Fuse location help

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’m a bit of an electrical dumbass, so like to check if I’m unsure. 

Is is there any reason not to add fuses on to the battery wires themselves? (No fuse on gun) I can’t see that they won’t serve their purpose if needed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Picture for clarity 

9BC1770A-5405-4EEE-A7BD-C957F4344193.jpeg

it would work however all your batteries would require fuses and you would run a risk of wrecking your gun if you borrowed a battery with out a fuse. it just seems like extra work for no noticeable improvement.

I’d put fuses in all of them, and I don’t borrow batteries. Additionally my mosfet has an electronic fuse but I’m a belt and braces kinda guy when it comes to something that could set my gun on fire, possibly while it’s next to my face. 

• Supporters

Not recommending it just my personal choice but none of my guns have fuses at all , when ever I get a new gun (brand new or second hand) first thing I do is ditch the fuse .

touch wood never had any problems with them and I can say none of my team mates have either and as far as I’m aware there’s never been any problems in the team that could be put down to no fuse fitted . 

Just a different perspective on the fuse question.👍

• Supporters

If you really want a fuse and eager to solder, but not the gun, then why don't you just make a fuse extension between the battery and the gun? Just two deans connectors with a fuse between them.

• Supporters

Watching this with interest as my rewired MP5K is currently "between fuses".

Any wisdom on the smallest form factor for fuses, by which I really mean fuse holders?  5x20mm inline is still a pretty chunky holder. I wonder if I can squeeze a mini blade fuse and socket into the battery tube.

18 minutes ago, Samurai said:

If you really want a fuse and eager to solder, but not the gun, then why don't you just make a fuse extension between the battery and the gun? Just two deans connectors with a fuse between them.

Already had to add another join on the gun so wires can pass through the buffer tube, and just fancied trying something different. 

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Any wisdom on the smallest form factor for fuses, by which I really mean fuse holders?  5x20mm inline is still a pretty chunky holder. I wonder if I can squeeze a mini blade fuse and socket into the battery tube.

I’ll be using mini blade fuses if I go ahead with this, will let you know how I get on? 

Archived