Glock 17

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thoughts on the Glock 17 ? The one I am looking at is a WE GLOCK G17 GEN.4 GBB. My poor kwc 1911 has well broke simply put. Missing half of the safety lever and the slide retention pin just likes to fall out. so any excuse for a new gun ehh. 

51 minutes ago, E21A said:

Do a search, this is probably the most popular sidearm in airsoft 😂

image.jpeg.b48a613c17ef3a9da20f2b89b415b5b5.jpeg

::P :P :P :P 😛 :P :P 

@Rogerborg i like the shape of the gen 4 but your right about the gen 3 the mag release is smaller and also cheaper look what you done now i can decide lol 

G17s are pretty much standard as far as sidearms go; they just work, but nothing to write home about. A green gas WE G17 with a maple leaf hop up chamber set is pretty much all you need to be set for life. Maybe a 9mm hammer bearing too.

For co2, however, everything essential will need to be steel. Trust me, I've been to hell and back. Every aluminum/pot metal piece imaginable has broken before me, during games too.

They never seem to have Glocks. Ditto Gunfire.

The best Glocks will be the TM but they are very light and apparently more fragile than other Marui models. 

Second best will be the WE Glocks. They are popular for a reason - nice appearance, metal slide, reasonable performance, excellent performance with Maple Leaf hop and barrel and not very expensive. Most importantly, and unlike some of the other versions, they are TM compatible. 

IMO best place to get them is KY Airsoft, using Paypal, and delivery in two weeks. Tell them to show your UKARA number prominently on the parcel. KY have an excellent range of WE Glocks in VARIOUS colours and configurations..

41 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

The best Glocks will be the TM but they are very light and apparently more fragile than other Marui models.

I've a TM G17 - it's my current sidearm of choice. I wouldn't suggest it's particularly light, especially compared to some of the full plastic jobs out there, nor does it feel flimsy or fragile. I suppose compared to a full metal brand it may not be as hefty, but it's still a very sturdy handgun.

26 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Oh, if you do get a we g17, a guarder or dynamic precision lightweight bbu will fit and make for very snappy slides.

I have decided I am defo getting a we gk 17 just don't know where from. air soft world are at 95.00 ky airsoft are like 60 odd but im not sure about there shipping as it wouldn't give me a price to the uk and I cant make out the models on tawains site its just mumbo jumbo 

• Supporters

Just to re-iterate, I've put a thousand BBs or so through my AA R17 without problems.

OD

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r17-a-gbb-v3-pistol-in-olive-black.html

Tan

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r17-b-gbb-v3-pistol-in-tan-and-black.html

Tacticool black

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r17-gbb-v3-pistol-in-black.html

Yes, I know, but you're buying the toy gun, not a relationship with Sweaty Dom at BBG4L.

Knock 7% off those prices if you leave it in your basket for 24 hours, and postage is free.

At under £56 delivered for the OD / tan toys guns, I doubt you'll find anything cheaper that actually works.

Guess I can add to this too, WE glock 17s are not bad at all add a maple leaf hop unit and you are good to go. Not going to cost you an arm and a leg and parts are widely available too, I might even pick up another at some point.

These AA R17s though, seem worth a try. Roger, I take it these are pretty much a clone of the WE? How is the magazine compatibility between the two, might be a good choice too.

4 minutes ago, The broadsman said:

magazine compatibility

from the reviews I have seen the we mags don't have that much of a snug fit unsure about tm mags but im going down the aa r17 route. 

update bought the aa r17 

Mate forget WE

Get the Umarex/Stark/VFC glock 17

full trades, and very good performance

my team all have them and we cant sing their praises high enough, gas efficiency is off the chart

19 minutes ago, Alicks said:

Mate forget WE

my team all have them and we cant sing their praises high enough, gas efficiency is off the chart

Some figures for the gas efficiency? Also, how are the co2 mags if any of you have used them?

3 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Some figures for the gas efficiency? Also, how are the co2 mags if any of you have used them?

We averaged out 3.5 mag loads on a single co2 bulb, firing methodically not spamming the trigger

co2 blowback is crisp with a good kick

3 hours ago, Alicks said:

Mate forget WE

Considered them but they have had a mixed reception from owners - I have read both good and bad reviews on forums. Perhaps individual guns vary.

The full trades come at a price and Umarex stuff is expensive enough anyway. They are not TM compatible so how widely available parts are I wouldn't know.

And the magazines are overpriced.

They look nice though.

3 hours ago, Alicks said:

Mate forget WE

Get full trades on a WE if you buy from the right place. 

Umarex has all the downsides @emilianoksa mentioned. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

I trust you too. your very knowledgeable 

What?  I'm offended by that!  I know nothing, but I'm very cheap, and I love my bargains. ;)

I won't claim that the Army Armament is anything special, and the latest versions have all the trademarks removed and a 12mm rather than 11mm barrel thread.  But they do actually work OK as stock, and take TM parts if you want to throw more money at them.

I've got a few different Glocks.

WE don't do much for me as the gas efficiency isn't that great. You can get Co2 mags but that's a lot of faffing about and the FPS can get silly in the summer months. You are probably going to aiming at people 10 to 15 meters away with a pistol so 400 FPS is a bit much. Strangely the WE mags work much better in TM, KJW or AA glocks for gas efficiency.

TM rock and rock even more when you stick a shooter design metal slide on but that's an extra 50 quid.

Umarex/VFC are nice and I just got a G19 and TM and KJW mags work in it fine.

AA - good Glock for the price. Hard to see the difference between this and a TM to be honest apart from it comes with a metal slide as standard and if anything breaks (for the record nothing has on mine) then you can fit guarder parts to it.

I've also got a Raven Glock..cost about 50 quid and runs like a train. 

No one ever mentions KJW Glocks. awesome little things but you need to shop around to find them with trades and this can push the price up.

I've just got my hands on (not really it's in the UK and I'm abroad) a Glock 19X. I'll probably stick up a review on here when I get a chance. Interesting design with the compact G19 slide but full G17 pistol grip size.

Did I mention KSC/KWA Glocks? really nice looking but a PITA to get replacement parts for.

At the end of the day buy whatever one you like the look of and is within your budget. Remember that 3 spare mags will probably cost as much as the pistol, don't forget to give it a spray with silicon oil every so often and give the barrel a clean as soon as you buy it and then every so often afterwards.

Archived