Airfest 2019

Tommikka
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I shall be back again to Paintfest / Airfest 2019 and running the (free) TFD mini games in the Killhouse

We do run this on the Paintfest side, but for our Battle Royale format players go in unarmed and need to find the weapons we provide to survive.

Airfest attendees are welcome, you just need suitable goggles.  If you only have airsoft eye protection then see the NPF rental desk for a loan of goggles.

Across the weekend I shall be found either in the killhouse,  TFD checkin,  Enola Gaye stand or generally relaxing around the place 

25,26,27 July

484227F8-A2DA-46A2-B9DA-A0913E30A2EA.jpeg

Anyone going to this? I've not heard much buzz around it.

Did anyone go last year? Was it good?

https://www.npfbassettspole.com/events/airfest-airsoft-festival

m.

TOPIC MERGED

Please take a look before posting, the same topic was below the one you posted :) 

17 minutes ago, Maff-7777 said:

Anyone going to this? I've not heard much buzz around it.

Did anyone go last year? Was it good?

https://www.npfbassettspole.com/events/airfest-airsoft-festival

m.

Yes

(Noting that I’m a Paintballer lurking around here for my side line of being nosey and running supporting some airsoft)

Ive been going to Paintfest since 2013 and have been running a mini game on behalf of our sponsors Enola Gaye.  I posted earlier today about our format this year.  

We are

running the killhouse on a paintball basis, but (without giving too many of my secrets away) we have a Battle Royale format where players are sent in unarmed looking for weapons such as pistols, long rifles, a tennis ball gun, rubber frying pan, catapault and many more- then try to be the last player live.  For the last two years airsofters have also come down (using free loan rental goggles if necessary as it’s the paintball zone)

The BR format was intended as a one off, but we had complaints that we didn’t bring it back the next year - so have run it 3 times.  I swore that this year will not be BR as i want people to be left begging for more instead of it getting stale.   This brought back more feedback that was understanding but BR was wanted.

We have refined a new game design so are bringing back a new variation.  Blowing my own trumpet but the first comment last night when NPF announced our return was “best thing at Paintfest” ..... when our sponsor gives a true free bar for party night, and one of our trophy’s was called the 2nd best in paintball (I concur with what they rated number one) feedback that calls us the best thing is going to keep getting quoted by me

BC84EE70-3BCB-4AA4-BFB0-B5CDF257043C.thumb.png.c5968d13ce1505e32724413485523397.png

NPF have had airsoft running for some time, and I think airfest has been on for 3 years

Airfest and Paintfest run along side each other. The site is vast, they still run a full rental service over the weekend on the ‘normal’ site, Paintfest on another half of the site and airfest next to that.

Zones do change a bit to provide variety.

The player pack isn’t out yet for 2019, but I can link last years as a rough guide.  This year the format changes ... usually it’s activities Friday & Saturday followed by the main big game on Sunday.  For 2019 the main game is Saturday with activities on Friday & sunday

https://issuu.com/npfbassettspole/docs/playerspack2018

The NPF crew are slick and run what I believe is the best site in the country, the owner Ged reinvented tournament Paintball in the US when they stopped him attending the main national event.  He showed Americans how to put glitz into paintball and run his own tournament on the beach.

He also ran the first hyperball event ever at NPF (In recent years people have been able to play tournaments on the same spot of grass)

These are people experienced in what they do

Its a true festival of all sorts of players, a trade show, multiple games and activities running, camping, partying and chilling

PS my stage appearances in 2017 and 2018 are legendary 

There is no known footage of me on stage in 2017

I possess the 2018 footage (and according to my memory I have not watched it) but two friends of mine have a recording of me live-streaming to them whilst I watched the footage on my cameras screen

I plan to not drink 6+ pints of red wine before going on stage this year

Thats how many empties I had stacked in my hand

I also have zero recollection of all the party group selfies following the appearance

Ill be 51 there this year.  I need to stay alive 

• 3 weeks later...

The AirFest player pack is at:

https://www.npfbassettspole.com/downloads/airfest-2019-player-pack.pdf

We are on the schedule for Friday morning and all day Sunday with Battle Royale

All included in your AirFest ticket price, and we supply all the BR gear .... but do bear in mind that we are in the Paintball zone so you need to be wearing paintball legal goggles.  If you only have airsoft eye protection then speak to the NPF staff and they will direct you to where you can get a loan of rental goggles

Even if you don’t come down to play, seek me out and say Hi.  I’ll mostly be either at:

the kill house

the Black TFD gazebo

Annoying Enola Gaye

generally hanging around 

The AirFest player pack is at:

https://www.npfbassettspole.com/downloads/airfest-2019-player-pack.pdf

We are on the schedule for Friday morning and all day Sunday with Battle Royale

All included in your AirFest ticket price, and we supply all the BR gear .... but do bear in mind that we are in the Paintball zone so you need to be wearing paintball legal goggles.  If you only have airsoft eye protection then speak to the NPF staff and they will direct you to where you can get a loan of rental goggles

Even if you don’t come down to play, seek me out and say Hi.  I’ll mostly be either at:

the kill house

the Black TFD gazebo

Annoying Enola Gaye

generally hanging around 

Archived