & adapted 😁

Toilets I agree but I generally like to clear out prior to an event to not have to succumb, however that being said bucket-flush over portaloo any day for me!! 

Site is never going to be for everyone, hence Kent having a decent selection if Apoc isn't for you.

The cost to play, rather reoccurring games, and medic rule are what stops me from playing there.

I seriously hate making a 60+ shot with a sniper rifle, scoring a good hit, only for said player to be tapped on the shoulder to be "Medic* back into the game. Pointless. And to top it off this can be done twice.

The site is great, dont get me wrong. But I find it hard to cough up £35 compared to what I used to get at UCAP Sandpit. Maybe add some variation to the games, and have a 10 second regen rule. Make it worth reviving a player worth a risk. Not just run past him and tap his back sort of thing.

Well if you book in advance, its only £30, not much more than most sites.

I'm with you on the medic rule and marshalling, such a shame as its probably one of the best sites in the country in regards to the playing area.

11 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

The cost to play, rather reoccurring games, and medic rule are what stops me from playing there.

I seriously hate making a 60+ shot with a sniper rifle, scoring a good hit, only for said player to be tapped on the shoulder to be "Medic* back into the game. Pointless. And to top it off this can be done twice.

The site is great, dont get me wrong. But I find it hard to cough up £35 compared to what I used to get at UCAP Sandpit. Maybe add some variation to the games, and have a 10 second regen rule. Make it worth reviving a player worth a risk. Not just run past him and tap his back sort of thing.

They now have a 10 second regen rule!

For those who've not been recently or at all, here is a video highlighting the main parts of the site, Yes I agree no one wants to hear a sales pitch however so far in 2019 I have not heard it once and I've been quite regularly on sundays... With the number of players saying to the marshal "that guy in multicam with an M4 isn't taking his hits" won't get the issue dealt with. 

• Supporters

@DopeYourScope you bastard, here's me hating apocalypse, having been disappointed every time I've played there (5 times, last time bout 2 years ago), clearly they've been busy building there, now I'm torn about having another go 🤔

GitGitGitGitGit😜

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

@DopeYourScope you bastard, here's me hating apocalypse, having been disappointed every time I've played there (5 times, last time bout 2 years ago), clearly they've been busy building there, now I'm torn about having another go 🤔

GitGitGitGitGit😜

😂 sorry not sorry man, the actual game days seem to now being run by the head marshall (simon) and the man running the shop (Jon) and in my opinion they've vastly improved this year alone.

A lot of the other sites me and friends have been to in Kent we always seem to dip between Apoc and Battle Lakes. The games are a decent length (I hate short games if its less than 2 hours a game I'm not interested).

On 26/07/2019 at 07:38, MikeMarden said:

They now have a 10 second regen rule!

That may entice me to return if thats the case. Is it still 3 lives as well?

4 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

It is still medic medic regen however just shoot the person providing assistance that’s always fun 😂

13 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Still the 2 hits = medics / 3rd hit Dead Man Walking & back to re-gen 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This site slipped under my radar, some mixed reviews but a lovely looking site. I haven't tended to disagree with Asmodais reviews in the past but it does seem the site has upped its game somewhat. I am glad some regulars have gave their opinion in a fair way rather than some of the nonsense we have had in the past with slightly negative reviews or remarks and people signing up to cuss out the posters and type ineligible nonsense :D  

I will give it a go in the new year once the weather turns nice again :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.