New motor .

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Right then I have a couple of TM recoils that have been around the block a good few times (socom/G36/74su and a sopmod) and I’ve started to notice the motors are not quite as good as they were , gearboxes are fine but the motors are definitely in there twilight yrs now . So simple question Gentleman suggestions for good affordable replacement motors for these fine work horses of mine .

If you are sticking with the same gears go for an SHS/Rocket Green. 16TPA version. 

Otherwise, I have a new TM EG1000 in my JG MP5 and it goes like stink. Maybe pick up a replacement for your current one? They can be had cheaply second hand if you wait for one to come up. 

There is something you can try... And I repeat try. There is no guarantee this will work for you, and I don't recommend it (but it does work if done right).

Take the motors out and make a test loom.

Flick switch, Wire, Connectors.

Then run those motors in a glass of deionised water till the water goes black, Dump the water and do it all over again till the water starts to come out reasonably clear.

Re-lube the bearings top and bottom, Put on some new brushes if needed.

This will clear the crud out of them, All the carbon and brush deposits that get into the bearings, magnets and caps.

Afterwards, you'll either have dead motors, or ones that run like new.

Just be sure to allow the motors to fully dry before you install them back in the guns, and lube again before they go back in.

Most of the supermarkets sell the water you need for about 60p a litre.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/car-maintenance/carplan-deionised-water/479358

• Supporters

I always keep a couple of litres of isopropanol / isopropyl alcohol around for cleaning electrics.  Dunk, or get in there with a small brush.

• Supporters

Cheers guys after getting the advice from players Who’s opinions can be trusted (well I think can just about be trusted anyway !😉) the ‘dipping’ is the the way I shall be going , watch this space .👍

21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I always keep a couple of litres of isopropanol / isopropyl alcohol around for cleaning electrics.  Dunk, or get in there with a small brush.

I spilled coke on my mechanical keyboard took it apart soaked the PCB in isopropyl for a day scrubbed some of it with a tooth brush lightly and it was revived! 

Use it for cleaning battery terminals after a leaky battery too.  Thermal paste remover too. 

Archived