prowin hop up not feeding i think

JohnTheRadioMan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(g&g srl)My friend (works fine with his) had recommended to get a prowin hop up to upgrade it, after spending £26 (a lot for me) it’s not feeding properly, it shoots every 4 shots on auto and once 2-3 times on semi, when it does shoot its around 2 meters and drops. Help?  don’t want this to go to waste. Was firing normally until installation of pro win.

• Supporters

What hop rubber? Could be the lips are poking too far into the chamber, take a look up the feed tube see if you can see the lips poking in where it could block a bb.

13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

What hop rubber? Could be the lips are poking too far into the chamber, take a look up the feed tube see if you can see the lips poking in where it could block a bb.

This 👆🏻

If youre using a maple leaf rubber then that will be the problem for sure 

• Supporters

G&g green? Might not be that then.

It's not jamming on the nozzle when fitted? Take a look up the feed tube and fire it- see if its moving ok.

• Supporters

hmm, looks ok to me, you've not got an obvious gap when closed and the feed lips aren't too far back.

at its furthest back i assume it clears the chamber ok? you could consider a delayer chip on the tappet especially if you're running a higher rate of fire.

Yea it seems like it clears the chamber

was firing

checked the inner barrel and there was a bb! Probs nothing lol

had to use another phone with smashed screen to take clear pic

87CDC882-1D96-4364-8417-04DBF000D55C.jpeg

i’m not too sure what the rof is but it’s is mostly factory but the hop.

It getting stuck some where in the buking it seems

What would be the best biking to replace my current one?

• Supporters

G&G Green hop rubber are actually very good.

G&G Guns are known to have issues with ProWin Hop up chambers.

Like you i fitted one in my G&G TR4-18 (HK 416) and it worked like a beaut, installed one in an SAI G&P body and it worked well there too.

My friend wanted his upgraded too as he had a plastic hop chamber, so we put a ProWin hop in his G&G CM16 rifle and the performance was atrocious, every other shot was firing and inconsistent FPS. I discovered there was a significant air seal issue using the paper test. Went and bought a stock G&G metal hop chamber and all issues were solved.

As a tip, check and see if you have an air seal issue, looking at your pictures it looks like the air nozzle is not fully engaging into the hop chamber. This would mean that some or too much air is being lost out of the gap and that not enough air is going down the inner barrel to push BBs out. 

To check you air nozzle to hop chamber air seal, cut a piece of paper into a small 1 x 1 cm square, ensure that your AEG is fully unloaded ie no BBs, plug in a battery so that the gun operates and place on Semi auto.

Turn the gun upside down so that you are looking down the magazine well and place the small aforementioned piece of paper over the hole where BBs would enter the hop up chamber and pull the trigger.

1 of 2 things will happen:

1: the piece of paper will not move or slightly move due to vibration, you have a good air seal

2: The piece of paper will fly out of the magazine well into the, you have a bad air seal.

If number 2 happens then it means that the ProWin hop will NOT work with your gun, get or use the stock G&G hop chamber because no amount of modding or bucking will help you AFAIK.

I had no end of trouble using a ProWin in my G&G M4A3. It jammed all the time and simply would not work. I found it helped slightly replacing the stock spring that sits ontop the hop with one that sits over the barrel instead. It still didnt work well though, I ended up taking it to a store's tech  to look at it because I was tearing my hair out couldnt figure it out after taking it apart a dozen times trying to figure it out. The only thing they found was the piston was very worn, replaced the piston and it worked like a charm ever since.

It may be purely coincidental, may have been nothing to do with the piston and  perhaps the way he put it back together was ever so slightly different to me and it all sat together properly? I cant really see how the piston would affect it, unless perhaps its so worn its not pulling the tappet plate back properly in time with the gears or something. Just throwing it out there as a random idea.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

I had no end of trouble using a ProWin in my G&G M4A3. It jammed all the time and simply would not work. I found it helped slightly replacing the stock spring that sits ontop the hop with one that sits over the barrel instead. It still didnt work well though, I ended up taking it to a store's tech  to look at it because I was tearing my hair out couldnt figure it out after taking it apart a dozen times trying to figure it out. The only thing they found was the piston was very worn, replaced the piston and it worked like a charm ever since.

It may be purely coincidental, may have been nothing to do with the piston and  perhaps the way he put it back together was ever so slightly different to me and it all sat together properly? I cant really see how the piston would affect it, unless perhaps its so worn its not pulling the tappet plate back properly in time with the gears or something. Just throwing it out there as a random idea.

sounds like you had bad compression, which very much would mess up your accuracy no matter how good the hop setup you had is.

• 6 months later...

Archived