Camp Sparta Site Review

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sparta as a site is fab.  Sparta when ran on a skirmish day from my experience not so good.  Can't talk re specific events ran there.

I was there at a Stirling weekend event in 2019, we really liked the site! Size wise I’d compare it to Urban Assault, with the same kind of buildings and general layout. 

The only thing we found was the lack of windows to shoot from, you were essentially forced to fire from doorways only when fighting between and around buildings. Not sure if that’s changed, and I suspect it’s as a measure to keep trespassers out. 

Shooting from windows was a bit of sore point when I played Gangsta City.  Default rule for most sites I believe is don't open/close any windows or doors (some sites just windows).  Leave them in the state you find them.  Though I'm sure this was skipped in the brief as they assumed everyone was familiar with general rules.  First mistake.

Then people started abusing windows.  Opening them, shooting from them and then closing.  Then they decided to change the rules mid game that you weren't allowed to shoot from any windows.  Second mistake as that news didn't get around to everyone causing some people to be lit up from windows who hadn't heard about the rule change.  I'm pretty sure the rules changed one more time during the event but I could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Shooting from windows was a bit of sore point when I played Gangsta City.  Default rule for most sites I believe is don't open/close any windows or doors (some sites just windows).  Leave them in the state you find them.  Though I'm sure this was skipped in the brief as they assumed everyone was familiar with general rules.  First mistake.

Then people started abusing windows.  Opening them, shooting from them and then closing.  Then they decided to change the rules mid game that you weren't allowed to shoot from any windows.  Second mistake as that news didn't get around to everyone causing some people to be lit up from windows who hadn't heard about the rule change.  I'm pretty sure the rules changed one more time during the event but I could be wrong.

Were the windows glazed?

Bit of a health and safety issue I would think.🤔

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.