Genuine wood furniture on GHK AIMS

Aristotle's Lantern
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Airsoft Forum

Before I got my GBBR a question I struggled to find a definitive answer to was whether or not you could replace the folding stock on the GHK AIMS with real AKM furniture.

I figured I'd make a post on here for you guys and anyone doing a google search for the same question just to say that, yes...with basically no modification - you can. The trunnion is the same and it matches the original AKM.

I've put M5 threaded nut inserts into the screw holes of the wood, this way I can quickly swap between wooden and folding stock without worrying about the wooden one getting loose over time.

IMG_20190713_145217.jpg

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Aristotle's Lantern said:

https://www.cold-war-collectables.co.uk/ got some new stock in, he matched the buttstock to the lower HG but they're not a pair (stock is Romanian, HG is polish) he didn't have any upper HG but the GHK colour matches.

aaaand that's bookmarked, i'm in need of getting me a wood handguard for the e&l

It's very simple, you have to remove the receiver dust cover and take out the spring and guide assembly, then remove the little rubber recoil buffer block thing. Then it's just a case of removing the two top bolts holding the folding buttstock in place and taking out the stock. I had to use a big flat headed screwdriver to persuade it out.

Then just take your wooden stock and slide it into the same slot. I don't know if an AK47 stock would fit, I used an AKM one which has the extra step in the bit that goes into the receiver. I did have to do a bit of filing to get it to fit, but you should be careful not to take too much off or it'll wobble, you want it to be as tight as possible without bending the receiver.

Once it's in, you can screw it in with 5mm wood screws into the pre existing holes from where it's been attached to the donor, or do what I did and once you know it fits, remove it again and drill out the holes wider and put in some m5 timber inserts then you can use some M5 countersinks to hold it in place - I got some black oxide ones - think I went for m5x16 in the end because the ones from the folding stock are too short.

Archived