Mad Mommas, Saltash

M4gick
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, first time poster here. Been out the game a few years and moved down to the southwest. Only just found out there's a site quite near me and very eager to try it out. Only trick is, I'm not driving. If any of you head up there from Plymouth and wouldn't mind a tag along I'd be more than happy to pay the fuel of the journey and get back into the sport, and work towards getting my UKARA back for a sexy new gun. Cheers - if this post is allowed! 

8 minutes ago, XanderShadow said:

Please check their facebook page as Mad Momma's is NOT a walk on site. It's booked/pre reg only for their games and events

https://www.facebook.com/airsmurf/

Hi mate, cheers for the reply, I've been in touch with them a bit lately and their regular walk ons are due to start again this weekend! Fortnightly Friday evenings and Sundays, for both walk ons and rentals they told me! July - September they have to  share the place with another company so I don't think they run as often as they'd like 

Good lad. I'd say post up on their page as well, asking if folks near you are going and have a spare car slot. Folks tend to go from most of the south west so likely you'll be able to find someone going who doesn't mind a passenger, especially as you're not that far from the site really.

1 hour ago, XanderShadow said:

Good lad. I'd say post up on their page as well, asking if folks near you are going and have a spare car slot.

Good idea mush just done exactly that! Bit excited to be getting back into it all 

Whilst I cant help with a lift as Im currently living in London, I used to play at Mad Mommas when I lived in Plymouth many years ago, one of the original members who helped set the place up (my first UKARA number was MMA0004 or something like that!)  so of course Im biased - but its a bloody brilliant site and some wonderful people running it. I keep meaning to go back down there and play a game again but it never seems to match up with my days off. Very highly reccomended, but take good grippy & ankle supporting boots because the terrain can be a bit severe in places!

2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Whilst I cant help with a lift as Im currently living in London, I used to play at Mad Mommas when I lived in Plymouth many years ago, one of the original members who helped set the place up (my first UKARA number was MMA0004 or something like that!)  so of course Im biased - but its a bloody brilliant site and some wonderful people running it. I keep meaning to go back down there and play a game again but it never seems to match up with my days off. Very highly reccomended, but take good grippy & ankle supporting boots because the terrain can be a bit severe in places!

Couple of lads I game with have been going recently, rather than to our usual haunt of Skirmish in exeter, n they can't sing it's praises enough either.
Personally, I'm dead chuffed they're using Scraesdon fort to for some games. Amazing place for a skirmish and training days like they do. We used to use it as main site when I worked with SouthWestWargames before he shut it all down, and it's a bloody fantastic place to play.

Archived