Glock 17

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

I've got a few different Glocks.

WE don't do much for me as the gas efficiency isn't that great. You can get Co2 mags but that's a lot of faffing about

What’s this faffing you speak of? You just put a bulb in, add BBs and away you go? 

9 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

the FPS can get silly in the summer months. You are probably going to aiming at people 10 to 15 meters away with a pistol so 400 FPS is a bit much.

Not ever found this to be the case to be honest , tested all my glocks on co2 in 25°c the other day, no higher than 320 on .2s 

15 minutes ago, E21A said:

What’s this faffing you speak of? You just put a bulb in, add BBs and away you go? 

Not ever found this to be the case to be honest , tested all my glocks on co2 in 25°c the other day, no higher than 320 on .2s 

This, CO2 gives a very consistent, hard kick but doesn’t often makes a massive difference to FPS. That’s more down to pistol design in my experience

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, E21A said:

put bulb in, it's leaking, remove bulb, fiddle with valve, put in another bulb, leaking a little bit still, fire a few rounds through, stops leaking eventually but it needs another bulb because this one's out of gas from all the firing.

or at least that's what i see from most folk running co2 mags round here.....

green gas might be pretty godawful in winter (the "i can dump a mag after it's been sitting in snow" crowd i suspect are liars) but at least it's reliably unreliable (by which i mean you know when it aint gonna work).

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

put bulb in, it's leaking, remove bulb, fiddle with valve, put in another bulb, leaking a little bit still, fire a few rounds through, stops leaking eventually but it needs another bulb because this one's out of gas from all the firing.

or at least that's what i see from most folk running co2 mags round here.....

green gas might be pretty godawful in winter (the "i can dump a mag after it's been sitting in snow" crowd i suspect are liars) but at least it's reliably unreliable (by which i mean you know when it aint gonna work).

Sure, they need a bit more maintenance than green gas, seals need changing a bit more often. That’s due to the higher pressure of co2 and the fact it’s “dry” so to speak. 

I’ve had several co2 mags and about 20 different green gas ones, and the green gas ones have, by quite a margin, been more troublesome than co2. Just my personal experience mind you. 

With GG mags you’ve got about 6-8 seals (?) in total I think, all of which fail at some point. There’s 3 in a co2 mag 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Just run a hotter gas in the winter. I run all me WE's on Nuprol red all year, never had any issues and they run perfectly well in winter.

• Supporters

Best thing in winter is to just pre-heat your gas canisters.  If you already have a propane burner for something like a jetboil then all you need is a bit of steel wire about 3 to 4mm thick to rig up a makeshift cradle, then you can suspend the can a few inches above the outlet (you don't want it directly in the flame obviously) and 2-3 minutes warming will be more than enough to get you through a cold morning of skirmishing.  Best thing is this works with any gas type, even your 134a for usage in TMs in the summer can be made effective for metal slide guns in the winter if you give it an extra minute or so of heating.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, E21A said:

Sure, they need a bit more maintenance than green gas, seals need changing a bit more often. That’s due to the higher pressure of co2 and the fact it’s “dry” so to speak. 

I’ve had several co2 mags and about 20 different green gas ones, and the green gas ones have, by quite a margin, been more troublesome than co2. Just my personal experience mind you. 

With GG mags you’ve got about 6-8 seals (?) in total I think, all of which fail at some point. There’s 3 in a co2 mag 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Never had a problem with a green gas mag that couldnt be attributed to leaving it ungassed for too long.

But thats just different experiences, green gas for sure isnt ideal in all situations, ive played enough northern winters to know that.

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What?  I'm offended by that!  I know nothing, but I'm very cheap, and I love my bargains. ;)

Ha you have given me alot of advise since i started out plus your a fellow Scot too, FYI I also love my bargains.

What mags do you use your your AA.

14 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

AA - good Glock for the price. Hard to see the difference between this and a TM to be honest apart from it comes with a metal slide as standard and if anything breaks (for the record nothing has on mine) then you can fit guarder parts to it.

This is what i have gone for. it looks good i've gone for tan and black to match my M4.  

14 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

spray with silicon oil every so often and give the barrel a clean as soon as you buy it and then every so often afterwards.

Thanks, ive never really been sure on the cleaning and greasing side of things so need to look this up. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

What mags do you use your your AA.

I use WE mags, they seem fine.

They were out of stock at PatrolBase when Workmate Eddie was buying, so he went for Raven branded mags which I believe are random rebanding of Nuprol randomly rebranded mags.  They shoot OK, but his slide quite often isn't locking back, so I'd recommend paying an extra £1 or so for the WEs.

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I use WE mags, they seem fine

do they drop out okay as i seen a review and they stuck and didnt "slip out"

Archived